Best VV Mod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallicafan2633

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
Although they seem to hate me personally, you can't beat the VAMO.
Don't tighten things down too tight on them - and watch NOVA tanks as they can destroy the center pin washer.

Honestly - for your upgrade - there is no question for the money.
Otherwise - a smok ZMAZ - vaping one now - a little more money - and, well - it doesn't hate me much yet.

can you elaborate about the novas destroying the center pin?

6.T.9

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
United States
Well the tesla is the new kid on the block and Its what I got. my buddy Is the owner of a vapor store in town. So he loaned me his vamo and tesla to try out. the next day I went and bought a tesla off him and I enjoy it alot I paid 115 for it and got 2 batteries, charger, protank, and some e-juice cant. Complain one bit about it. if I had known about the provari ahead of time. I would have but a lil more back and got that. So im in the process of trying to get one now but im still glad I got the tesla regardless

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368747688609.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368747688609.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 41

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
I don't think it even makes sense to adjust volts when you have watts. On a VW device, the VV mode is primitive and redundant.

Anyway, to answer your (rhetorical) question, here's how to get started. Just a few easy steps...

ProVari:
  1. Attach atty.
  2. Check resistance: CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK (13 times).
  3. Wait 2 seconds
  4. Note coil resistence.
  5. If you happen to prefer about 8W, you can add 2 to the coil resistance to get a rough estimate of the target voltage. Or, for better precision, evaluate this expression: V = sqrt(W*R)
  6. Enter Voltage Up/Down mode: CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK (5 or 7 times, depending on whether you need to adjust up or down).
  7. Wait 2 seconds.
  8. Increase voltage: CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK ... until target voltage is displayed. If you overshoot, CLICK CLICK CLICK ...
  9. Wait 4 seconds.
  10. Vape.

A VW device:
  • Attach atty.
  • Vape.

On a Vamo, you may want to click DOWN, confirm your settings, and then UP to undo the previous DOWN. On an eVic, a Darwin, or any DNA 20D device, it's even better. Everything is already on the screen. No clicking at all unless you want to fine tune for taste.

now that is pretty stinking funny...I only use VW as well....thank you for the redundancy class in redundancy.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
just an update so everyone knows, and i apologize that its not about fish, but i ordered the vamo v2 in black chrome and it will be here on thursday!

Hope you have better luck with yours than I did mine. The first one lasted 3 months. I'm not a big fan a pour quality control and pressed together parts. If I can pull it apart when it's brand new then I'm not impressed. I'd go for the MVP if on a budget. Just my :2c:

On another point I wish the moderators would look at this kind of thread and make more suggestions to stay on topic. This Provari vs vamo is getting out of hand. Buy what you want and when it breaks then go cry in the mirror. Cause China ain't gonna listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Well the tesla is the new kid on the block and Its what I got. my buddy Is the owner of a vapor store in town. So he loaned me his vamo and tesla to try out. the next day I went and bought a tesla off him and I enjoy it alot I paid 115 for it and got 2 batteries, charger, protank, and some e-juice cant. Complain one bit about it. if I had known about the provari ahead of time. I would have but a lil more back and got that. So im in the process of trying to get one now but im still glad I got the tesla regardless

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

I like my Tesla's. I confused at how many times a person needs to adjust the setting's once the deliverey device is attached. Adjust it and then vape it.

Johnny P

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2012
Greece
hey everyone

looking to upgrade soon from just a couple of 650 mah ego batteries to a nice VV mod. price is an issue, but im not really sure what my range is... so dont take that into consideration while making recommendations. Just let me know what mod (or mods) work best for you and why!

as a side note, ive never used an atty, i only use tanks. let me know what you use on your mod and what you like about it. i use the mini vivi nova on the 650 mah egos, would probably use a regular vivi nova or a kanger pro on a VV mod.

thanks for all your help!

PS... pictures are encouraged ;)

I'll recommend the provari, but it is expensive, but you will be very satisfied with the quality and reliability.
For attys believe that the future is Genesis and there you need to focus your attention.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I have had a provari for over a year now, it,s never never failed me. I have built many RBAs on top of it, using un oxidized steel mesh, and it has seen many MANY shorts, after its 5 sec reset it always comes back to life

This was until recently, just until I got into mech mods. I still love and use my provari a lot but I'm enjoying the HOBBY of vaping (as opposed to the act of) that controlling watts / volts through what I built, instead of the device itself, is very entertaining at times (being an engineer myself)

I also have a SS vamo, it's ok and it does the job indeed, but I wish I had gotten a flat top zmax (like 20 or 25 bucks more)

I still think though that a vv / vw adjustment mechanism like the buzz pro is the better one, I don't mind adjusting to taste like I do with the ego-twist

Better yet, a combo tumb dial/button at the top end pair to an oled screen would be best of them all

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'm aware of the Darwin and its a great device, but the form factor is fugly to me and more than anything unusable for someone who, like me, mostly use genesis attys or similar toppers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This 100%

I use my Darwin with a big 5ml Phiniac carto tank without a problem. I've gotten more positive comments about the looks of my Darwin than my tube PV's. One guy told me it reminded him of Star Trek.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Whether it's great looking or not is a personal preference, tome it's one fugly device but I respect your opinion. I'm not trashing it, it's just not for me

Can it accommodate an aga-t though? I saw either GrimGreen or PBusardo reviewing one and they pointed out that with some tanks the arm bends a bit (and GrimGreen commented not too kindly about its looks)

In any case there is not a lot of point of debating which device is best, use the one you like, works for you AND is SAFE (that is what I like most from my provari, I can short it a bazillion times and it keeps going, I have put the battery on reverse, and one flat top battery to which I added a magnet shorted and the only think out of it was a collapsed, easy to replace spring)

Now, what do you do on a Darwin when the battery dies? I mean dies as in it won't hold a charge anymore? (As all batts in this world do)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
..............Now, what do you do on a Darwin when the battery dies? I mean dies as in it won't hold a charge anymore? (As all batts in this world do)

First, I'm a heavy vaper and have been using my Darwin for two years now and the battery is doing great. It has diminished some, in that instead of holding a charge for 21 hours, it's now down to 18 hours. Obviously not a problem.

Second, when it is time to change the battery, I will just send it back to Evolv and pay the $25 for a new battery. Since every "smart" vaper has backups, that won't be a problem. From others I have talked to, sending it in and getting it back takes 5 days total which is not a problem. And from a cost of the battery standpoint, it costs no more than replacing a Spinner or Twist battery. But of course the Darwin battery lasts about 5 times longer than those over-priced Twist batteries.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
im not a provari hater...i dont own one and never saw the need for one cuz for the same money i was able to purchase an mvp, an evic and a vamo...all serve different needs (juice delivery systems)....for that kinda cash i would rather get a limited edition brass mech.....oh wait, i got one...the zen camo sw.....upgraded by me to brass....but i agree, im sure most provari owners will stand by the quality of the product, in the end, its just a battery though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread