Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
vape" data-source="post: 18321879" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Von vape said:
Just a reminder...

US Premier of A Billion Lives tomorrow 8/6/16 at the Pabst Theatre, Milwaukee, Wisconsin!!!
now here's hopin it'll be in many more places!!!

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
A Billion Lives just posted on their FB page that (FB) refused their paid boost to promote the movie because .....it is a tobacco product.

ABL_zpsfdrnh0cn.jpg

Reactions: Kenna

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I am stunned this is happening to us. I thought Senator Ron Johnson was supposed to attend the premiere of A Billion Lives?? I didn't see any pics of him on the red carpet though.
He did attend. Aaron thanked him in a post on FB.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The billion lives premiere was completely ignore by the press as far as I can tell.
Just to make you feel better, here's an article from August 5th...
Milwaukee Filmmaker Fights for 'A Billion Lives'
"I used to look at these people using these devices, these weird things in their hands and blowing out what looked like smoke and I thought these guys were losers," Biebert states. "And really now I see them and I just want to give them a hug because I know that person was brave enough to face the ridicule and save their life."

At least it's something.
:)

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
It's not surprising that there was no media coverage. It's just one showing for 1,400 people. And it's a topic that we are rabidly aware of but "we" are a vast minority of even the smoking population let alone the gen pop.

Now if the film wins Sundance or something like that...it would be huge. Unless I misunderstood the closing comments from the premier, it sounds like Biebert has a plan in the works for large exposure. That would probably create some media buzz. We need an army to help. A couple million viewers of the film would be a good start.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I am stunned this is happening to us. I thought Senator Ron Johnson was supposed to attend the premiere of A Billion Lives?? I didn't see any pics of him on the red carpet though.
He probably avoided pics since he's over the Committee investigating the FDA. He wanted to see the movie, absorb the info, but remain professional. This was about gathering info & meeting people closely involved with vaping. It wouldn't be good for it to appear to be social, or campaigning. It was about finding out the truth & harnessing the FDA.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
That makes sense. Thanks Kenna :)
Have to remember that this is about money & politics. He seems to be making an honest, actual effort to figure it out & get facts. Hopefully, with us behind him he'll be able to expose the astounding amount of corruption going back decades. We need to be behind him. Not the other way around.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
in your wildest dreams did you ever think it would be like this? it just seems so unreal to me, I never imagined it could be this bad, not even for a moment
newp.....sure didn't, but in retrospect, I'm not a bit surprised! It's disgusting. They went after smokers like we were demons......now they go after us for not smoking, cuz they aint gittin the cig and NRT money!

It's not surprising that there was no media coverage. It's just one showing for 1,400 people. And it's a topic that we are rabidly aware of but "we" are a vast minority of even the smoking population let alone the gen pop.

Now if the film wins Sundance or something like that...it would be huge. Unless I misunderstood the closing comments from the premier, it sounds like Biebert has a plan in the works for large exposure. That would probably create some media buzz. We need an army to help. A couple million viewers of the film would be a good start.
I kinda agree with this......but the first part I dunno. Mainstream media has used the most insignificant idiotic "pseudo science" as "proof" that vaping that vaping is horrible. The days of a truly FREE press have been dwindling for a long time. Even the media has to be PC now.

He probably avoided pics since he's over the Committee investigating the FDA. He wanted to see the movie, absorb the info, but remain professional. This was about gathering info & meeting people closely involved with vaping. It wouldn't be good for it to appear to be social, or campaigning. It was about finding out the truth & harnessing the FDA.
We don't know of course unless he's said.......but I would have expected that Johnson would have first seen it when it was shown in DC. I do appreciate his efforts, but unless I'm misunderstanding, he has the ability to do a lot more to the FDA on this than simply continue to write letters that are completely ignored. Even the one response he got completely ignored his letters.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
newp.....sure didn't, but in retrospect, I'm not a bit surprised! It's disgusting. They went after smokers like we were demons......now they go after us for not smoking, cuz they aint gittin the cig and NRT money!

I kinda agree with this......but the first part I dunno. Mainstream media has used the most insignificant idiotic "pseudo science" as "proof" that vaping that vaping is horrible. The days of a truly FREE press have been dwindling for a long time. Even the media has to be PC now.

We don't know of course unless he's said.......but I would have expected that Johnson would have first seen it when it was shown in DC. I do appreciate his efforts, but unless I'm misunderstanding, he has the ability to do a lot more to the FDA on this than simply continue to write letters that are completely ignored. Even the one response he got completely ignored his letters.
He's taking the steps. Crossing t's & dotting I's. It has to go thru the right process to be effective & hold up in the House & Senate & courts. Beeee patiennnnnt!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
He's taking the steps. Crossing t's & dotting I's. It has to go thru the right process to be effective & hold up in the House & Senate & courts. Beeee patiennnnnt!
I hope so. We've just all seen way too many politicians that make a lil noise, dictate a few letters, and do nothing else, then say......well I did everything I can, just couldn't get anyone to support me in it. Which is likely true in his case. He probably is the odd man out on this issue, which is why I do appreciate what he is doing, regardless of how it may sound.

In my research, I found that (someone, dunno if it's A congressman, or a majority) can write a statute forcing the FDA to either remove vaping from under the tobacco act, and regulate it differently, OR force them to give up regulatory control to another agency. If that's true and it doesn't take a congressional majority to do it, that's what needs to be done at this point. Patient??? I was patient!!! For a whole 2 days!!!! :p

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I hope so. We've just all seen way too many politicians that make a lil noise, dictate a few letters, and do nothing else, then say......well I did everything I can, just couldn't get anyone to support me in it. Which is likely true in his case. He probably is the odd man out on this issue, which is why I do appreciate what he is doing, regardless of how it may sound.

In my research, I found that (someone, dunno if it's A congressman, or a majority) can write a statute forcing the FDA to either remove vaping from under the tobacco act, and regulate it differently, OR force them to give up regulatory control to another agency. If that's true and it doesn't take a congressional majority to do it, that's what needs to be done at this point. Patient??? I was patient!!! For a whole 2 days!!!! :p
That's what the 2 amendments on the table now are about. Sen Johnson needs support & encouragement from the vaping community to keep the issue in front of everything that ebbs & flows on his desk. We wrre all enthuiastic when we first got word of what he is doing. Has anyone made any followup calls or emails to him? Thank him for comming to the Premier? Reminding him that we care about what he's doing? Apathy will kill vaping.
And #ABillionLives in this century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread