best wattage and voltage for subtank mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersimmonNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
New York, NY, USA
Well, the Subtank requires a mod with at least 30W capability and is able to accommodate a 0.5 ohm resistance. Not sure what other units you have. The Subtank comes with 2 replacement coils, 1 at 0.5 and the other at 1.2. If you don't have a mod rated to run .5, put the 1.2 coil in it until the iStick arrives.

I have the 30W iStick with my Subtank and generally (varies depending on liquid) have it between 22W and 28W.

Prepping merely means putting several drops of liquid into top of coil before putting bottom and tank/top portion together so wick is wet to prevent wrecking the wick with a dry hit.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm soon to b purchasing a eleaf istick 50w variable voltage/wattage mod box. Trying to figure out best to use prior to it's arrival.Plz and thank u....and also ,I assume the instructions will come with,but I've read something about prepping the subtank..help plz?

The usefulness of having a variable voltage mod is so that when you get your subtank you can adjust to suit to taste.

depending on the coil you use, you will probably find yourself using it somewhere between 10 and 30 watts.

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
within my own thoughts....
Hell yeah guys thanks,perfect.and the subtank mini will come with istick.the order is for the istick with added subtank mini all together so I won't b running the subtank without the istick....getting tired of this evod vv with protank 3 and airflow.ready for that setup already

So you bought a package deal? If so, care to share the website? I just purchased a iStick 20w and not sure what i was thinking because i could of bought a 30w for $5 more on another vape site!! :( Now i'm hearing (from this thread) that in order to run a Kanger Subtank (which i want to buy next month), i need a 30w! argh

Would love to know who sells a 30w WITH the subtank? :)

Thanks

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
A good idea is to use the ohms law formula. You have a given resistance and your device has a specific amperage limit that it can handle with a range of wattage.

Use your resistance and take a wattage number your device puts out. You'll then see a voltage number along with an amperage number. You can also use the resistance and plug in voltage instead to get a wattage number and amperage number. Obviously you want to start low and work your way up, but using ohms law gives you a better understanding of what's going on. I believe Kanger recommends a wattage for the sub tank coils too.

Fussellini70713

Mar 28, 2015
Napa, CA
Jovey!Eleaf iSmoka iStick 50W 4400mAh 0.2ohm Mod

Idk of that copied right,but myvaporstore.com u find the istick 50w,then there is a little thing tht says tank that allows you to choose whatever tank with the same order.has the 30w as well as many others ,but the 50w is what I'm.getting cuz of the internal battery and whatever else that will b good enuf for me!

Plz let me know if u find what u looking for...nice to help!

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
Jovey!Eleaf iSmoka iStick 50W 4400mAh 0.2ohm Mod

Idk of that copied right,but myvaporstore.com u find the istick 50w,then there is a little thing tht says tank that allows you to choose whatever tank with the same order.has the 30w as well as many others ,but the 50w is what I'm.getting cuz of the internal battery and whatever else that will b good enuf for me!

Plz let me know if u find what u looking for...nice to help!

Thank you so much and going now to check it out! :) Does anyone know if the subtank will work on a 20w istick? Reason i need to know is because i just checked and i cannot return or exchange the 20 watt....so i'm stuck with it once it arrives and i can't afford to purchase another one for a few weeks. Plus, if the subtank mini won't work on the 20 watt, then guess i'll have to wait on purchasing that as well.

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
Oh i bet you're excited...i would be! I just read on another site that the subtank can run on a 20watt, but only with the stock coil that comes with it, but not the subohm coil. Guess i'll need to find out more before i buy the subtank, especially since i'm stuck with the 20w istick! lol

Checked out that site and that's a great deal for the price on the 50 w. So i'll be getting mine there in the future, so a huge thank you and hope you enjoy your new setup when it arrives! :)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Oh i bet you're excited...i would be! I just read on another site that the subtank can run on a 20watt, but only with the stock coil that comes with it, but not the subohm coil. Guess i'll need to find out more before i buy the subtank, especially since i'm stuck with the 20w istick! lol

Checked out that site and that's a great deal for the price on the 50 w. So i'll be getting mine there in the future, so a huge thank you and hope you enjoy your new setup when it arrives! :)

Correct. You can use the subtank on the 20 if you use the 1.2 ohm coil. If you use the 0.5 ohm coil, you will need at least the iStick 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread