Beware PureSmoker !!!! CAUTION !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMizt

Jan 20, 2010
Eastern, US
:evil:In March of 2010 I purchased a PS USBpass & Prodigy V2 from PureSmoker. I continue to have a problem with my PS USBpass, the only atty that has ever fit it is the one that came with purchase. All of the DSE801's and M201's I have from other companies will fit my V2 but not my PS USBpass.

Company customer service first told me I had to buy DSE801's from them for them to be guaranteed to work or try pressing down really hard when I attached the atty's from other companies.

Pressing down does absolutely nothing and I got two DSE801's from PureSmoker today, they fit the V2 great but are too large for the PS USBpass, PureSmokers own DSE801's will not fit their own PS USBpass with 801 adapter.

The adapters that came with the PS USBpass are faulty or PureSmoker attempted to have items sized for compatibility with only their products and it isn't working out very well.

*****My email's from PureSmoker today finally shed a little more light on this issue, apparently they are not ordering anymore PS USBpass's from their Chinese manufacturer to sell, also they told me that the threading on the PS USBpass only works with RN4072's, which according to PureSmoker is the old style of threading, even though their website advertises that the PS USBpass is compatible with DSE801's.

Buyers BEWARE, this is an example of a company trying to move stock, they no longer plan to sell once inventory is depleted. They will advertise it as they like so long as they sell the item's they have no plan to carry anymore and definitely have no intention of servicing.

As a minimum PureSmoker should have advised that the PS USBpass will only work with the RN4072 and never mentioned DSE801, I really get the feeling that PureSmoker had the Chinese manufacturer re-size the threading on the PS USBpass so that only they had atty's that would work with the product, odd that the atty that came with the PS USBpass will fit on my Chuck, my M201 batt's and my Prodigy V2, but none of the atty's from that other gear will fit the PS USBpass.

So Buyers if you want to buy RN4072's I guess you can buy the PS USBpass, if all of your other gear works with DSE801, I suggest avoiding it like the plague. This is the only company I have ever had problems with since I started vaping!*****:evil:

Last edited:

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
This situation is turning into a huge misunderstanding. Here are the facts:

apparently they are not ordering anymore PS USBpass's from their Chinese manufacturer to sell, also they told me that the threading on the PS USBpass only works with RN4072's, which according to PureSmoker is the old style of threading, even though their website advertises that the PS USBpass is compatible with DSE801's.

1. Our USB pass throughs are made in the USA, not China.

2. I tried to explain to you today via our ticket system that the RN4072, DSE801, and BE112 are all types of the same model atomizer. They're made by different manufacturers to slightly different specs.

3. I also explained that the threading changed on the DSE801 atomizers we were receiving from China. We were able to alter the adapters on our models in production at the time to accommodate this change. The USB PT's were manufactured months prior to this, and therefore were not manufactured to the new specs.

4. I offered to send you two RN4072's to use with the device because your DSE's were only working with your V2.

5. We have had several users (as evidenced on our vendor forum at pure-smokers.com) still able to use the newly threaded DSE801's with their old adapters by pushing them down onto the adapter, then turning. Thus the reason I suggested that you try it. The threading just starts further up into the tube than before- it's not a different pitch.

Bottom line, I offered to fix the situation and send you two new atomizers to use with the device, and instead you went and flamed us in a review that was misinformed and inaccurate.

vleath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Dallas
I think we should talk about the cartomizers. Have you guys noticed that the hard capped ones make your liquid taste like perfume you know the ones yall put on sale not too long ago. Out of the 5 packages that I ordered I was able to find 7 cartos that my everyday vape tasted right in. How does the carto get burned while still in the package? I opened up a bran new one just to see where that rechid taste was coming from and the sock was burned. I though how in the world could that happen.

RedMizt

Jan 20, 2010
Eastern, US
Not going to get into a back and forth on this one, life is too short and my vaping experience as a whole outweighs this incident, I would wish to close with just one thought.

Truth in Advertising, it's a concept that many business's veer from, some by accident, some by purpose. All that really needs to be done here, is too note that the atomizer that works with the PS USBpass is the RN4072 and list no other that will not work consistently, without special manipulation.

As I said too PureSmoker in my email, the thing that aggravates me the most, is that when the PS USBpass was working, it WAS a great vape!

Simple honest approaches are always best, Truth in Advertising, at a minimum, let people know special manipulation is required and even with that not all items listed as working with the PV will actually work.

All I have to say about the matter.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
This situation is turning into a huge misunderstanding. Here are the facts:

1. Our USB pass throughs are made in the USA, not China.

2. I tried to explain to you today via our ticket system that the RN4072, DSE801, and BE112 are all types of the same model atomizer. They're made by different manufacturers to slightly different specs.

3. I also explained that the threading changed on the DSE801 atomizers we were receiving from China. We were able to alter the adapters on our models in production at the time to accommodate this change. The USB PT's were manufactured months prior to this, and therefore were not manufactured to the new specs.

4. I offered to send you two RN4072's to use with the device because your DSE's were only working with your V2.

5. We have had several users (as evidenced on our vendor forum at pure-smokers.com) still able to use the newly threaded DSE801's with their old adapters by pushing them down onto the adapter, then turning. Thus the reason I suggested that you try it. The threading just starts further up into the tube than before- it's not a different pitch.

Bottom line, I offered to fix the situation and send you two new atomizers to use with the device, and instead you went and flamed us in a review that was misinformed and inaccurate.

Sounds to me that good will was offered to the op and it was turned down.. What more can a company offer?

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Not going to get into a back and forth on this one, life is too short and my vaping experience as a whole outweighs this incident, I would wish to close with just one thought.

Truth in Advertising, it's a concept that many business's veer from, some by accident, some by purpose. All that really needs to be done here, is too note that the atomizer that works with the PS USBpass is the RN4072 and list no other that will not work consistently, without special manipulation.

As I said too PureSmoker in my email, the thing that aggravates me the most, is that when the PS USBpass was working, it WAS a great vape!

Simple honest approaches are always best, Truth in Advertising, at a minimum, let people know special manipulation is required and even with that not all items listed as working with the PV will actually work.

All I have to say about the matter.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread