ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
S.gif

I am thankful

Click here to watch & share the new trailer!
In the quiet hours here at the end of a long day, I'm pondering many things.

This has been an amazing journey. It's been nearly two years since we initially decided to to investigate this topic, and nearly a year since we finished filming.

Wow.

The thought that just keeps coming to mind as I write this is how thankful I am to have you all with us. This project has been emotional, grueling. I appreciate your support. I appreciate your patience.

This week will feature the most announcements we've ever made. Things are finally rolling.

I hope you're ready!

a13cbb43-a64e-41b3-ac95-e2a7d8b9af1a.jpg

Let's start with Canada since it's Thanksgiving there today and I'm especially grateful for all their support over the past year.

Here are a couple updates:
  • Tickets for the Canadian Premiere in Toronto at the Hot Docs Cinema are now on sale. Click here to be a part of it.
  • We just received word that a former Prime Minister of Canada will be joining us! A world leader wants to see what we found!
  • We are still waiting for a rating and approval in all provinces of Canada. It's a tedious process.
  • We now have a version of A Billion Lives in French.
Once the movie is finally approved, it will be available to come to theaters throughout Canada via Tugg.com.

Our friends in the UK continue to lead the world in intelligent and compassionate tobacco harm reduction strategies. We have five British people in the movie and much of our early support on social media came from there.
  • We are honored to announce that we now have 11 screenings at Odeon Cinemas across the UK.
  • If you'd like to setup a screening at an Odeon Cinema near you, visit this page. Organizers get 5% of sales to support an advocacy effort.
  • It's hard to invite politicians, customers, and media to your home. The cinema is the best way to introduce people to tobacco hard reduction, in a neutral, comfortable, familiar place.

Australia is facing some of the harshest conditions for smokers seeking to quit. I'm excited to see things begin to turn around there.

It was an honor to win my first Best Director award there and I'm excited to announce that we have 13 screenings scheduled across Australia!
  • If you'd like to organize a screening in your city, click here. As mentioned before, there are perks.
We're going to make some noise for trapped smokers, for Vince, and for the truth.

New Zealand was where it all began. Our world premiere was spectacular and we've shown the movie four times already there.

It's been amazing to watch their government reverse course on nicotine vapor technology.

There are two more chances for our Kiwi friends to see A Billion Lives. Click here for tickets.

I'll have more big updates soon for the rest of the world, so please keep checking your emails this week.

Talk soon,

- Aaron Biebert & the team

S.gif

Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Email from Aaron, for those who may not be getting them!
--aRJ6o9oD9RxaSzVIXi-tsXtZfxPfei1z6icWGvkUy2dlZc9qsdKPh1VE37FHtm46lq99B3F-vLNiAw_YJFh0TQZo0dmljWNjxtuBcz2kkz1VCyDANZSvalOmTwmJUtwwum6tr5JxPCEd7I2Y2bWtM7HL0sGYeHv6r5BYfU_9g6izz_EIlOaozuvdCW-o7b5E1uotmoTwvuL8cRPX3CzLwR4c_5V231-Ma4i5NRNJGohTe6J46_mdKiDusQis-ZoI3cawv4Rv1xWm8pVoZ75fGFAj7urT8g4Q2QB2N7iZ6IBm1MwieKJzDA5s9A6UBmYgoibG1KfquXTWt5MYBb0zg=s0-d-e1-ft

zby7Wbp5IDoInk5bbCRY9WfGCyKxfn2FoANdjAn7r-Yz0x0mnxsS1LXSkDAE3cfnEaqVy_UhiRCZz66YfpbUugxNONoli0IeGOfvXpM=s0-d-e1-ft

They tried to bury us

I was worried.

Big organizations were trying to bury us. Facebook was unfairly censoring our posts, making them unseen to the public we were trying to reach. Big Hollywood companies were mysteriously "not interested" after expressing strong support. Our small team starting facing burnout and fatigue.
It wasn't looking good. We fell about a month behind our planned release schedule.

But you stuck with us.

You lifted us up. Many of you volunteered to help.

You made a lot of noise and caught the attention of two distribution companies called Tugg & Demand.Film.

The only thing we needed now were some big publicity events to make a successful partnership with them possible. Without a massive marketing budget, we needed big premiere events in Hollywood and New York City to get the media behind us and lead to wider distribution in theaters, TV, and streaming services.

To the Rescue

After our successful North American Premiere, I watched my best friend's mom (who smoked two packs a day) quit smoking. She was at our after-party and she picked up one of the Von Erl (a party sponsor) vapor devices and tried it. I know many folks think flavors are only for kids, but she loved the chocolate flavor so much she quit smoking on the spot.

The reaction was priceless.

Months later, she has quit for good, so did her husband (who now has a new mod). Their family has gone through a revolution and my best friend will have his parents around for many more years.
959,999,956 lives left to save.

When I told that story to Günter (CEO of Von Erl) over Skype, he told me that's why he got into this business. He asked if he could sponsor our Hollywood Premiere Global Launch Party to help make it an effective event and reach even more people with the truth. He also asked if we could do the same in Berlin. He lives in Austria and really wanted to see the movie in German for his neighbors and loved ones to know the truth.
I said yes, and today after all the worries and hard work and waiting, we can finally announce that this film is going to be seen on hundreds of screens worldwide and will be covered by some of the most prestigious press outlets on the planet.

What they say about this movement will largely be based on what happens in the next 10 days.
The battle truly begins today.
The Plan
Life-saving vapor technology has a PR problem. It's been beaten steadily for the past several years and most of the public thinks it's harming society, addicting children, and supporting Big Tobacco.
Consequently, politicians who are mainly focused on getting re-elected are bullied and threatened by Big Pharma-funded "non-profit" organizations to go along with the bans, restrictions, and extreme taxes.

We need to get the truth out...and we need to do it now.

Our PR team in Hollywood is busy pitching more news outlets and managing our VIP list so that we can make the maximum impact with our message. Jeff Stier and the NYC organizing committee he assembled is doing the same in New York.
We need some help. The majority of big film critics and reporters will only write about something big. Netflix only wants big movies.

We need to get "big". That means box office sales.

Through our relationship with Tugg, we now have 95% of theaters in the entire US willing to show A Billion Lives. The only catch is that we need:

1) An organizer (it's easy and we give back 5%)
2) About 100 tickets reserved at each theater

We also have a similar arrangement through Demand.Film for theUnited Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland. If these go well, more countries will be added.

If you'd like to see the life-saving truth spread, then pleasebuy tickets right now. The media is watching. Invite your loved ones. Invite your leaders. Invite your neighbors.

Theaters are the best place for community education.
October 26th is our global launch day. We will kick off the launch with our Hollywood Premiere at the famous Cinerama Dome Theatre on Sunset Blvd and a smaller after-party on top the W Hollywood Hotel for invited media, celebs, and special guests.

We'll use that time to make sure the message is heard.
eLCWVVnXTFj57taqU4pAShYpBPLWYFeLWlShGvaZSpXZkKVjpjkl5DyEL4D4FAG1apKiHN1ozzljkvJ1G9sMuje3WZRV0ym6uWu6ubCwTe3qxtZBzXsB2cqUM1fQejvgtib5bzspdhBY2Kk=s0-d-e1-ft

We'll have a huge red carpet at the theater for media to get pictures and footage of the attendees. Getty will be there. LA Weekly will be reviewing the film. It's on the calendar for the LA Times. Other media (reporters, magazines, bloggers, etc.) seeking passes to the red carpet are asked to contact Press@ABillionLives.com.
If you have a potential VIP guest that can help bring attention to our fight for truth, please contact LA@ABillionLives.com. I'm saving some seats for anyone that can bring more celebs.
Sadly, that's the only people the public listens to anymore...which is why this Hollywood Premiere is so vital.
fT0n7vTQE11zuCug18GpPtnM9iOtyr1ykxmB4U7x_qRmgJeG2HIwFYNvqaF0YZZC4UYbrPe2m6IOXQnJ-u3yf3PdHbeYzbbcCaiva1qN6FcBFS4u0WCVwCZFzWI8Oa-eV4O9mKHlM58VRMo=s0-d-e1-ft

We're also reserving complimentary premiere tickets for the following:

Two days later on October 28th, we'll be headed to NYC for ourNew York City Premiere and Media Panel at the Cinépolis Chelsea. Thanks to planning committee chairman Jeff Stier, this event will be a massive success. I'll be interviewed on The Street TV. The New York Times will be covering the film, so will The Village Voice. Others are RSVP'ing as I type this.
After the premiere, we'll have a panel for the media that is moderated by a Forbes writer, including: "Winston Man" David Goerlitz, Dr. Sally Satel MD, and myself.

I will be reserving tickets for media (contact Press@ABillionLives.com) and anyone who adopts (buys a block of tickets and help promotes it) one of four screenings per day atCinépolis Chelsea on October 28th to November 4th.

Tickets are now on sale for the NYC Premiere & Panel at8:00pm and subsequent showings (click here). Search forCinépolis Chelsea and the date (October 28th and beyond).
The Battle for #ABillionLives
After NYC, we begin one of the most difficult battles of this entire journey. We head to India to fight for truth at the World Health Organization FCTC COP7, which is responsible for the bans popping up around the world.

They're protecting cigarettes and we've got plans to make sure the world knows it. The majority of the billion deaths will happen on their watch, and it's time to bring them out of their secret shadowy meetings.

Stay tuned.
Upcoming dates (more details soon):

November 9th - Delhi, India
November 12th - Budapest, Hungary
November 14th - Oslo, Norway
November 16th - Tallinn, Estonia (PÖFF)
November 19th - Berlin, Germany (after-party sponsored by Von Erl & Innocigs)
Tl;DR?

Basically, this entire email boils down to this:
  1. Help organize a screening in your US city (other countriesclick here).
  2. Buy tickets throughout the entire US at Tugg, Laemmle(LA), or Cinepolis (NYC) theaters.
  3. Invite your neighbors and loved ones.
  4. Promote any positive press
    we get to build momentum. Facebook is censoring our big posts.
  5. Get ready for a wild ride this fall!

We're going to win this battle!

See you at the movies!
- Aaron Biebert & the team

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Metro Atlanta is in the planning stage!:) Kennesaw which is north metro Atlanta, approximately 12 miles outside I 285.
"Promoted By K Town Vapor Lounge
Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:30pm–10:15pm
at AMC Barrett Commons 24 — 2600 Cobb Place Ln. NW, Kennesaw, GA, United States, 30144 $12.00 General"

Personally could not expect a better location, but not crazy about the hours. Will have to take vacation the following day to sleep. 20 days to get 79 more people to buy tickets.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Metro Atlanta is in the planning stage!:) Kennesaw which is north metro Atlanta, approximately 12 miles outside I 285.
"Promoted By K Town Vapor Lounge
Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:30pm–10:15pm
at AMC Barrett Commons 24 — 2600 Cobb Place Ln. NW, Kennesaw, GA, United States, 30144 $12.00 General"

Personally could not expect a better location, but not crazy about the hours. Will have to take vacation the following day to sleep. 20 days to get 79 more people to buy tickets.
that's fantastic!! Hope y'all get the tickets sold!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I really want to see this film, but I'm not paying $50 to see it next week in Toronto.

I have been following this from the beginning and the whole thing seems like a bit of a cluster. Hope it gets a real release or I can buy it on DVD or something soon.

Hate to see people lose interest in something so potentially important, but I know I am. YMMV....

Reactions: EddieAdams

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Next time I have a chance to borrow my son's car for a few hours, I want to go visit some vape shops, see if I can get them to talk it up to their customers, to see if we can bring it here. 100 people is totally doable......just gotta get the word out. I do need to call some news stations, see if I can get them to do a story on it. Got caught up working on my disability, and that totally slipped my mind.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hi lovie doves...... rushed now, but here ya go:

Ok guys, I just heard back from Aaron.

He said that they didn't have anything to do with pricing, that it was promoted locally by Canadians. They didn't get the sort of sponsored support they were looking for, so the ticket price was higher.

He did offer up that there is a code BILLION30 for people following the film to get 30% off.

He said that it works out to about $25USD and includes the after-party, which is prolly a big fun deal!!!

He also mentioned that from everything he's seen, it looks like it will be a world-class event. The former Canadian Prime Minister is coming.

He said to thank you all, and to tell you that he's sorry. They have 12 big premiere events coming in the next month or so, and sometimes things aren't optimal.

In all truth, ABL is definitely doing the best they can and I doubt that any of them are getting rich from this enormous body of work.

I wouldn't miss it for anything!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread