Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Milwaukee
Hey folks
Posted in the rda section but didn't get much, so I figured I'd come here. My first reo will be here tomorrow:) an lp grand. It's coming with a rouge. I've always been an rta guy. Single coil. I don't sub-o. I build around 1.2. And I like a tighter draw. A wide open kayfun is perfect. Any suggestions on an atty I should be looking at?

Reactions: jifjifjif

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
RM2 or RM3.
JC_doubleup.gif

RM2 is easier and safer to build on. The deck is slightly wider and you have more room to position coils. The ceramic deck decreases chances of getting shorts. Screw on cap.

RM3 is very small, and you have limited space to build coils. You'll have to be more careful with coil position. Don't recommend going over 3/32 (2.381 mm) drill bit on it since the deck is so small. One might be able to use a 2.5mm. That might be pushing it though. Chances of shorts are higher with the RM3 than the RM2. However, I believe it hits slightly harder (by a hair) than the RM2. Cap slides over O'rings.

Reactions: SteamStack

AU717

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Spring, TX
I really enjoy the Rogue. Since you have one on it's way you might try a dual setup, between 0.5 and 1. It just may be to your liking. I am a DL hitter but just now tried MTL and it works well. Mine is 0.45 26 ga 8 wrap IIRC. Airflow wide open.
Congrats on the new LP Grand! You're going to be converted and will want more! And then on to the Woodvilles!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Another for the RM2 as a first and (for many folks) last atty choice for your Reo, you may never want more. There is no such thing as a tighter draw with my Rogue (that didn't come from Reosmods). It's wide open all the time no matter where the so called AFC's are set. Sanding the AFC's will fix it supposedly. I haven't bothered. I DLH and it doesn't work for me, some that DLH say they do.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Buy the LP RM2 and it will be exactly what you seek. Brass or chrome options available and button covers to match.....all from reo.

The stock airhole would probably be perfect for you too. I like tight draw also and I even enlarged it slighly.

RM2 for sure in my opinion.

Congrats on the incoming Grand. Post pictures too!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
It really does sound like the RM2 (low profile to fit your Grand) would fit your needs (1.2, single, tighter draw). It's a smaller atty, so I find the flavor is better than larger ones. It continues (along with the RM3 single) to be my "all-day, every-day" atty.

I got my first Reo a couple years ago and even though it gave the best flavor and ease of use, I only used it at home. When out and about I used the KFL's which are great devices for sure. Sometime in the spring, I switched completely over to Reos and have been content ever since. Great and simple device to work on! Flavor that rocks the boat! Top drawer customer service and quite honestly, THE most fun and supportive forum I have ever encountered!

Pull up a chair and stay awhile

Reactions: Kh888

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Thanks for all the responses! I'll for sure pick up an rm2. They're pretty cheap. Ill of course give the rouge a shot. That chalice looks pretty sweet. What's the thoughts on it?

I'm sure you'll get some Challice responses here and there's also a Challice thread in this forum that might help too.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'd say, get the RM2 (and the Rogue, since you've ordered it already?) and while you're in vaping bliss with it, you can scope out other options to expand the arsenal.

Based on your vaping preferences.....

From Rob, the RM3 and chalice are good.

From elsewhere, the Nuppin' is great and other notables would include the NoFearAgain, Nectar Micro (modded for bottom feeding), Viper, Hornet, Graal, and Speed.

Reactions: Danrogers

Dizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Milwaukee
Got it today!
Building it made me feel all nooby lol.
All I have is 28g. Dual was a big fail. Tried a single coil but it's just too airy. Vapor production was poo.
I don't think I'd care for this atty even if I got some 32g duals running...
On a plus, the reo itself is really cool:) came with a dark green door too.
wveuf4.jpg

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Mark this day down. It's the day vaping as you once knew it was over.

Given your prefs for vape style, I'm not surprised the rogue is a tad airy. A lot of 22mm atties will feel that way. Not sure if this is a clone or not, but many folks find that sanding down the afc cap will tighten it up - it'll never feel like a RM2 (or kayfun), tho.

Welcome to the 'Ville (officially) :toast:

Reactions: Jugband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread