Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Hey guys I know a few of you switched to ss 316l to run on your CC's. I'm about to buy some to try out and wanted to know what gauge most of you were using for dual coils around 0.3-0.4 and if you can dry burn like kanthal and also how does the ramp up time compare? Thanks :)

I personally prefer 26g SS for dual coils although I don't build that low. Heats up quickly for me and you can dry burn it.

I'm preferring SS 26g too. I have dual 26g in the Maker and Nuppin both around .4-.5 although I did a 24g centered single in the Stumpy and it was very good (these with 2 or 2.5 ID.) I tried a centered 24g in the Maker and it was too hot.
Current Maker build below. I think I'm one wrap short on one of the coils and it's gunky because NET liquid.
20160831_123258.jpg

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Hey guys I know a few of you switched to ss 316l to run on your CC's. I'm about to buy some to try out and wanted to know what gauge most of you were using for dual coils around 0.3-0.4 and if you can dry burn like kanthal and also how does the ramp up time compare? Thanks :)

Dual 316L, 26ga, 2.5mm, 0.28ohm. Ramps up super fast and works great on a CC.

qNCjNfA.jpg

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
I have one. I like it and have had no problems with it.
View attachment 594645

But, I'll probably be putting it in the Classies soon to fund another DNA75 I got coming.

Yeah, if you want a closer size/shape apples to apples comparison Drip Box would be the one to try.
Thanks , thats what i needed to know, 75watts with a narda or other single coil should be pleanty. As for the drip box i just cant stand giving any money to kanger, id rather go with the svapiamo. How durable is the abs they use?

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Thanks , thats what i needed to know, 75watts with a narda or other single coil should be pleanty. As for the drip box i just cant stand giving any money to kanger, id rather go with the svapiamo. How durable is the abs they use?

I don't think I'd be happy if I dropped it. It's durable for regular use but I think it would crack if it fell hard. I was using my Origen Sweet LIttle 16 on it. Speaking of Narda, it seems to me that it really likes to stay around .7 ohms.

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
I don't think I'd be happy if I dropped it. It's durable for regular use but I think it would crack if it fell hard. I was using my Origen Sweet LIttle 16 on it. Speaking of Narda, it seems to me that it really likes to stay around .7 ohms.
Will a 22mm atty fit in the catch cup? I got my narda built at .2 ohm , its angry , hits like a dual coil . im gonna rebuild it with 28/32 kanthal clapton after work.

Atlantisboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
USA
I'm preferring SS 26g too. I have dual 26g in the Maker and Nuppin both around .4-.5 although I did a 24g centered single in the Stumpy and it was very good (these with 2 or 2.5 ID.) I tried a centered 24g in the Maker and it was too hot.
Current Maker build below. I think I'm one wrap short on one of the coils and it's gunky because NET liquid.
View attachment 594833
Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread