Better Mod - Istick pico 75w or Kbox mini 50w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truztno1

Jul 31, 2017
OK, so i have 2 mods at the moment. both of em have the exact same cleito exo tanks on em.

What i want to know, is which mod is better? I know the istick has a better screen/upgradable firmware and higher wattage capabilities...but which is best for durability and lasting performance?

Ive heard that kanger is like the honda civic of mods...meaning itlll last and perform forever..and Im worried that because my girlfriend dropped the istick so many times..that its gonna fault out on me....

so, which do you think i should go with? The istick pico 75 or the kbox mini 50?

thanks!!

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
I got a Pico and LOVE it. I went to leave a review for it today and it has been discontinued and replaced by another Pico that takes the larger battery or the 18650. I was disappointed because the new one is also a little larger in size grrrr, this one fits perfect in my hand.

I am pretty sure we can still find them now. I hesitate because I don't "need" it and the newer ones coming out will do either battery, and it could be phased out along with the 18650 batteries pretty soon. I don't know as I have only been vaping off analogs 4 weeks this Friday.

I am going to use the two I have now and hold off in case everything changes, but we do need two working units!

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I'm still finding plenty of the original Pico 75w still available (still listed on Eleaf's site also), in multiple colors/finishes, so I don't believe they have been discontinued (perhaps just with the vendor that @DQuit used). Eleaf have since came out with the Pico 25, which is 85w and will accommodate tanks up to 25mm and uses the same 18650 battery as the original. The Pico Mega is the version that will utilize either a 18650 or a 26650 battery, but is limited to 22mm (and 'some' 23mm) tanks.

Different strokes for different folks. My favorite mod, as I have several of the original version and a few of the 25 version. :D

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
I'm still finding plenty of the original Pico 75w still available (still listed on Eleaf's site also), in multiple colors/finishes, so I don't believe they have been discontinued (perhaps just with the vendor that @DQuit used). Eleaf have since came out with the Pico 25, which is 85w and will accommodate tanks up to 25mm and uses the same 18650 battery as the original. The Pico Mega is the version that will utilize either a 18650 or a 26650 battery, but is limited to 22mm (and 'some' 23mm) tanks.

Different strokes for different folks. My favorite mod, as I have several of the original version and a few of the 25 version. :D
I agree, I just found it this morning in stock at my main online vendor site and I'll be ordering it with some other coils. I think that other site just discontinued them and had it listed as "discontinued from manufacturer" and put up the Pico Mega to replace it.

Reactions: Letitia

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I'm like @RainSong when it comes to Kanger. I love their tanks but their mods are middle of the pack on their best day. The Pico is the way to go. I'd get two or three, if I were you.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
OK, so i have 2 mods at the moment. both of em have the exact same cleito exo tanks on em.

What i want to know, is which mod is better? I know the istick has a better screen/upgradable firmware and higher wattage capabilities...but which is best for durability and lasting performance?

Ive heard that kanger is like the honda civic of mods...meaning itlll last and perform forever..and Im worried that because my girlfriend dropped the istick so many times..that its gonna fault out on me....

so, which do you think i should go with? The istick pico 75 or the kbox mini 50?

thanks!!
i chain vape,, (means i vape a lot and use the mods a lot),,,,i have never had any of my 3 kangers last more than 3 or 4 months. so far 1+ years use of a pico #2,,, technically i am just now using pico #3,,#2 lives in my car as a 'on the go back up' and #1 has a dead screen,, but still works,, but i dont want to trust it,, i keep it for parts.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
They will not be phasing out 18650's anytime soon. Even if they try, you will still be able to aquire them. I don't think they're going anywhere.
The 20700 is being used by tesla, but not necessarily by other car makers. Iirc the leaf uses 18650 and there is more of those out than tesla. I wouldn't worry about it for at least 5 or ten years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread