Best wire for direct lung hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4licious

Feb 16, 2017
The type of wire, or the the type of coil, doesn't matter so much as two main things: air flow, and coil resistance. The different types of coils, I.e., alien, Clapton, macro, etc, are just means to increase surface area of the coil so more wick, hence, more juice, is heated.

Thanks for the quick answer! So if i use the regular kanthal a1 26awg it will not have so much difference than the clapton or something crazy like hero alliance, right? What about material? ss or kanthal?

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
Thanks for the quick answer! So if i use the regular kanthal a1 26awg it will not have so much difference than the clapton or something crazy like hero alliance, right? What about material? ss or kanthal?

Those won't really affect whether it's a dl or mtl hit. If I'm running a basic macro coil with a resistance of .25 ohm, and on another tank running a Clapton at .25 ohm, the lung hit is basically the same. The type of build will affect how much juice is vaporized, and sometimes the flavor. In this example, the Clapton has more surface area, so more juice is used per hit, so this would make bigger clouds, and possibly affect the flavor.

Reactions: ChelsB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread