Billion Lives Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I got the email notice of the Carlsbad CA premiere on Sunday, reserved my ticket at 11:30 AM on Monday, at that time they needed 44 more tickets to confirm the showing. On Tuesday morning at 7:48 AM I got the email that the showing was confirmed, followed a minute later by the email with a link to my ticket. Today at 9:24 AM I got another email that the show is sold out ...

Maybe with this level of response, they will schedule another showing ?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I got the email notice of the Carlsbad CA premiere on Sunday, reserved my ticket at 11:30 AM on Monday, at that time they needed 44 more tickets to confirm the showing. On Tuesday morning at 7:48 AM I got the email that the showing was confirmed, followed a minute later by the email with a link to my ticket. Today at 9:24 AM I got another email that the show is sold out ...

Maybe with this level of response, they will schedule another showing ?
That's fantastic!! enjoy it. Hope they can do another showing, that would be great!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Individuals are now being recruited to promote showings at their local theatres by the HUGE theatre company, Tugg. https://www.tugg.com/event_requests/new?movie=a-billion-lives

I have elected to promote a showing locally. All I need to do is sell about 75 tickets, and the viewing will happen. If it sells OUT, they may be willing to schedule additional screen times.

I plan on subsidizing this event, by allowing ANY ECF MEMBER who attends, the option to receive a refund at the theatre or have their ticket price donated to CASAA, as long as they bring at least one other paying guest that is NOT a member of ECF or the other excellent vaping forum which cannot be named here. I will be promoting this over there as well, with the same terms.

I also am going to talk to a VERY good restaurant near the theatre about having an "Open vape" dinner afterwards, with some kind of deal.

I have a question. Do we have ANYWHERE on this site, where members who elect to sponsor a viewing can promote that viewing? That is, if it isn't against that enormous and ridiculously strict TOS we all live under here.

This is wonderful! I saw that you and Moo were doing this. Wish you were in Central Tx lol Love the idea of a vape supper afterwards. As to promoting it........I would pm Oliver. I had asked him to put a banner at the top of each page advertising the film. He said he'd been thinking about that and he ended up getting a video msg from Aaron to include in it and he did it. He of course is incredibly supportive of the film. He might could make a forum for it so that folks could put a thread for each one, so peeps would know if there was one near them that they could support.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Individuals are now being recruited to promote showings at their local theatres by the HUGE theatre company, Tugg. https://www.tugg.com/event_requests/new?movie=a-billion-lives

I have elected to promote a showing locally. All I need to do is sell about 75 tickets, and the viewing will happen. If it sells OUT, they may be willing to schedule additional screen times.

I plan on subsidizing this event, by allowing ANY ECF MEMBER who attends, the option to receive a refund at the theatre or have their ticket price donated to CASAA, as long as they bring at least one other paying guest that is NOT a member of ECF or the other excellent vaping forum which cannot be named here. I will be promoting this over there as well, with the same terms.

I also am going to talk to a VERY good restaurant near the theatre about having an "Open Vape" dinner afterwards, with some kind of deal.

I have a question. Do we have ANYWHERE on this site, where members who elect to sponsor a viewing can promote that viewing? That is, if it isn't against that enormous and ridiculously strict TOS we all live under here.
Do you have a location in mind? It is probably local to me, I need some infos!

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Hai Qew! I wanted Waterford but they gave me my 2nd choice instead, United Artists Commerce Township Stadium 14. Going to be on Nov 28th at 7:30pm. I hope you can make it!! It should be up on their map within a couple days.

In hindsight, Novi might have been an easier sell, more populous. But then the whole mall/Christmas thing will be in swing, so maybe not. I abhor driving 96 in the Novi Christmas shopping traffic. Gawd, so awful.

Thanks for stepping up! :thumb: You're right, the whole Novi/96 area in the evening is scary busy to me, I'm so used to the back roads. I will, at the very least, buy a couple of tickets and try to find a non-scary route down there. I will tell the guy at the little vape shop in town, and hopefully he can help spread the word.

I wonder if there are any politicos that can be invited/dragged in?

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks for stepping up! :thumb: You're right, the whole Novi/96 area in the evening is scary busy to me, I'm so used to the back roads. I will, at the very least, buy a couple of tickets and try to find a non-scary route down there. I will tell the guy at the little vape shop in town, and hopefully he can help spread the word.

redacted due to TOS.

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Hai Qew! I wanted Waterford but they gave me my 2nd choice instead, United Artists Commerce Township Stadium 14. Going to be on Nov 28th at 7:30pm. I hope you can make it!! It should be up on their map within a couple days.

In hindsight, Novi might have been an easier sell, more populous. But then the whole mall/Christmas thing will be in swing, so maybe not. I abhor driving 96 in the Novi Christmas shopping traffic. Gawd, so awful.

Oooh, I planned to talk to Root about dinner, for Waterford, but since this is at 14 mile and Haggerty, I am thinking I will talk to Uptown Grille. Ever had their Truffle and Tenderloin Mac & Cheese?! ZOMG!! Soooo good. Oh, and Uptown is Vape Friendly. I sit at the bar there fairly regularly, always the same barkeeps, and they have never said a word about my vaping.
Do you know the theater's total seating capacity? I can't seem to find it. I would love to go but won't go if I have to disarm.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
According to "Dwayne" who answered the phone there on 10/20/16 @2:03pm, he added up each of the 14 screens, and came up with "right around 2000 seats". Due diligence done, and posted here for reference. You won't be the only CPL in the room.

Normally, that info is available here CinemaTour.com but the info for this theatre is not completed. The statute reads "An entertainment facility that the individual knows or should know has a seating capacity of 2,500 or more" Besides extensive googling, the call to the theater should certainly suffice as having complied. You cannot possibly "know or should know" if the data isn't published by the theater or the state, and you call to find out and are told "around 2000".
thanks, I recall that site but didn't seem to have it bookmarked, just this one that didn't have that theater - Cinema Treasures

Apologies if it was already posted, is there a link where I can buy a seat for that showing?

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
thanks, I recall that site but didn't seem to have it bookmarked, just this one that didn't have that theater - Cinema Treasures

Apologies if it was already posted, is there a link where I can buy a seat for that showing?

I will be posting it on the other vaping forum, as it is against the rules here. I have redacted all information per the TOS here.

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I will post here as soon as tickets become available. They said in an email I got today approving it, that it COULD take as long as 2 weeks for the tickets to become available. Pretty tough to promote something that is not for sale yet. They aren't making this freagin EASY, are they...
Once the link is live you can try promoting it by posting it to the CASAA facebook page like I see others doing - We Are CASAA Public Group | Facebook

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Just bought my tickets after finding out that they are showing it 45 minutes away from me on Nov. 7. :D
Awesome!!! So happy for ya!

Ever had their Truffle and Tenderloin Mac & Cheese?! ZOMG!! Soooo good. Oh, and Uptown is Vape Friendly. I sit at the bar there fairly regularly, always the same barkeeps, and they have never said a word about my vaping.
oh that sounds so yummy!! Kewl they are vape friendly. We have a couple places that I know of that we can vape at here, but not many.

Docs/nurses too if you can get some to go.

Atlanta (Kennesaw) has met its threshold and will happen!:thumbs: Just wrote K Town Vaper Lounge inquiring about the possibility of a sellout and second screening.
Fantastic!!

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Define sponsor.
IF it's a vendor specific coupon that benefits nobody other than those doing the ordering, yes. If it benefits you in any shape or form (affiliate codes), no.

Whoops! Reading the fine print, it appears that 5% of ticket sales will be going back to the sponsors of showings of A Billion Lives. I guess there IS rules in this giant TOS against promoting my event here, as apparently I stand to gain financially from sponsoring a showing of this movie.

I will go and edit my posts accordingly. Information will still be available over at the OTHER vaping site.

Last edited:

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I will post here as soon as tickets become available. They said in an email I got today approving it, that it COULD take as long as 2 weeks for the tickets to become available. Pretty tough to promote something that is not for sale yet. They aren't making this freagin EASY, are they...

Once the link is live you can try promoting it by posting it to the CASAA facebook page like I see others doing - We Are CASAA Public Group | Facebook

Thanks Fozzy!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
DBD, Salem, and all you ABL wonderful supporters......

I'm on! We've got plans to go to see the screening this coming week, and I am THRILLED!!!!

I hope truly, that everyone who wants to see this will be able to make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread