Better E-Juice Companies than Others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butrfly4200

Apr 24, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Hey Everyone,

I've only been vaping for about 10 days, I'm proud to say that I'm off analogs completely since my 3rd day and I was a smoker for nearly 20 years!

The start-up cost for me was a bit high, I got a kit for both my b/f and myself. Once we decided that we liked them, we ordered some juice that we THOUGHT we would like. However, that is NOT the case! All in all, I've spent about $200 in the past week and a half. So far, I've tried 6 different types of juice from 3 different companies. I only liked the juices I received from TrueSmoker.com (menthol and cherry).

I've gotten 2 juices each from V4L and Strickly E-Juice, which I didn't care for very much. Should I not buy from these companies? Also, I noticed that the juices from V4L and Strickly E-Juice were all different colors. Whereas, the juice from TrueSmoker were both the same color. Is there some significance to this? Should I just stick to the TrueSmoker brand?

I'm a bit scared to invest anymore money into exotic flavors, since I've been let down and wasted my money ($40+) on juice that I don't personally care for. I would like to try flavors that ACTUALLY taste like what they're supposed to taste like. If anyone can offer me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
I wouldn't pitch those just yet. You've only been off of the analogs a week or so and your tastebuds are still changing. Try them again in a week or two, you may love them.

Also, different people have different tastes. I personally prefer fruit flavors, watermelon my current favorite. I've dealt with a couple of companies and there was some difference, I currently prefer VaporStation's flavors. You can also get some LourAnns flavoring and try putting a couple of drops of that to see if that helps the flavor. To test a flavor, start out with a very small amount and experiment with it.

Since you liked the cherry, you might try getting another fruit flavor. And I've read that a lot of people like the fruit flavors with menthol, so you might want to try that combination. To get some ideas, read through the DIY Juice section under Tips and Tricks. A lot of info in there.

And btw, welcome to vaping, it a whole better world!

Butrfly4200

Apr 24, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Hi Chuck,
Thanks for your reply and for welcoming me to the world of vaping! lol
I know that my tastebuds are still changing, but these were horrible (one tasted like strawberry flavored puke, literally) and I would hate to try that one after my full sense of taste is back!
I'll look into LourAnns flavoring. But I'm not entirely sure that it will help the flavors that I have (peanut butter cup, dark chocolate raspberry, kona coffee strawberry, and cinnamon danish).
I think that I just might need to stick with the plain fruit flavors for now and not go into the more exotic ones. I guess I'll "chalk it up to experience", since I'm a newb. lol

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I buy way too much juice but finding flavors you love tends to be ongoing. I have a LOT of flavors I love now, so much so Ive added my suppliers to my sig :) But that doesn't mean I havent bought off other suppliers and liked those juices too.
Its such a subjective thing, taste.
I used to haunt the E-Lqiuid reviews forums getting ideas - remember just because something is popular doesnt mean YOU will like it but it helps if you can find a member whose tastes run similar to your own so you can try the juices they like, in the hope you will like them too. Even so you will find yourself buying things you end up hating, but put them aside and try them again in 2 weeks - taste is not only subjective but CHANGES the further away from ciggies you get.
I probably have enough juice now to last me into next year, I really should stop buying more but I get tempted easily :D
If you DO decide to check out the E-Liquid Reviews section, look through a FEW pages, not just page one, so you can see if certain suppliers crop up multiple times as 'good juice' providers. That at least might give you a place to start.

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
Another Wisconsinite! Welcome! There is a juice company here in Wisconsin, Johnson Creek Smoke Juice. They have a sample pack that's really nice, lots of flavors. Sorry I don't even know how to post a link, but if you google Johnson Creek Smoke Juice you will find it. Good Luck and have fun in the vapor world!

Butrfly4200

Apr 24, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Hi Aschmidy, Thank you for the warm welcome!
I've read on another post that someone thought Johnson Creek's juices were a bit too sweet for their taste, so it is nice to get a different point of view! I also read that they have a return policy for their juices, which the sites I've ordered from don't. Johnson's Creek is only about 45 minutes West of Milwaukee, maybe I'll go and visit the shop! It would be cool to actually talk with someone, that is knowledgeable about e-cigs, face-to-face.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I am now totally devoted to Tasty Vapor but I understand it can be a little intimidating to buy a whole ounce for someone who is still looking for what types of flavors they like.

You can basically divide e-liquid into two groups -- DeKang and everything else. DeKang, a Chinese company, is the largest producer of e-liquid in the world. I'm not knocking their product -- it has many fans, but many vendors sell DeKang with their own label on it for branding purposes. If you tried a DeKang liquid from one vendor and didn't like it, you don't want to buy the same liquid from another one. If in doubt, ask.

I'd suggest staying away from chocolate flavors at first. They are very difficult to do right. Fruit and mint/menthol are fairly good bets (although I did buy a terrible pear liquid once.) I've done well with raspberry, banana and peppermint as well as several concoctions.

Have you figured out whether you prefer PG, VG or a combination? The general wisdom is that PG gives the best throat hit and the most flavor while VG produces the most vapor.

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
butrfly, I don't think they actually have a store front. But if you ever see people out and about with their Johnson Creek shirts on stop and talk to them! I've heard of people getting free stuff that way. Also they are great to talk to! I email and chat with them when I have questions, they are super nice. They do have a great return policy, too.

Butrfly4200

Apr 24, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Hi Poeia,

Thank you for your advice, I've learned the hard way that I'm staying away from chocolate flavors! :nah:

Ok, you said there were two different types: "DeKang and everything else". Can you tell me what the difference is? I noticed that the flavors I did not like, were all different colors. Whereas, the two that I did like were both a very light tan color.

All of the juiced that I've gotten thus far have been PG, from my knowledge. BUT, being that I'm a total newb to vaping, I could be wrong! None of the bottles of juice that I have say anything about being PG or VG, guess that's something I have to look into before I purchase. Soooo no, I have not found out which I prefer just yet. I do like a decent throat hit and lots of vapor, so maybe I should try a combination of them both, huh?

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
cignot.com has some simple flavors and reputable,good prices. Again to repeat others,I have juices I "thought" were a waste of money only to love them a few weeks later. Give it time and keep it simple. You will LOVE this community and were lucky to find such a caring and helpfull group. At least thats how I feel.

Butrfly4200

Apr 24, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Hi Warlike,

My mom just started vaping yesterday and got all of her stuff from cignot.com, I have yet to try her juices, maybe I'll go do that tomorrow to see how I like them.

Earlier I stated that me and my b/f didn't like the 4 flavors I listed, but now he's taking a liking to the cinnamon danish that we got. So I guess some of them just need to grow on you. The e-cig that I got came with 10 non-menthol carts, I didn't like them at first, but they grew on me, I smoked all of them!

And you're right, this is an awesome site! This is the first day I signed up and have been posting, but I did most of my e-cig research on here before I chose which one I was going to buy, so I've been checking out this site for a few weeks now. Everyone seems REALLY nice and helpful! Awesome community that I'm glad to be apart of!

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
Hi Butrfly4200, I don't know if you are cleaning your atomizer between flavors and are getting cross contamination of flavors or not, but it might help. I dedicate an attie to each of the flavors I have. I mix my own juice because of the same issue you're having. Almost any stock juice I've had, I've ended up doctoring it up. Adjusting it to my taste. Which is another thing. I don't taste things the same all the time. And also different atties make the juice taste different, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

And you're right, this is an awesome community and place to learn. Welcome! :);):D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread