Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Sounds like a good project for tomorrow.
:thumb:
We need to be encouraging & supportiven h let him know that we expect him to follow thru, & we expect the FDA to cooperate h respond appropriately. Remember, the FDA are not elected positions. They are appointed, so they don't answer to us. But those in authority over them DO answer to us. We need to makw sure he knows that we are backing his authority to adk questions & demand honest answers.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
That's what the 2 amendments on the table now are about.
is there one I'm not aware of, or are you including HR 2058? The House Appropriations Committee did pass the Cole Bishop Amendment in April, so it can be voted on by house and senate. But HR 2058 hasn't moved since it was introduced over a year ago. I do agree that apathy will kill us. But Sen Johnson appears to be fighting an uphill battle for re-election. This is why I'm anxious for him to do more than write letters to the FDA in case he isn't re-elected. He does have some folks on his side, who will continue even if he doesn't, and I do realize the man has more to do than fight for us. And yes, we all need to continue to do all we can to support him and Tom Cole and others who are fighting for us.

demand honest answers.
This is my point. He's been asking and has been ignored. I just think it's time he does more than ask. He needs to demand, and set consequences for not complying.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
is there one I'm not aware of, or are you including HR 2058? The House Appropriations Committee did pass the Cole Bishop Amendment in April, so it can be voted on by house and senate. But HR 2058 hasn't moved since it was introduced over a year ago. I do agree that apathy will kill us. But Sen Johnson appears to be fighting an uphill battle for re-election. This is why I'm anxious for him to do more than write letters to the FDA in case he isn't re-elected. He does have some folks on his side, who will continue even if he doesn't, and I do realize the man has more to do than fight for us. And yes, we all need to continue to do all we can to support him and Tom Cole and others who are fighting for us.

This is my point. He's been asking and has been ignored. I just think it's time he does more than ask. He needs to demand, and set consequences for not complying.
I thought more action was coming this month. I agree he needs to push. I hope the movie helps that.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Looks like a big announcement is coming out about ABL in the next day or 2. My guess is possibly netflix (long shot) or getting picked up by some niche theaters. Maybe sponsorship?
Can't wait to hear what it is! Hope it's a major release!!

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Just received this notification:

"If we can do a couple big events in NYC and Hollywood to build more awareness, we should be able to bring it to any city/town/village in the US where there's enough interest, along with any other country where we've done a big premiere (New Zealand & Australia so far).

In order to pull this off, we need to see what cities can sell at least 100 tickets.

If you can organize a large group to bring A Billion Lives to your city, please fill out this form.

If you want to go, but can't organize a group, we have more big announcements coming very soon. With your help, this will be all over the world.

Here we go!
"

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

"If we can do a couple big events in NYC and Hollywood to build more awareness, we should be able to bring it to any city/town/village in the US where there's enough interest, along with any other country where we've done a big premiere (New Zealand & Australia so far).

In order to pull this off, we need to see what cities can sell at least 100 tickets.

If you can organize a large group to bring A Billion Lives to your city, please fill out this form.

If you want to go, but can't organize a group, we have more big announcements coming very soon. With your help, this will be all over the world.

Here we go!
"
I was coming here to post this, but thanks for doing it! It looked like they also had a special screening in OKC. If I'd have known about it, and had a car, I would have been there.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Has anyone made any followup calls or emails to him? Thank him for comming to the Premier? Reminding him that we care about what he's doing? Apathy will kill vaping.
And #ABillionLives in this century.
*Aug. 9 2016*

vape" data-source="post: 18340915" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Von vape said:
I was too. At least it's "something", even if it is a form letter. I am going to reply with a "Thank You". ;)
*Aug. 8 2016* (from "Aaron Bieberts Answers Questions...." thread.)

Senator Johnson,

Thank you for your response. Thank you also for attending the North American premier of the documentary, "A Billion Lives". I, as well as millions of fellow vapers across the United States sincerely hope that the film heightened your awareness of the urgency to overturn the FDA's deeming regulations or, at the very least, to re-craft more reasonable and realistic regulations as they relate to vapor products. E-[URL='https://vaping.com/eliquid?utm_source=ECF&utm_medium=Wordlink&utm_term=Eliquid&utm_campaign=Wordlink%20-%20Eliquid']liquid is not tobacco and neither is any component of the delivery devices.[/URL]

[URL='https://vaping.com/eliquid?utm_source=ECF&utm_medium=Wordlink&utm_term=Eliquid&utm_campaign=Wordlink%20-%20Eliquid']*Sent Aug. 8 2016, posted Aug. 9 2016* (from "Aaron Bieberts Answers Questions...." thread.)
How's that for foresight. ;) :)

Vapers Unite!
:cool: Von Vape :cool:
[/URL]

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
(snips)

Here we go!
"

Received the same last week, took me awhile to find this thread... Found this last night, A Billion Lives in Your City A way to show interest in a city without being a formal organizer.

Knowing my small town would never make the cut I picked Atlanta then noted at the end would prefer a north metro location outside the perimeter.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Good Regulator Watch video. Mentions A Billion Live Canadian Premiere.

VAPE APOCALYPSE – PHIL BUSARDO TALKS U.S. FDA MALICE, MISERY & MAYHEM POST 8/8 - REGWATCH
Trigger Warning: strong language used to discuss the FDA ;)

**Billion Lives Premier Update**

It’s not often one gets to witness the federal government moving with such speed and determination. Normally, when it comes to matters of regulation the wheels of government turn painfully slow. Not this time, in this industry and with such purpose. The U.S. FDA has leveled a devastating blow on the U.S. vapor products industry and with the August 8, 2016 deadline for submitting the dreaded Premarket Tobacc o Application now come and gone, what’s been the impact on businesses and how have vapers been affected?

Hear what one of the most well-known and well-thought-of vapers in North American has to say. Phil Busardo joins RegWatch for a deep dive into the misery, mayhem and malice the U.S. FDA has unleashed on the world of vaping—only on RegWatch by RegulatorWatch.com.

Produced by: Brent Stafford
Released on August 27, 2016

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Momentum is building!

After our wildly successful North American premiere, we've got seven big updates to share with you:

1) Please watch and share the new video highlights from the North American premiere on Facebook. Twitter too.

2) We released 100+ pictures also. Check them out here.

3) Première française!

88e96c05-3150-40ff-8a09-2e88802b7fcb.jpg

We are very excited to announce that we'll have our French Premiere at one of the most famous theaters in all of Europe, Le Grand Rex!

This will be a private event for media and VIPs, but please email James@AttentionEra.com if you'd like tickets. We do have some available.

4) African Premiere at Jozi Film Festival!

b442eea6-fa3b-45a9-8605-93a615e311e2.jpg

Two stars in A Billion Lives, Dr. Delon Human (Former President of the World Medical Association) & Dr. Derek Yach (Former Executive Director at the World Health Organization), grew up in South Africa. We are proud to announce that we'll have our African Premiere in their home country as part of the Jozi Film Festival in Johannesburg.

The press mentions have already begun (please keep showing love to our media friends).

5) Canadian Premiere!

413509ca-3626-463b-a86f-65ef2fa1bb94.jpg

The HotDocs Cinema hosts one of the most important documentary film festivals in the world. It is an honor to announce that we'll have our Canadian premiere there in Toronto on October 21st.

This will also be a private event for media and VIPs, but please email James@AttentionEra.com if you'd like tickets.

6) Official Selection at the National Harm Reduction Film Festival in San Diego

28e39cdd-f7a7-48bd-8f03-609362c85589.jpg

We are excited to bring Tobacco Harm Reduction to the broader Harm Reduction community. I agree 100% with them that harm reduction means respect, dignity and compassion. For tickets to the festival and conference, please visit their website.

Wish us luck!

7) Global Theater Launch

Thanks for your patience. We are getting close!

Because of the successful North American Premiere (and your support), we now have a distributor interested in the movie if we can gain more traction with the public and mainstream media.

In order to do that, we still need to secure more sponsored support for our Hollywood Premiere festivities. We need to host a red carpet reception, premiere, and after-party that will bring in the celebrities, media, and publicity.

It's vital to do it properly because our Hollywood Premiere will be the launch of our global theater release (which leads to Netflix and other releases). We need this topic taken seriously.

We're also planning a red carpet screening + panel discussion in New York City for international media.

In the meantime, we still need people to help organize events in their city and help get people to sign up. When we get our global launch figured out, things will move quickly. Right now we need to know what cities are interested in the movie.

We need to get organized now.

We're almost there!

- Aaron Biebert & the team

S.gif

Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
on.jsp

S.gif

October 26th!

Click here to watch & share the new trailer!
After successful premieres and awards around the world, we are excited to announce that we're finally able to bring A Billion Lives to theaters on October 26th.

Now it's up to you!

1) Watch & share the new trailer on Facebook
2) Watch the new trailer on YouTube & share on Twitter

Let's see how fast we can get it to a million views!

4b36080d-c98d-4a01-b0bc-de5b64645121.jpg

So what's the plan with theaters and October 26th?

Because this is an independent film (not associated with Warner Brothers, Universal, etc.) and we are critical of the #2 advertiser on TV (Big Pharma), we had to take matters into our own hands.

We've booked the famous Hollywood Cinerama Theatre on October 26th for the Hollywood Premiere and global launch party. We haven't funded the required PR yet through after-party sponsorships, so please respond to this email if you're interested in supporting our efforts in any way (and attending the premiere).

This will be a private event for celebrities, friends of the event (mentioned above), and media.

93d61b60-efa7-4ac9-b1ea-55f35346af5b.jpg

The famous Cinerama Dome has hosted world premieres of movies such as Lord of the Rings, Men in Black, Dumb & Dumber, Pitch Perfect, Bad Boys & more.

Because of the success of our North American Premiere (1400 attendees), we were able to negotiate a deal with amazing theaters in New York City and LA to show the movie 56 times on opening week after the Hollywood Premiere!

New York City: Cinepolis (Chelsea)
Opens October 28th

Los Angeles: Laemmle Music Hall (Beverly Hills)
Opens October 28th

Once we put together a more impressive budget for our our Hollywood Premiere (think celebrities & media), we'll have more news on the US & Canada.

239eb2dd-cf67-4140-9c96-12cd0cd52145.png

Because of your interest in the movie, the awards, and these powerful premieres, we were recently approached by an innovative distribution company, Demand.Film, to bring the truth to theaters around the world. This could be big!

Demand.Film and A Billion Lives are featured in Forbes today.

Our partnership with them will initially begin with the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. However, they are constantly looking to see what other countries make strategic sense. There is talk of Germany, Austria, Ireland, France, and others. The US & Canada will be with a different company once we fully fund the Hollywood Premiere.

The innovative approach they've developed allows us to bring A Billion Lives to most cities where 100 people are willing to buy tickets. As a way to say thank you for all the support, we'll be giving 5% of ticket sales back to the organizers of each screening to support the advocacy group of their choice.

Click on the countries below to learn more and sign up to bring it to your local theater:

For our friends outside these countries interested in helping organize a screening of A Billion Lives in their city, please sign up here.

We'll keep the rest of the group updated via these email updates.

Quick summary:
  1. Blast the trailer out to the world!
  2. Plan on attending A Billion Lives on October 26th
  3. If you're in the UK, Australia, or New Zealand, sign up now to organize a screening.
  4. If you're in other countries (US, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Austria & France especially), please standby and sign up here.
More info is coming once we get our Hollywood global launch funded. That's all I can say for now.

Talk soon,

- Aaron Biebert & the team

S.gif

Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

S.gif

S.gif

Attention Era Media, LLC, 606 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203

S.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread