Big baby Rba

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Gotta say, Qc, you did Waaaayyyy better than me on your first time coiling than I. I had ejuice pouring out my tank, and brainfluid pouring out of my ears! Congratulations though, that first coil is the big one! Cotton and I seem to have an aversive relationship, finding the right amount is hard.

Now DIY.... :) (I kid, I totally respect your preferences! But I'm glad I'm happy with ONE diy skillset!)

Congrats, though, all seriousness. :)

Anna

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
To be quite frank i've tried the blowing trick even before seing this (i had a bit of e juice in the airflow so blew the excess) Still popping but satisfying vape still. My biggest problem atm is really the fact to me the vapor is too cool but i'm not sure about upping the wattage. Besides the temperature issue it seems good though.

I was totally in your shoes until I really watched some wicking videos. I used to think less is more, but now I wick tighter in the coil and fluff a lot more on the tails and thinning it out. A lot of the YouTubers do it and it seems to work very well for me. Good luck finding your sweetspot

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
@Gahh Thx i'm quite certain it's okay just need to find the right amount of watts to put into the coil for my taste :p
@stols001 Ahah it's nothing spectacular tbh :p didn't coil it myself since smok gives the rba with prebuilt coils in it, i did wick it (or attempt to) seems to be doing fine besides the occasional pops.

Speaking of pops i found my issue regarding this : flooding not a whole lot but pretty sure the wick was too saturated (which confirm the ones saying i didn't have enough wicking i think) if it's too poppy for me i fire it up a bit until it calms down i'm slowly going up the watts for a hotter vape (now at 50 as of writting this) smok says that prebuilt one is good for ups to 60 watts but 50 seems to be close to enough for my liking so doubt i'll go much over it.

Still annoying the tank dosen't sit properly onto the mod but oh well can't help it the rba pushes the 510 tip too far and it dosen't spring back,then again that's a minor grippe to me and dosen't affect performance in the slightest.

Thanks again to all for the help and comments :p it's appreciated ahah:thumbs:

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
@Gahh Thx i'm quite certain it's okay just need to find the right amount of watts to put into the coil for my taste :p
@stols001 Ahah it's nothing spectacular tbh :p didn't coil it myself since smok gives the rba with prebuilt coils in it, i did wick it (or attempt to) seems to be doing fine besides the occasional pops.

Speaking of pops i found my issue regarding this : flooding not a whole lot but pretty sure the wick was too saturated (which confirm the ones saying i didn't have enough wicking i think) if it's too poppy for me i fire it up a bit until it calms down i'm slowly going up the watts for a hotter vape (now at 50 as of writting this) smok says that prebuilt one is good for ups to 60 watts but 50 seems to be close to enough for my liking so doubt i'll go much over it.

Still annoying the tank dosen't sit properly onto the mod but oh well can't help it the rba pushes the 510 tip too far and it dosen't spring back,then again that's a minor grippe to me and dosen't affect performance in the slightest.

Thanks again to all for the help and comments :p it's appreciated ahah:thumbs:

For the RBA deck, I don't screw it down too much. I screw the 510 until it is flush, then I screw in the RBA deck. Then I put the chimney on. Or what I hear some people do is screw the chimney into the RBA deck, then screw the deck into the the tank bottom.

Since you like building, if you are looking for a new tank, I HIGHLY suggest the Wotofo Serpent SMM. That thing is OMG good (my opinion.) Easy to build and wick, great flavor, and it does not leak.

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
For the RBA deck, I don't screw it down too much. I screw the 510 until it is flush, then I screw in the RBA deck. Then I put the chimney on. Or what I hear some people do is screw the chimney into the RBA deck, then screw the deck into the the tank bottom.

Since you like building, if you are looking for a new tank, I HIGHLY suggest the Wotofo Serpent SMM. That thing is OMG good (my opinion.) Easy to build and wick, great flavor, and it does not leak.
I'm not really a builder (yet) i just so happened to buy a big baby beast which came with the rba deck in it. This is mostly temporary since i can't get my hands on stock coils for it,i will most likely buy an rta if i really feel like trying. For now all i had to do is whick it so now the hardest part i think (though i might have to redo mine). Will definetely check out the tank though if i do get interested enough :p

Reactions: stols001

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I'm not really a builder (yet) i just so happened to buy a big baby beast which came with the rba deck in it. This is mostly temporary since i can't get my hands on stock coils for it,i will most likely buy an rta if i really feel like trying. For now all i had to do is whick it so now the hardest part i think (though i might have to redo mine). Will definetely check out the tank though if i do get interested enough :p

The Serpent is an RTA. You will love it..

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Update: after trying to vape my rba i've come to the conclusion you guys we're right and i rewicked the coils and haven't had a leak since + the flavor seems better too. Still pops occasionally but stops pretty quickly or i don't inhale long enough to prolong it.

We are now the next morning after this update,i vaped my rba pretty much all evening after redoing the whick,besides the popping and crackling a bit when i fire it, no leaking or 0hms issues taste seems phenomenal (like really better since i added more cotton in the coils). I even left it airholes open all night on my desk without touching it, and besides the big first pop, just a bit crackling rice crispies styles :p
Quite a drinker but very nice taste and experience tbh.

Thank you all again for the comments and help :) I greatly appreciate it !

Nb:Finally notice that my popping issue does come back about every time i fire the mod BUT, only when i prime it when i start to inhale it stops and goes in smooth as butta !

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Final update : still having some popping flooding and the occasional res too low warning, all of those aren't very frequent (exept for the popping), overall I'll say i still like the rba section of the baby beast better thsn their coils, unfortunately I won't be using it come next month since i find this thing too tiny and i've been having too many issues to think it's worth it in the long run. I will probably get a better rta later on (like the serpent) but for now i'll be buying coils for my scylla and vape this instead. Not better by any means but suits my needs for now.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Ressuctecting this for 1 question : Any advice on how to whick ? I mean the holes on that rba are very small and idk how you can tell if you have enough cotton or not....... Whicked it twice total btw still has enough flavor (probably gonna have to switch it up soon,but i vaped it like crazy :lol:)

Also if i should clean the coils before re whicking it, any advice on that would be nice too :p
coil is rated at .3 by smok reads .37 on average (might go lower or higher sometimes)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread