Biowick Cotton organic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
If looks say anything, I'd guess this will let you discover what vaping shoelaces is like. That's an old product and I've never heard of it; Sometimes that alone says something. I'd still try it though.
Old or new product, new find for me, seems perfect as changing my dripping cotton for ( NETs ) six times a day
cut & go no faff as using cotton pads.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
So far as I can tell, cotton is cotton is cotton. I can’t tell a dime store cotton ball from the most expensive vaping cotton once it in my coil

Except some of the fancy stuff is much, much worse.

@SCOTT-3 let us know how it turns out! Definitely an interesting format!

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
So far as I can tell, cotton is cotton is cotton. I can’t tell a dime store cotton ball from the most expensive vaping cotton once it in my coil

Yep. I have tried a bunch - Ko Gen Do, Cotton Bacon, Native Wicks to name a few - but I always go back to organic cotton balls from the drug store. I get a huge bag for a couple of bucks.

To use them I unroll the ball into a long strip and cut into shorter "wick-length" pieces. You can get a TON of wicks out of a bag of balls.

I'm done with all the rest.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Yep. I have tried a bunch - Ko Gen Do, Cotton Bacon, Native Wicks to name a few - but I always go back to organic cotton balls from the drug store. I get a huge bag for a couple of bucks.

To use them I unroll the ball into a long strip and cut into shorter "wick-length" pieces. You can get a TON of wicks out of a bag of balls.

I'm done with all the rest.
I was so very tempted to pounce on the "You can get a TON of wicks out of a bag of balls" portion but then I remembered that there is a Hall Monitor lurking around here, waiting to issue demerits.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I was so very tempted to pounce on the "You can get a TON of wicks out of a bag of balls" portion but then I remembered that there is a Hall Monitor lurking around here, waiting to issue demerits.
What’s there to pounce on? You can get 2-3 wicks per cotton ball and a bag is a couple bucks. I’m confused.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I have to admit that I have not tried rayon. Is there somewhere to get a small quantity? I don't want to order an entire box from the beauty supply shop. What is it...Sally something-or-other...??

I don't know. I bought a box of 500ft for $15 at Sally's Beauty Supply. They had it on the shelf. I guess it's used to do perms. Since I've started using rayon I've never gone back to cotton.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I don't know. I bought a box of 500ft for $15 at Sally's Beauty Supply. They had it on the shelf. I guess it's used to do perms. Since I've started using rayon I've never gone back to cotton.

I believe you can order Sally's rayon online as well, I plan to order some shortly... :)

Anna

Yep, and there are three of their stores within a few miles of me. Just never got around to going, and don't really want a huge box. I guess if it's 15 bucks it's not a big deal, and I have heard enough good chatter about rayon that I expect it works well, so it may be worth the $15 gamble.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
It's the CelluCotton on the blue box, right?

Looks like they have a 10ft piece for $1.99 - works for me. :)
Yes but be careful. There is some cellucotton that is just organic cotton and not rayon. Make sure you read the label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread