Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
So they're announcing tomorrow something about showing the movie here????? Wahoooooooooooo!!!! I hope it's going to big and accessible to tons of people!!
I don't know that that is the announcement. I just saw on Twitter that they were working on NYC & waiting for funds from their investors to do that. It could have been a comment as a hint of this weekend, or to prod the investors. Dunno.
They also mentioned finding Melbourne after party places, so since the meme says their coming home, & they are from Australia....

Last edited:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I signed up for the invite yesterday. Not sure how it all works. If it's within a 6 hour drive I'm going if I can get in. My 2 guesses would be LA or NYC. Who knows though. Could be anywhere I suppose.

Since it says north American and not US then it could be Canada...

tony46113

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum Rules

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I've tweeted all the movie chains I can think of (ones I'm familiar with around these parts anyway):

@MovieTavern
    @studiomoviegril (apparently they ran out of room for the last "l" lol)
    @TexasTheatre (yes that Texas Theatre!)
    @LandmarkLTC
    @AngelikaTexas
    @LOOKCinemasLLC
    @Cinemark
    @RegalMovies
    @AMCTheatres
    @AlamoDFW

Then I tweeted @LastWeekTonight with this:

I got a response back from @LandmarkLTC already!

I asked them to please look into it. People need to see this!

Come on folks, we need more to tweet these same companies and others out there to show the interest! :)

I'll Tweet them too! :thumb:

I Tweeted to them and for some I SubTweeted in their timeline, for the 10 most recent Tweets for them and more.

Example:

"@AMCTheatres We are trying to replace smoking tobacco with a safer alternative. Will you help? @ABillionLives"

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    In my email today:

We're coming home!

It's been a long journey back home for our film.

It started in New Zealand, went to Europe, and now I'm headed to Australia next week. Along the way, we've collected various awards and made countless appearances in the press.

New Zealand's government publicly stated on TV they would reconsider their ban.

New Zealand also just announced they are defunding the same sort of lobbyists we feature in the movie.

The truth will not be denied.

I am an American. Nearly half a million of my neighbors die early each year from smoking. Instead of helping them use new technology, our government just announced corrupt new regulations that will severely hurt the people who helped nearly 9 million people reduce or quit smoking this decade. Canada is not much better.

It's time for truth.

_X-DDQzA3qt9jDehJfQ3ZCdbkIQt3w2k83_Ge-0LVIdY_zzCagUnRIMWAHTcy3nzhX2HNx8KPCNtbUyAx-07BVcLMZxVx1zJDR9DB4vJhoL1kfTSQtFzfkwPLVgqQ41RqAMh=s0-d-e1-ft

On August 6th, 2016 at 7pm, we'll be hosting our North American premiere at the historic Pabst Theater in our hometown, Milwaukee. Near the center of North America, we're inviting our friends from the continent to join us for a celebration of the completion of our movie and to rally as we take this to the public.

It's time to make some noise, wake up the public, catch Hollywood's attention, and make the crooked politicians nervous.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, July 6th (noon) at the Pabst Theater box office or PabstTheater.org. With 13,000+ people signed up for this invitation, we do expect a sellout.

If you are a member of the media, a political leader, or have helped us in the past, please reach out. I have reserved some tickets for you.

The red carpet event will start at 7pm. There is a bar in the lobby and we're planning an epic after-party celebration presented by Molecule Labs. We couldn't have pulled this celebration off without their help (or that of the Cheshire Club who made the introduction).

Please show them support.

wkBD4NMO5oXZCzKjuHTsMxclEvNSAEirmF56DeAvJwC7e6DMQh82qEZ8byXaIGmTmpiCv8qBAVpRJPMX0WXPl0164F-bBX09xOzSaHkGAUp06PkPte6v20E1p6WoCstJk_AV=s0-d-e1-ft

I look forward to celebrating with you.

Here's the details:
    • August 6th at The Pabst Theater in Milwaukee
    • Red carpet begins at 7pm
    • After-party to follow, presented by Molecule Labs
    • Formal event
    • Tickets go on sale at noon on July 6th
    • More details to come!
    See you there!

- Aaron Biebert & the team

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    I contacted the list of theaters above. Then added 10 more in Chicago area, and at least 20 movie reviewers in the Chicago area via Twitter and email.
    that's fantastic!! I hate that from tomorrow til the 10th I'll be house sitting and have no internet. Will do what I can tonite.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    who has seen it? is it for sale on vimeo? i can't comment on it or endorse it until i see it.
    One person on this thread that I know of has seen it and says it's fantastic! It was shown to a group of 100 people in the US including some senators. Apparently some were moved to tears by it. I haven't seen it, but I'll promote it......all I need to know is that when it was shown in New Zealand, it caused the NZ gov't to state in writing that they would reconsider their ban, and they defunded some of the same types of lobbyist groups that the film talks about! It could be one of our best chances to overturn the deeming!

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    who has seen it? is it for sale on vimeo? i can't comment on it or endorse it until i see it.

I understand what you are saying and I hope in my heart of hearts that it is a great documentary.

I hope that it is not like anything that Michael Moore would make. I hope that it is factual, and there are enough facts out there. I think they would have run out of money if the movie was terrible.

There is no loss in recommending a movie to a movie reviewer. It's their job, and they want to review movies, good or bad. The more that everyone talks about the movie, the more aware people are about vaping. WIN - WIN.

As for anyone else, I want them to understand we are about to completely lose vaping. Whoever you tell is going to know more about vaping and stand beside you and support you and your interests. WIN - WIN.

I'll take everyone to see it that I can if it opens near me. I may even go up to Milwaukee and see it myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread