Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I have two questions/suggestions.
1.- If we extracted the nicotine from Eggplants (not cost effective but for the sake of argument) would it still be a tobacco product?

2.- Why don't we get a list of every high government official and FDA guy who smokes and help them do the switch?
1: Yes,if you used it to vape.
2: It would be interesting to try.
Regards
Mike

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
I don't understand how any product that doesn't contain tobacco can be classified as a tobacco product. Why isn't the FDA focusing more on establishing what an unhealthy dose of nicotine is rather than trying to lump non-tobacco products into the same category as tobacco products? This whole thing doesn't make any sense to me.

:thumbs:
Absolutely agree. For over 2 yrs now, every time I take the 18650 ext. cap off my ProVari to change batteries, I turn it up-side-down to see if any tobacco falls out - NOTHING so far. :lol:
Do we call anything a "dirt product"?

November 3, 2015

Dear MICHAEL,

Thank you for contacting me about the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act (H.R. 2058). I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (Public Law 75-717) and the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (P.L. 111-31), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has the authority to regulate many tobacco products. On April 25, 2014, the FDA published a proposed rule to extend this regulatory authority over electronic cigarettes,
which have no tobacco in them. E-cigarettes that have been on the market prior to February 15, 2007 would be exempt. H.R. 2058, which was introduced by Representative Tom Cole (R-OK) on April 28, 2015, would grandfather all current vapor and electronic cigarettes.

I understand your concern regarding the FDA's ability to regulate e-cigarettes. Please be assured I will keep your comments in mind as work continues on this issue.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

cid:cb973b3de51c4117684e3621edb57be9

Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
:thumbs:
Absolutely agree. For over 2 yrs now, every time I take the 18650 ext. cap off my ProVari to change batteries, I turn it up-side-down to see if any tobacco falls out - NOTHING so far. :lol:
Do we call anything a "dirt product"?

November 3, 2015

Dear MICHAEL,

Thank you for contacting me about the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act (H.R. 2058). I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (Public Law 75-717) and the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (P.L. 111-31), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has the authority to regulate many tobacco products. On April 25, 2014, the FDA published a proposed rule to extend this regulatory authority over electronic cigarettes,
which have no tobacco in them. E-cigarettes that have been on the market prior to February 15, 2007 would be exempt. H.R. 2058, which was introduced by Representative Tom Cole (R-OK) on April 28, 2015, would grandfather all current vapor and electronic cigarettes.

I understand your concern regarding the FDA's ability to regulate e-cigarettes. Please be assured I will keep your comments in mind as work continues on this issue.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

cid:cb973b3de51c4117684e3621edb57be9

Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

How many times have we seen that form letter with a different name at the bottom? Betting they don't even make it past a response clerk.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Toomey has been against the deeming since it came out but in relation to premium cigars with no mention of ecigs other than the above letter - I like that he or the staffer includes the Cole bill HR 2058 - shows some recognition.

Toomey's earlier comments, again, wrt cigars only:

U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey joined cigar companies from across the state in Bethlehem on Tuesday in a bid to snuff out a federal Food and Drug Administration effort to regulate large and premium cigars.

Toomey, standing in front of an American flag in Cigars International's Bethlehem warehouse, said the FDA's push is a solution in search of a problem.

"Unfortunately, this kind of solution would mean fewer jobs and an economic downturn for this entire industry," said Toomey, R-Pa. "And we don't need that."

Toomey pushes to exclude large and premium cigars from FDA regulation

Reactions: LaraC

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread