Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

strongdad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2010
    TX
    I have done many group buys with Smog and he is top notch. The suppliers can be flaky and put out crappy products but he will take care of you. He has a subreddit for more updates.

Smog Distribution

Cigreen usually puts out quality products but I just hope they get the squonk hole right on this.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I have done many group buys with Smog and he is top notch. The suppliers can be flaky and put out crappy products but he will take care of you. He has a subreddit for more updates.

Smog Distribution

Cigreen usually puts out quality products but I just hope they get the squonk hole right on this.

Thanks for this link and info, very helpful as well as re-assuring.
    :toast:

Reactions: puffon

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    I ordered one of these also. Noticed they put up new pics on their site and the feed/drain hole look pretty high on the post. I will say the the hole they drilled up through the post looks pretty big though. I will probably press the post out on mine and drill another hole lower to the deck. No biggie for the price of it though...

Reactions: puffon

avpx1

ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2015
    I ordered one of these also. Noticed they put up new pics on their site and the feed/drain hole look pretty high on the post. I will say the the hole they drilled up through the post looks pretty big though. I will probably press the post out on mine and drill another hole lower to the deck. No biggie for the price of it though...

Is it difficult to press out the post and drill another hole? Is there a tutorial or anything on how to do this? What tools would I need?
    I'm asking because, well I'm a little embarrassed but here it goes... I pre-ordered 2 of them and then went ahead ordered 4 more as gifts but if they aren't going to work well then I'll need to fix them. I have purchased all of my BF attys from Chowderhead and they have always been top notch but I can't afford to buy 5 attys from him as gifts so I thought this would be a good idea. Hope I wasn't mistaken.

Thanks

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    Won't know until mine gets here as to what it will be like, but from the pics the feed/drain hole looks pretty high. This happens when someone drills these that isn't an actual bottom feeder owner and have no idea as to where the hole should be. The posts aren't usually that hard to press out. It's the drilling that is the hardest. I have found using a nylon bushing over the post and drill through it seems to work best for drilling without a drill press.
    IMG_20150428_091517__15175.1430238723.1280.1280.jpg

Reactions: strongdad

strongdad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2010
    TX
    Is it difficult to press out the post and drill another hole? Is there a tutorial or anything on how to do this? What tools would I need?
    I'm asking because, well I'm a little embarrassed but here it goes... I pre-ordered 2 of them and then went ahead ordered 4 more as gifts but if they aren't going to work well then I'll need to fix them. I have purchased all of my BF attys from Chowderhead and they have always been top notch but I can't afford to buy 5 attys from him as gifts so I thought this would be a good idea. Hope I wasn't mistaken.

Thanks
    I like my juice to drain back into the bottle so it doesn't pool up in the deck and spill out. This Derringer will work just fine and vape great but juice will pool on the deck. My origen has a crazy high squonk hole but it still vapes great and I just don't lay it on its side. The post is press fit into the deck so you just have to present it out and drill a new hole a bit lower on the post. Or use a dremmel and cut from the hole to the deck. For $20 I'm happy with it.

egrets

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I don't mind the higher holes neither. I tried my first ever dual coils on it last night but it doesn't vape right--probably just because it's my first dual coil and I'm not really good at positioning the coil at the right place. Will try single tonight. But it's not difficult at all to mount the two coils, just that I need more practice to do it right. Pretty happy with the look and size and finish on it.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread