Big ol' newb needs a recommendation for a 510 dripping atomizer (for tasting) from fasttech!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Hello, everyone! I'm going to try my hand at making some e-liquids, and need something for testing to use with our eGo batteries. I've looked at RDAs on fasttech.com, but have no idea what to get, and would love a specific recommendation! (It doesn't have to be an RDA, really, but I can't find any bridgeless dripping atomizers on fasttech). I'd also like to know how to choose wire for rebuilding -- a job that will fall to my husband, but I'd like to order what's needed. Also, we have some 3 mm silica wick, and if that's not appropriate, I'd like to know what other type or gauge I should order.

We're not in the US or UK, and I'm specifying fasttech because they don't have a delivery charge (and the prices for similar items locally are much, much higher). Also, I should mention that my husband is very skilled at making, fixing, building, repairing anything, but he's not yet into this vaping hobby as much as I am; if I just put the item(s) in his hands to make/fix, he'll be able to do the necessary, no problem.

Thank you, and apologies for any mistakes here, I'm still very much in learning mode!

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Have you guys done your research on RDA's? You understand everything? If not, Read up, allot of it is going to count when doing RDA. I wouldn't be using a eGo baterry for RDAs either, Not the setup that you want for that type of vape. Before you even get into RDAs, you need to have a device that is capable of doing what your trying to achieve. If your going to build 1.2-2.0 ohm coils, Get a VV/VW device like my SVD from Innokin etc. If your going sub-ohm, Which i Highly do not recommend seeing as though you are only using eGo style batteries, You will need a mechanical mod that isn't a regulated device so you can achieve sub ohm vape.

Honestly before you start getting busy with RDA, you really need to get into variable Volt/Watts. It's just a device that is something you need, Nonetheless a mechanical mod that is Suited for that type of vaping called " dripping "

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Thanks, yes, I'm not up to speed with everything, for sure! I would love to be able to use something just to taste a few drops of liquid at a time though, both for new e-liquids that I buy and want to try briefly, and also for playing around a little bit to make my own, if that's even reasonable at all with an eGo type battery. I'm not actually thinking of vaping, per se, so much as just tasting.

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
I see what your getting at here Lol, You'll find once you get into the mechanical/ VV/VW style of vape you'll never turn back... Never ( evil laugh) It turns into a great hobby to have, And by the sounds of how your husband is, I think you guys will fit in just fine! I bet he will get into coil building eventually with mechs and love it more and more!

Hope you have good Travels!

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA

Tazzle,
This is a great suggestion. Many juice reviewers (like PBusardo) use this device because the taste is excellent, relatively cheap (22.00), is easy to switch between juices without flavor stacking the old juice, and lasts a long time if properly cared for. If you're making juice you really need something that you don't have to change wicks to avoid flavor stacking issues every time you change juices to taste. And this will work fine on a EGO or just about any mod. I like the HH.357 Long Barrel, but they have the shorty too. Go to the site listed in the link tfnc provided above and watch the excellent video they have for using this atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread