Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Oh I'll get my money back for sure. I'm retired and have more than enough time to call and email them into submission ... :laugh:

I do have great respect for Mr. Biebert and all who contributed to A Billion Lives, and will see the film eventually. Just not with a sponsor who thinks that revoking a pre-paid ticket is OK ... :?:

You will get your money back for sure. You had to of paid via PP or CC and both will give you your $ back if it came to that.

I really think that this showing belonged to the shop that sponsored it from the start. Tugg inadvertently put the tickets up for sale and it took them awhile to realize their mistake. It does suck really bad but, mistakes happen.

I really don't think that there was anything underhanded going on there at all. I could be wrong but from what I have seen at FB, I truly think that my theory is correct. :2c:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello there.

Just got this from CASAA:

Members of CASAA are invited to join the crew of A Billion Lives in Hollywood at the famous Cinerama Dome Theatre for the premiere of A Billion Lives.

"Wednesday, October 26th, 2016

Arclight Hollywood Cinerama Dome Theatre

6360 W Sunset Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90028

(Click here to get FREE passes to the premiere)

Attire: Smart Casual

6:30pm - Red Carpet Arrivals (various celebs are confirmed)

7:30pm - Screening Begins

There are limited seats available, so register as soon as possible to secure tickets. Tickets will be picked up at the will-call desk at the entrance to the theater. More information will be emailed closer to the event. Stay tuned!

Thank you!"

I hope it's OK to share...

If not, mods, please delete.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Looks like things went very well in Hollywood. :)

On the #ABillionLives red carpet in Hollywood!

No idea why the link is not showing. Will try again in the morning :)

I see embedded video, so it looks good to me. Thanks for posting!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I am honored and grateful to have been a part of last nite's glorious event. And, I'm filled with positive feelings, and the desire to further the expansion of this film.

A BILLION LIVES.........

WHAT A MARVELOUS piece of work Aaron Beibert has created.

I definitely recommend this film to anyone and EVERY one who wants to see the truth, visually.

It is brilliant....... and then some!!

20161026_191526.jpg

20161026_220953.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I am honored and grateful to have been a part of last nite's glorious event. And, I'm filled with positive feelings, and the desire to further the expansion of this film.

A BILLION LIVES.........

WHAT A MARVELOUS piece of work Aaron Beibert has created.

I definitely recommend this film to anyone and EVERY one who wants to see the truth, visually.

It is brilliant....... and then some!!

View attachment 610027

View attachment 610025
Soooooooooo glad you were able to see it, and attend such a wonderful event besides!!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Love both of those........... but wow...........wish I'd known about this one! Of course, I didn't have no one to hold hands with, but coulda held Frankie's paw! hehehe This is fantastic! If Eric can get folks with the star power of his sister to get involved in the billion hands movement.......this could really explode in our favor!!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I really hate to say this but, the reviews are not that great IMHO The ones that I posted have some pretty big negatives written in and I have seen other vapers say a few negative things about it

Things like, seems like a long infomercial on vaping or how folks felt that the audience was left hanging at the end. They explain the issues but, use no scientific data to back their claims? Plus, they don't give the audience a clue on what to do if they are outraged by it?

Guess I will just have to wait until I see it next week to know for sure.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I really hate to say this but, the reviews are not that great IMHO The ones that I posted have some pretty big negatives written in and I have seen other vapers say a few negative things about it

Things like, seems like a long infomercial on vaping or how folks felt that the audience was left hanging at the end. They explain the issues but, use no scientific data to back their claims? Plus, they don't give the audience a clue on what to do if they are outraged by it?

Guess I will just have to wait until I see it next week to know for sure.

I have not seen it yet but that's what I am getting from reviews - overall positive, but several negative aspects, like an infomercial about vaping and no info on what do do about it.

hmmmmmmm well that stinks. I'm glad that overall it seems positive, and I can sorta see how he might leave folks hangin about what to do. Cuz it's not really about vaping. It's about corruption......and who knows really anything to do about all that. And honestly, don't really know if anyone knows how to really fight the deeming effectively. (did I say really enough???) lol We've all done petitions, to no avail. Hoping the lawsuits will do something. We contact congress to no avail. It stinks, but I imagine Aaron doesn't have the answer anymore than any of the rest of us. Like you said Salem, we gotta wait to see it, but I hope folks can focus on the positives of it more than the negatives.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

And in the NY Times article, it says:

"It’s a net broadly cast and woven of implications rather than of indisputable evidence, but — especially given the tobacco industry’s credibility problems — you’ll probably be inclined to think there’s some truth to the film’s allegations. And certainly you’ll feel for the smokers who testify movingly of being eager to try anything that might help them shake their habit. The film, though, doesn’t have any suggestions as to what the average viewer might do to help break the supposed conspirators’ blockade."

And I ask YOU, New York Times....... what do YOU suggest? Do you have a "supposed" answer? (yes, I'm mad)

Le sigh.

To you Salem, to you DBD, and to you, Clnire.... prior to even seeing the film, I had no expectations, and certainly no illusion that Aaron would have "the answers" to our dilemma(s). Having now seen it, I can say that this film highlights and emphasizes our trials, struggles, and tribulations, and THOSE are the things that the general public needs to know.

None of us have "the" answers, but to propagate misleading and false and damning information is not something that Mr. Beibert could stomach. He kept repeating to me, "It's just WRONG, WRONG, and I can not stand by and not tell the truth."

So, this film, as an be all and end all "answer" (which it's not), is the TRUTH. It's a loud and beautiful and impactful vision of the truth on the wide screen. It will cause people to think, and hopefully to act.

It is extremely risky on his part, in all honesty, and I hope that he, with all of our voices, continues to speak out in favor of what is right.

How many people is a BILLION...

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
hmmmmmmm well that stinks. I'm glad that overall it seems positive, and I can sorta see how he might leave folks hangin about what to do. Cuz it's not really about vaping. It's about corruption......and who knows really anything to do about all that. And honestly, don't really know if anyone knows how to really fight the deeming effectively. (did I say really enough???) lol We've all done petitions, to no avail. Hoping the lawsuits will do something. We contact congress to no avail. It stinks, but I imagine Aaron doesn't have the answer anymore than any of the rest of us. Like you said Salem, we gotta wait to see it, but I hope folks can focus on the positives of it more than the negatives.

And in the NY Times article, it says:

"It’s a net broadly cast and woven of implications rather than of indisputable evidence, but — especially given the tobacco industry’s credibility problems — you’ll probably be inclined to think there’s some truth to the film’s allegations. And certainly you’ll feel for the smokers who testify movingly of being eager to try anything that might help them shake their habit. The film, though, doesn’t have any suggestions as to what the average viewer might do to help break the supposed conspirators’ blockade."

And I ask YOU, New York Times....... what do YOU suggest? Do you have a "supposed" answer? (yes, I'm mad)

Le sigh.

To you Salem, to you DBD, and to you, Clnire.... prior to even seeing the film, I had no expectations, and certainly no illusion that Aaron would have "the answers" to our dilemma(s). Having now seen it, I can say that this film highlights and emphasizes our trials, struggles, and tribulations, and THOSE are the things that the general public needs to know.

None of us have "the" answers, but to propagate misleading and false and damning information is not something that Mr. Beibert could stomach. He kept repeating to me, "It's just WRONG, WRONG, and I can not stand by and not tell the truth."

So, this film, as an be all and end all "answer" (which it's not), is the TRUTH. It's a loud and beautiful and impactful vision of the truth on the wide screen. It will cause people to think, and hopefully to act.

It is extremely risky on his part, in all honesty, and I hope that he, with all of our voices, continues to speak out in favor of what is right.

How many people is a BILLION...

I don't recall seeing anyone say that Aaron should have the answers to our problems. No clue where you are getting that from. o_O

The critics that I have read reviews on are merely saying that there should be direction on what to do at the end. We know plenty of stuff that can be done. I thought we were all pretty actively contacting our congressman, joining advocacy groups, etc.

People should be upset about the atrocities that are being done at the end of this film. They will be looking for something that they could do to help. That would be the best time to ask for support IMHO

No reason at all to get our panties in a bunch IMHO Everyone should have the right to state their own opinion and they just won't always agree with our own.

I have followed and supported A Billion Lives from the start so you are truly barking up the wrong tree here.

This is what I stopped in to post.
Government Puts Tobacco Interests Above A Billion Lives

Reactions: Kenna

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
prior to even seeing the film, I had no expectations, and certainly no illusion that Aaron would have "the answers" to our dilemma(s). Having now seen it, I can say that this film highlights and emphasizes our trials, struggles, and tribulations, and THOSE are the things that the general public needs to know.

So, this film, as an be all and end all "answer" (which it's not), is the TRUTH.
precisely

I don't recall seeing anyone say that Aaron should have the answers to our problems. No clue where you are getting that from. o_O

The critics that I have read reviews on are merely saying that there should be direction on what to do at the end. We know plenty of stuff that can be done. I thought we were all pretty actively contacting our congressman, joining advocacy groups, etc.

People should be upset about the atrocities that are being done at the end of this film. They will be looking for something that they could do to help. That would be the best time to ask for support IMHO

No reason at all to get our panties in a bunch IMHO Everyone should have the right to state their own opinion and they just won't always agree with our own.

I have followed and supported A Billion Lives from the start so you are truly barking up the wrong tree here.

This is what I stopped in to post.
Government Puts Tobacco Interests Above A Billion Lives
oh hun.........I am sorry if I put that in a way that made you feel I was being ugly toward Aaron, I surely am not! I was only trying to say that some folks (like the reviews you referred to) will find something negative in anything. I wasn't at all bashing Aaron or the film or you or anything. Yes we've all signed petitions, contacted congressmen, done a lot of things.....and I guess I'm just frustrated. Seems like it was all to no avail. One congressman seemed like he was going to do something, and afaik he's sent three letters to the FDA all of which have been ignored. The one response I saw was still ignoring everything he asked for. What did he do? Sent another letter :facepalm: I'm just frustrated that any vapers especially would have anything negative to say about this film even though I haven't seen it. I am not disagreeing with you about anything and truly don't have my knickers in a knot over anything. I'm sorry I gave you that opinion. I do agree that the end of the film would be a great place to say........now if you're ...... about this, go out and do xxxxx Due to my level of frustration with petitions, politicians that don't care etc, I just dunno what the heck to tell em to go out and do anymore. That's all I was saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread