Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
6606a16ad7fbb70baf5c7e73d5b3f021.jpg

Tomorrow's dinner. Boneless turkey leg About 2 lbs.

Aussies rarely eat turkey, so any pointers appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Thaw completely.

Place on foil.

Fold the foil over the top and fold the top to close it in then fold the sides to make a pouch.

Place the pouch on a cooking pan to catch drippings.

Preheat oven 270 degrees Fahrenheit.

Put pan in oven 45 minutes.

Tear off the top of the foil and increase the temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

Check the temperature in 10 minutes.

Periodically check again until the temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

165 degrees Fahrenheit remove from oven and cover with foil to cool to a good eating temperature.

Covering turkey to cool is the most important part because turkey can be a very dry meat if the moisture is allowed to escape while cooling.

Think of turkey as chicken that needs a little more care to keep moist and you'll be fine.

Tapatyped

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So the baby needs surgery. Mass under her nipple. So now she has to have it out and see if it's cancer. :/. This year was supposed to start better !

Has anyone ever done a gofundme ? I've sort of heard about it bitnnever done one. If anyone has any ideas please PM me. Sorry to post this here I just know there are a bunch of pet lovers and figured maybe one or more of you could offer some ideas.

I really hope it's not cancer. She's been through enough in life with the missing eye and neglect before we. Found her. Definitely the downside to being a very loving pet parent is it is absolutely heart wrenching and when you have to watch them go through things like this or suffer in anyway or when it comes time to say goodbye it's always so brutal.

Anyway on a more positive note.

I'm so happy to have my cc mod bad and tootle puffing away :smiley: I think I will stick to the no toy on top. What's everyone got planned for the weekend ? Any of you U.K. Members and if so who do you support ?

That assault turkey is HILARIOUS. I'm guessing it could beat becks meat or do anything else it wanted. That's a bad ... bird.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Just a reminder to folks. Double check your builds on the cc I built something a while ago and it sat for s while dry but ready. When I built it it was good to go. A 1 ohm build of 8 wraps 27 gauge.

I popped it on the cc and very fortunately I had the cap off to do the initial wicking and burn still. Sometimes I just pop it on right after wicking.

Here's what caused a hard shirt and .04 build that instantly flowed the entire atomizer bright red

It was a very sobering reminder not to be lazy. It was completely my fault for not checking the build right before I put it on at which point some small stray piece of leg from s previous build shifted to the positive post and bridged to the main body.

It looked like this from
The top. Nothing wrong.

814cfb4bb7c45b26ac4ff25c4d899565.jpg

Careful flashlight inspection showed this.

9f303c632c4e82152832d0974ccbbffc.jpg

Bottom right of the top post in the picture. A Tony piece of wire from failure to properly rinse out after removing the last build.

Anyway. Just a reminder that even people who use mechs regularly and typically build with meters neeed to double and triple check. It could have gone very very badly. Fortunately I stopped the fire very fast and I don't use anything but top tier batteries.

The instant draw on my battery was somewhere around 84 amps. :cringe:

So The moral. Done be an idiot like me. Test builds right before you mount on a mech mod and maybe shake them out before wicking or blow out with compressed air. Or rinse properly. Just don't be stupid like I was.

I know you all know this. But so do I. Yet it happened.

5996c7848c5d01bc90c8ee38658c5d32.jpg

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Sorry to hear about your baby girl, h00ligan. :( Please let me know if I can do anything to help. I don't know anything about gfm, tho... :(

Thank you so much. You don't need to do
Anything. And I'm sorry to pollute your thread. I just knew we have some real dog lovers in the family and I wanted to ask somewhere I would get some support and feedback if possible. I don't want to pollute the thread further. Any comments on the godfundme should go to pm.

Also. I'm very lucky. I volunteered as a photographer and dog walker for the largest no kill shelter here until my injury. My ex, puppy's mother, also worked there four years. So we have a discount service place we know and trust. The surgery is only going to be about $750 with pathology and a full dental
Cleaning / sedation . Compared to a regular vet $2000+ easy (even dental is so expensive) . So we don't need to raise too much. Its just the raining pouring situation you know. Still we are lucky to have a great vet we trust at s place that offers a steep discount so per care is affordable.

The other way we are lucky is that I happen to love my dog loads and as a result I pet her all over all the time. So I caught this lump way earlier than most would have. I tickled her belly and just barely felt something. So if it is cancerous there's a good chance once removed that will be it.

We don't know how old she is. They say 8 when adopted so going on 17. I think more like 13-14 and just had been ignored and denied regular vet care (they guess she's based on dental examination so a neglected dog may seem older than they are)

Either way she's old enough we likely wouldn't put her through radiation. Maybe if it was short and aggressive but finances with my injury and my ex being well. Unhelpful with money, mean that's probably a no.

For now we just need to
Get through to the surgery which will be inside he next thirty days.

Thank you for your support and allowing me to tell this story in your thread. I wont disturb it further. I'll Do some research on gfm and hopefully we have some friends who will
Pitch in $5. If everyone did it would really add up fast. I guess that's the idea.

Thanks for being great about it !

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Thaw completely.
Covering turkey to cool is the most important part because turkey can be a very dry meat if the moisture is allowed to escape while cooling.

Great for a whole turkey.

But he's got a de-boned leg, stuffed.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
:blink:

That is all.

Where I come from...
And where I've been...

I don't ever get questioned on how to prepare common meats.

Ever.

Trust the meat master.

;)

Tapatyped
:thumbs:

I over shot 165 by a couple of minutes. That temp raises quick.

0c6efa71abcde920f9efd3eeeb2210e4.jpg

11d5a2cf1aeed8ad3f8a610bfa07e0b7.jpg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

I over shot 165 by a couple of minutes. That temp raises quick.

0c6efa71abcde920f9efd3eeeb2210e4.jpg

11d5a2cf1aeed8ad3f8a610bfa07e0b7.jpg

Looks beautiful.

Great job!

How was it?

Next time I'd suggest savory instead of sweet flavoring.

At least for the cooking part.

Tapatyped

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
:blink:
I don't ever get questioned on how to prepare common meats.
Ever.
Trust the meat master.

As you wish. I've cooked my share too.
And I'd cook a turkey leg different.
I wouldn't stuff it like that either (or at all)

I wouldn't cook it in an oven for that matter. I'd smoke it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread