Best way to store large amount of E-Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AluTheVaper

Oct 10, 2016
Hello there vapers. I came here to ask you guys and girls what the best way is to store a large amount of e-liquid, So basically there is this new law coming to my country, I won't be able to order alot of e-liquid soon and it will cost alot of money, so i bought 24 liters of e-liquid and i'd like to know what's the best way of storing e-liquid so it'll outlive its expiration date, I currently store my e-liquids in a closet but i've heard that theres even better ways to store e-liquid so do you guys have any better options for it? Thanks in advance.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You bought 24L of already made eliquid? WOW! Have never heard of anyone having that much on-hand for longterm use.

If you hadn't already bought it, my suggestion would've been to just buy the necessary nicotine base to store longterm...and learn how to DIY your eliquids. That way, you could make your own eliquid as needed, rather than storing already made stuff.

I'll be interested in what others have to say about storing your huge amount that you've got already.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Hello there vapers. I came here to ask you guys and girls what the best way is to store a large amount of E-Liquid, So basically there is this new law coming to my country, I won't be able to order alot of e-liquid soon and it will cost alot of money, so i bought 24 liters of e-liquid and i'd like to know what's the best way of storing e-liquid so it'll outlive its expiration date, I currently store my e-liquids in a closet but i've heard that theres even better ways to store e-liquid so do you guys have any better options for it? Thanks in advance.

Oxidation is what causes most mixed juice to go bad. Oxygen permeates through plastic but not through glass so storing your juice in air-tight glass bottles is the first thing you need to do. Bottles with a tapered neck work best, fill each within a half inch of the top to minimize head-space (the volume of air trapped inside). Light (UV) and heat dramatically enhances oxidation so storing the juice in a cool, dark place is a must. Some people store juice inside a refrigerator which greatly prolongs its storage life but not all juice likes to be refrigerated, it can mute certain flavors. For 24 liters of juice I'd certainly recommend getting a small dedicated refrigerator (just for the juice) and set it to maintain around 45F which is warmer than the average refrigerator but much cooler than normal room temperature. The cooler its kept the longer it will last in storage but too cold may harm certain flavors. Even stored in airtight glass bottles and under ideal conditions I doubt the juice will remain viable long enough for you to vape all 24 liters so... party hearty!

....If you hadn't already bought it, my suggestion would've been to just buy the necessary nicotine base to store longterm...and learn how to DIY your eliquids. That way, you could make your own eliquid as needed, rather than storing already made stuff....

+1
Even after buying 24 liters of juice I'd still recommend freezing a few liters of liquid nic (if it's available) in case the juice doesn't store longer than a few years. Properly stored in a freezer, liquid nic could remain viable for decades. People who stockpile liquid nic and learn how to DIY are all but immune from government regulation/taxation. Liquid nic is the best vaping insurance money can buy. ;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I agree with JCinFla's suggestion that DIY would be the best alternative. A liter of 100mg/ml nic at lower mix levels can last 5 or 10 years. PG and VG should be available in every country where it's used in many other industries.

Flavorings shouldn't be restricted at all. It's when e-liquid is commercially premixed with nicotine that governments find the need to pass crazy laws restricting its sale. You'd think that they all have large stock holdings in tobacco companies and have a reason to smack the competition.

Last edited:

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
For 24 liters of juice I'd certainly recommend getting a small dedicated refrigerator (just for the juice) and set it to maintain around 45F which is warmer than the average refrigerator but much cooler than normal room temperature. The cooler its kept the longer it will last in storage but too cold may harm certain flavors.

I've heard people say this before, but I don't understand why this would be the case. I'm not saying it's not the case- there are a great many things I don't understand. But my first instinct if I had that much juice, and the freezer space for it, would be to put it in the freezer.

I think your rebottling suggestion is a very good one, and a bottling system that used an inert gas like Argon would probably also be a good idea. I think the two worst enemies here in the long run are oxidation and evaporation of volatiles. I'd also probably try to apply some additional sealing factor to the container at its opening. Still, that's a lot of juice...

Last edited:

JohnSmith75

Jun 7, 2017
UK, London
Usually, I keep the prepared liquid in small bottles. In your case, 24 liters is a very large amount of liquid, thus I suggest you have a closer look at a smaller plastic bottles Buy Plastic Bottle | Empty Bottles | Spray Bottles | Pet Plastic Bottles - Allinpackaging.co.uk put the liquid in such a container and use it when needed. The advantage of this approach is that you will use as much liquid as you need at the moment, while the rest of the liquid will be safe and not impacted by sunlight and oxygen.

Last edited:

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread