Not open for further replies.

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
You and me both, P! :toast:

Of course,...I plan to work just as many hours as I normally would, making extra buttons, 510's, pins, positive and negative contacts, bottle and tube assemblies......

It's gonna be so nice to have parts on hand, so that I don't have to build them individually, as I'm building each mod... Gonna be a huge time saver, building in batches.... :)

Exciting times, my friends.... :thumb:
Indeed it is, so glad for you.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Of course,...I plan to work just as many hours as I normally would, making extra buttons, 510's, pins, positive and negative contacts, bottle and tube assemblies......

It's gonna be so nice to have parts on hand, so that I don't have to build them individually, as I'm building each mod... Gonna be a huge time saver, building in batches.... :)

Sounds great!! The batch building will certainly be a time saver!! I certainly agree..... Exciting times!!:D

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Install was smooth, 510 is very easy to rebuild if necessary.
Throw is now much better for me.
Now for a test vape with the ss screw
I had to add an oring under the vent screw to raise the positive to get a better connection with my atty.
I then added an oring under the original delrin button to reduce the throw, because the new delrin was just a tad taller.
Both fixes are viable solutions :) here's some pics
IMG_20151006_185613547_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151006_191013199_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Install was smooth, 510 is very easy to rebuild if necessary.
Throw is now much better for me.
Now for a test vape with the ss screw
I had to add an oring under the vent screw to raise the positive to get a better connection with my atty.
I then added an oring under the original delrin button to reduce the throw, because the new delrin was just a tad taller.
Both fixes are viable solutions :) here's some pics
IMG_20151006_185613547_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151006_191013199_HDR.jpg

Very nice work, E!!! :thumbs:

Way to personalize it, man! :D

Really, really nice!

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Brass vs SS
No perceptible difference in ability to transfer power.

SS is a lot better for the flavor for me, but, a big but here, I have incredibly sensitive taste perception. Yrmv

So SS is better by far but I still have an "off taste" so it may be I'm a wood only kinda guy.

It sure is pretty as hell though and incredibly well made lovingly from an unassuming block by Corey's hands.

You've built passion and precision into this mod and I've enjoyed the chance to get intimate with it by taking it down to its simple and kind inner workings.
Thank you.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT

:rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:
Congrats on taking that first leap of faith!
It's a difficult first step turning over your baby to someone else knowing you have no control over that time period. Kind of like bringing your child to daycare for the first time.
From the looks of things you turned it over to good hands.:thumb:

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
I've discussed it privately, but let me state publicly,... the parts I'm getting from the machine shop actually surpass my level of accuracy. We are giving up nothing, in the way of quality here. Quite the opposite! We are moving towards a much higher level of quality, accuracy, and uniformity. This is a giant leap forward! :thumb:

Very exciting!!! :thumbs:

McPuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
P.A. USA
I've discussed it privately, but let me state publicly,... the parts I'm getting from the machine shop actually surpass my level of accuracy. We are giving up nothing, in the way of quality here. Quite the opposite! We are moving towards a much higher level of quality, accuracy, and uniformity. This is a giant leap forward! :thumb:

Very exciting!!! :thumbs:
seeing the quality of work you do i would never think that you would let anything leave your shop that was sub-par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread