Better tank or coils for smok osub plus 80w

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
So i have a smok osub plus 80w w the brit beast tank it came with and have been using the v8 baby-q2(0.4Ω) coils.

I was wondering if there's a tank or coils that will produce a better flavor. The flavor i get it pretty good, but not as good as my vaporesso target mini which is a lot less powerful. I know its a lot dif since the brit beast is bottom air flow and the vaporesso with the guardian tank is top air flow, but figured thered still be a better tank and or coils than the ones im using for the osub plus.

Anybody use this mod and have a better flavor out of a different tank or coils? Is kinda like to get into rebuilding coils as well. Not right away, but id like to have the option to do so.

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
If I am correct in reading that your tank (brit beast) can take the big baby beast coils, you can try the T8 coil which I found to produce very good flavor.

I also have the veco one tank and I found the flavor to be so so.

I am currently using the tobeco super tank mini with the .2ohm tobeco coils and the flavor kicks ..., better than the veco one tank or big baby beast tank, my opinion of course.

Flavor is always subjective though depending on the individual.

Reactions: JadidasKV

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
If I am correct in reading that your tank (brit beast) can take the big baby beast coils, you can try the T8 coil which I found to produce very good flavor.

I also have the veco one tank and I found the flavor to be so so.

I am currently using the tobeco super tank mini with the .2ohm tobeco coils and the flavor kicks ..., better than the veco one tank or big baby beast tank, my opinion of course.

Flavor is always subjective though depending on the individual.

I think it says the big baby ones fit, but they actually dont. At least not for the rba's, which is why i was thinking maybe get a new tank as well so i can have the option to do rba's.

Maybe ill grab a couple single t8's to give them a try instead of a whole pack.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the Smok G-Priv with a Big Baby Beast tank, I also have a Vaperesso Gemini RBA tank that I just finished putting dual SS coils 6 wires 32 gauge twisted. The Smok tank provides great flavor and vapor but the Vaperesso does something with that flavor that I can't explain and I want to say it is better. Smok is coming out with the TFV12 in the middle of this month and they are also selling a RBA edition.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
I've got the Smok G-Priv with a Big Baby Beast tank, I also have a Vaperesso Gemini RBA tank that I just finished putting dual SS coils 6 wires 32 gauge twisted. The Smok tank provides great flavor and vapor but the Vaperesso does something with that flavor that I can't explain and I want to say it is better. Smok is coming out with the TFV12 in the middle of this month and they are also selling a RBA edition.

Ya man idk what it is, but the flavor from vaporesso is something else. I have a couple flavors that are better out of the smok, but for the most part the vaporesso flavor better. Im not sure if the tfv12 will work for the brit beast or the osub plus. Think the wattage is too high from those coils if i remember correctly.

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
Sorry for the late reply, haven't logged in a few days.

As I mentioned in my original post

"I am currently using the tobeco super tank mini with the .2ohm tobeco coils and the flavor kicks ..., better than the veco one tank or big baby beast tank, my opinion of course."

You should grab a tobeco super mini as they are very inexpensive and you would be shocked as to the performance of the tank and coils.

I have not fallen in love with smok coils, especially for the BBB or BB. This is based on my experience with the smok stick v8 kit, which I now only use when my other stuff is charging.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Ya ive been using the v8 baby q2 .4Ω coils. Whats weird is they say best between 55-65w. I find it best between 35-40. If i go over 40 i sometimes get dry hits. I have got 2500-3000 puffs from them though.

A couple times ive tried to rinse them off after 1000-1500 puffs then let them air dry for a few days-week to see if i could get them to last longer, but after doing that, i cant really go over 38w wo gettin dry hit, cant chain vape wo getting dry hits, cant take long pulls, and only once was i able to get more th wo gettin dry hits, and cant get more than 2500 puffs off it. Rinsing them out seems to ruin them quicker instead of last longer lol.

I just watch zophies review on the spiral plus tank. Seems like it would be a pretty good piece, but i think its like 22 or 23mm and the brit beast is 24.5mm so the spiral being smaller diameter may look and feel kind of weird not coming out to the edge of the mod since i sometimes use the air flows like a carb/rush ona glass bowl/pipe lol.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
I agree w/ you about BBB & BB coils. I have both tanks. Do not like baby, but do enjoy big baby w/ rba. Much better flavor than w/ stock coils! As for smok coils - the only ones I love are tri coil for tfv4.

By BB do you mean brit beast or baby beast? They say they baby beast coils fit the brit beast, but im pretty sure i remember reading they do fit, jus the rba's dont fit the brit.

iVape524

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2017
I have the original spirals tank and it's pretty awesome with the 0.3ohm coil. I have the rba section and plan to try that next.

Disclaimer: the rba is single coil and if you build round wire you're going to want to make sure it's a pretty thick gauge. From the reviews I've watched most recommend using Clapton wire to build on it. It is pretty nice how easy it is on juice consumption too.

Reactions: JadidasKV

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
BB baby beast. Not familiar with brit. Looking forward to getting Spirals Plus tank. Hearing good things. One of the things I like best about tfv4 is the 4 smaller air flow holes. Wish more tanks came with that type. Better flavor IMO. Might be part of the reason I love my OBS engines!

Ya my osub has two long slits for the air flow. The coils have 4 holes on the very bottom of the coil body so when the juice is real low it wicks easier than atomizers with 2-4 holes half way up

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread