Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
How is the Charm for a restricted lung hit?

Amazing, it can go from closed air to min to max bottom channel(s) air direct to the coils, to min to max air from the upper channel(s), to max air from both upper & lower channel(s)
There's not an atty out there that touches it, as it was in the day of the Chalice I

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Amazing, it can go from closed air to min to max bottom channel(s) air direct to the coils, to min to max air from the upper channel(s), to max air from both upper & lower channel(s)
There's not an atty out there that touches it, as it was in the day of the Chalice I

Good deal. I now have one inbound.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Naaaaaa, a mod's worth it at least, Quality, Art, Performance

Just like my cars,

Love your taste in cars! My lady and I have a Bimmer stable as well. My pride & joy 1991 325i E30 cabrio, my lady's 2001 Z3 cabrio, and our German Shepard's 2007 X3 family mobile! :toast:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The charm us definitely not a mtl device without a ton of either work finding a setting or air flow reducers

I have no idea why they completely disregarded their awesome airflow from both the chalice for the top one and the gem for the bottom. It has just basic big standard holes with very large 3mm holes under the coils and above. Had they used the two airflow control designs the tank would he way more versatile.

.that said it is absolutely the most flavorful lung hitter I've ever used. And it makes a TON of vapor with almost any configuration.

I am,shocked they're not sold out already given there is one 500 piece run and the chances are there will never be more.

Personally for my preferences I'm not happy with the charm. I asked my if they would release inserts and mark said he'd research.

I can't stress how good it is for lung but mtl gamers who love the chalice g3 will.be disappointed when they can't close it down and produce any vapor
I also find I needs dual coils to work the best. With my dual claptons I think my room.becaje a giant cloud in two hits. And that was with mtl clapton wire 28/36 (the best wire for mtl ever made - even those who previously hated clapton the I'll love it as it has none of the traditional negatives)

I did not see a picture on the cc but maybe I missed it it due to terrible hotel wifi.... Here's mine. It was bought specifically for the cc but now it's relegated for. Further testing.

636c83a12685ce09e8ecfde3602e92e4.jpg

Imo someone.is.going to realize how good this would.be for cloud comps or how flavorful it is for lung hit devices (it has no.peer for flavor on direct lung inhale - it's a landslide better than any other I've tried which is a few now even though I'm. Primarily a mtl)

Anyway. Someone.is.going .to figure out how much amazing flavor vapor this puts out and it's going to become a union device. As it,is it squeaked out after mark bugs has lost a lot of favour and popularity and so it's sort of a sleeper not many gave much thought to. And when people realize how good it is at dl. He'll be forced to make more. Well except they have horrible cs and never listen to..their patrons.

So.of you think.you may want to.try one I.wouldnt wait. .
.I have a friend who . bought and used his for a week and is selling it at a slight discount. I can give the thread a heads up if anyone wants.

Man I type way too.much in here. I'm..really sorry. I'll.work.on being.more .succinct . - and try to fix the punctuation and typos my phone is giving me. Keyboard reset time

Last edited:

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
The charm us definitely not a mtl device without a ton of either work finding a setting or air flow reducers

I have no idea why they completely disregarded their awesome airflow from both the chalice for the top one and the gem for the bottom. It has just basic big standard holes with very large 3mm holes under the coils and above. Had they used the two airflow control designs the tank would he way more versatile.

.that said it is absolutely the most flavorful lung hitter I've ever used. And it makes a TON of vapor with almost any configuration.

I am,shocked they're not sold out already given there is one 500 piece run and the chances are there will never be more.

Personally for my preferences I'm not happy with the charm. I asked my if they would release inserts and mark said he'd research.

I can't stress how good it is for lung but mtl gamers who love the chalice g3 will.be disappointed when they can't close it down and produce any vapor
I also find I needs dual coils to work the best. With my dual claptons I think my room.becaje a giant cloud in two hits. And that was with mtl clapton wire 28/36 (the best wire for mtl ever made - even those who previously hated clapton the I'll love it as it has none of the traditional negatives)

I did not see a picture on the cc but maybe I missed it it due to terrible hotel wifi.... Here's mine. It was bought specifically for the cc but now it's relegated for. Further testing.

636c83a12685ce09e8ecfde3602e92e4.jpg

Imo someone.is.going to realize how good this would.be for cloud comps or how flavorful it is for lung hit devices (it has no.peer for flavor on direct lung inhale - it's a landslide better than any other I've tried which is a few now even though I'm. Primarily a mtl)

Anyway. Someone.is.going .to figure out how much amazing flavor vapor this puts out and it's going to become a union device. As it,is it squeaked out after mark bugs has lost a lot of favour and popularity and so it's sort of a sleeper not many gave much thought to. And when people realize how good it is at dl. He'll be forced to make more. Well except they have horrible cs and never listen to..their patrons.

So.of you think.you may want to.try one I.wouldnt wait. .
.I have a friend who . bought and used his for a week and is selling it at a slight discount. I can give the thread a heads up if anyone wants.

Man I type way too.much in here. I'm..really sorry. I'll.work.on being.more .succinct . - and try to fix the punctuation and typos my phone is giving me. Keyboard reset time

One Word - Huh?

Explanation - You can completely shutdown air to an almost vacuum, the top air channels are almost identical in design to the Chalice with two exceptions
1.] you can use a single channel or both channels
2.] the channel and air holes are larger then the CHalice but adjustable from totally closed to totally open

The bottom air channels can also be used singular or dual and can also adjustable from totally closed to totally open

The atty is perfect for MTL

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
One Word - Huh?

Explanation - You can completely shutdown air to an almost vacuum, the top air channels are almost identical in design to the Chalice with two exceptions
1.] you can use a single channel or both channels
2.] the channel and air holes are larger then the CHalice but adjustable from totally closed to totally open

The bottom air channels can also be used singular or dual and can also adjustable from totally closed to totally open

The atty is perfect for MTL

Wow..I couldn't disagree more obviously. When it.is.closed down vapor production is non existent for.me..

I'd love to know what build you use for that and a picture of.to it air flow..there are three of.us working on finding a build and setup that works and not one has..

Are you a majority mtl.vaper? The chalice has gradient air flow. This doesn't. That allows far greater control of the flow.

I'd love to.see whay you think . works and see an image or video .of vapor production. It.may well be we have different desires of . output for mtl.

To close these down to a similar setting fkr th e chalice creates a very lackluster experience as I've tried

One . final thing. Any time an air channel below a coil.exceeds 2mm density is detrimentally effected. The solution is reducer tubes. Closing air flow.on the outside just smothers the vape and leaves hot anemic air

It's ready for a rebuild. Let me know what gauge / wraps. Contact or spaced. Inner diameter. And I'll happily relocate. I'd love for you to.be right. . As I'd like to,have it.fkr the occasional lung hit session but can't justify the cost for that limited usage

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Love your taste in cars! My lady and I have a Bimmer stable as well. My pride & joy 1991 325i E30 cabrio, my lady's 2001 Z3 cabrio, and our German Shepard's 2007 X3 family mobile! :toast:

You just made me sad,

I've had German Shepherds my whole life, my last baby lived to almost 13,
Had an 840 years back and he hated riding in the back seat of it,
He constantly tried to get in the front seat with my wife,
BTW he was 105 pounds, a bit funny
this was him
zNlUc0P.jpg

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Wow..I couldn't disagree more obviously. When it.is.closed down vapor production is non existent for.me..

I'd love to know what build you use for that and a picture of.to it air flow..there are three of.us working on finding a build and setup that works and not one has..

Are you a majority mtl.vaper? The chalice has gradient air flow. This doesn't. That allows far greater control of the flow.

I'd love to.see whay you think . works and see an image or video .of vapor production. It.may well be we have different desires of . output for mtl.

To close these down to a similar setting fkr th e chalice creates a very lackluster experience as I've tried

One . final thing. Any time an air channel below a coil.exceeds 2mm density is detrimentally effected. The solution is reducer tubes. Closing air flow.on the outside just smothers the vape and leaves hot anemic air

It's ready for a rebuild. Let me know what gauge / wraps. Contact or spaced. Inner diameter. And I'll happily relocate. I'd love for you to.be right. . As I'd like to,have it.fkr the occasional lung hit session but can't justify the cost for that limited usage

It's a very complicated atty, Mark is a genius.

It took me days to figure out how to adjust it for me.

I'm way too lazy to do pictures, but I'm using dual 2mm SS 26g coils each with a 5/6 wrap.
The coils are slightly inset from the air holes.
For MTL, I close the top channels and use slightly open dual bottom channels
I get great, tight vape production and oodles of flavor

BTW I run in TC

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You just made me sad,

this was him
zNlUc0P.jpg

Beautiful boy Bob!! Sorry he's no longer with you :(

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
You just made me sad,

this was him
zNlUc0P.jpg

He's adorable. We lost our Shepherd a few years ago. She was amazing. :(. It's sad when they go but I have to keep going through it because the years together er are so wonderful. I couldn't get her in the m3 ever. So I got a hatchback :)

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
It's a very complicated atty, Mark is a genius.

It took me days to figure out how to adjust it for me.

I'm way too lazy to do pictures, but I'm using dual 2mm SS 26g coils each with a 5/6 wrap.
The coils are slightly inset from the air holes.
For MTL, I close the top channels and use slightly open dual bottom channels
I get great, tight vape production and oodles of flavor

BTW I run in TC

Tc changes things a fair bit. On a mech without it you lose a lot of control that offsets some,issues.

I get what you're saying about positive pressure (not vacuum) but it's not enough. The lack.kf the gradient air flow systems has a huge impact.
.unfortunately a good mtl experience can't be achieved by closing down air flow on any old tank. Which is a common misconception many dl capers have. You can see that buy building something like a sub tank. And closing the air flow.

I'm sure any lung.inhaker would be happy with it absolutely. But for those who like flavorful voluminous dense vapor prodiction from.tanks designed for mtl such as the chalice.and gem I couldn't recommend the charm based on the twenty or thirty builds three of us have tried. Including..mesh and ptfe airflow reducers

Obviously the 26g build.isnt.going to work fkr mtl at least not well - my best buikd.was dual ss in tc with very thick wick, ptfe air flow . reducers and the coils as low.as possible. And it still was either anemic.when closed down for the pull as I'd prefer or airy and lacking throat hit producing the vapor I prefer.

Obviously everyone's mileage may vary. Again I agree it's probably the best atomizer ever for direct .lung. But I don't think anyone should expect it to break the trend existing which is that devices are great for.dl. Or mtl. But never great at both. And rarely good St both.

As for the airflow control comment whst I meant is just that he did come.uo.wjtj a genius method.oj the gem and on the charm. The gradient control worked around inner airflow exit requirements to a degree. Given he has those designs for afc in his arsenal I just don't understand why he didn't use them as it would have improved the mtl experience.

For the comments on exit,diameter it's demonstrated by the kayfun 5. If the experience was equal to.or even good from closing down the airflow outside they wouldn't have been pushed into..releasing a mtl kit to . reduce the exit size below the coil..you can test it yourself with mesh or ptfe. Just drop od3mm id2mm into a 3mm hole and open the air controller. You'll see that despite moving similar or.equak.vokuke volume the experience is night and day

That is very much for your thoughts. I'll give it a shot...I am building a bog standard single.coil 5 wrap . spaced 29g 2.5mm I'd setup.now I'll.try dual.after that. To.really close it down it's been my experience I need.tk use 3mm coils which to.me.give up.a lot of properties I prefer

My fired got the James Bond edition number 007

:)

Anyway the testing isn't over. I'm really hoping.i can.make. UT work as I..said. I just also want to offer a pov from.a full.time mtl guy who has chased the best for quite a while. I agree my have great designs. The other aspects of the company like quality control.and cs can be frustrating but maybe seem.to be improving slowly

Obviously you're a big fan and I get that I've owned a lot of their stuff and love the way most looks my frustrations have always been based on how.much I.like their.stiff devices.

So please don't be upset that I have a different view. I just want to.represent my experience for others who may vape.like.me or.care about things I.do.

I retain hope and continue testing. As the charm..was meant to be the top of the cc and.looks great on it.

Reactions: Gigdujour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread