Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Hooray!! My odins arrived today! Got this one for my Reo & a regular one for my other devices. Out of everything I've put on this Reo, they all pale in comparison to this! Best atty I've ever used, the flavor is phenomenal!

Attachments

• 20150418_123922.jpg
    20150418_123922.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 22

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Hooray!! My odins arrived today! Got this one for my Reo & a regular one for my other devices. Out of everything I've put on this Reo, they all pale in comparison to this! Best atty I've ever used, the flavor is phenomenal!

Great, got mine too, haven't rigged it out yet.

Did ya go dual or single? How's the flavor, th and clouds?

Thx.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ive LP'd 5 grands so far... all using a 12" disc sander and all have been done to accommodate an odin.

If youre an SAE guy like me and you have a dial caliper just sand the catch cup down until the top of the catch cup measures .042 to the bottom next to the 510. At that point, you can mount your atty of choice and you can kiss it just a bit more with the sander to align the air holes as you prefer.

This entire process takes about 10-15 minutes. I stop frequently to dip the mod in cool water to cool it down and spray the gunk out of it with an air compressor.

When it is all done, give it a nice bath in warm soapy water before reassembly. I usually take the opportunity to install a new firing pin and new tube during reassembly.

Of course, Rob does a stellar job and mills them down with a mill. But if you have the tools...go for it ;)
thanks
Geo
I'm thinking I probably need to just send it back to Rob some time in the future to get milled down because I shudder to think how bad I might butcher our babies! lol:oops:

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I'm doing single coils with kanthal on this & nickel on my other one for my new sx mini m with temperature control. I usually use 28ga kanthal, but when I tightened down the center post screw it cut it. I then used 26ga & it's fine. I'll try to file down the screw later. That hole in the center post looks awful tiny for dual coils though, wish it was a little bigger. Flavor & vapor are both outstanding on this thing though!

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
My Odin showed up today... my Router will me Monday, curse my impatience making me do two separate orders. I've tried 2 builds so far a dual 24 gauge kanthal at .3 Ohm and a dual 26 gauge kanthal at .5 Ohm. Both tasted off. I dunno what I'm doing wrong here, but I'm a little under whelmed. I know it's gonna have a learning curve, but man I want this to work so bad.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
My Odin showed up today... my Router will me Monday, curse my impatience making me do two separate orders. I've tried 2 builds so far a dual 24 gauge kanthal at .3 Ohm and a dual 26 gauge kanthal at .5 Ohm. Both tasted off. I dunno what I'm doing wrong here, but I'm a little under whelmed. I know it's gonna have a learning curve, but man I want this to work so bad.

Here's what works for me:

Dual 27 ga 8 wind 2mm coils netting 0.47 ohms. Oxidized to blue very slowly. Pulse / cool repeat. Never heat to completely orange until you get good, even oxidation on your coils. It takes several minutes. If after a minute or two you observe hot legs, delicately run a small rod thru the coils so as not to disturb the winds. Cue the rod back and forth gently.

Your coils should look nice and blue like the pic below of a build I just competed before you wick them.

f96eecda48aebdcd73ec62876410fe32.jpg

Less wick is more when using cotton. Don't choke your coils. [emoji3]

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Dual 27 ga 8 wind 2mm coils netting 0.47 ohms. Oxidized to blue very slowly. Pulse / cool repeat. Never heat to completely orange until you get good, even oxidation on your coils. It takes several minutes. If after a minute or two you observe hot legs, delicately run a small rod thru the coils so as not to disturb the winds. Cue the rod back and forth gently.

Your coils should look nice and blue like the pic below of a build I just competed before you wick them.

Dude that's just pure art right there!!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

Pretty much the same build I use sometimes. 27 gauge is a nice wire size in the Odin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread