Bitter taste invading my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
Thanks for the replies all. I'm going to try and stay off vaping altogether for a few days. Even before the bitter taste and just vaping VG and no flavours, the back of my tongue and top palate constantly feels rather dry and almost a bit numb which stops me tasting flavour properly on the exhale. I've got a couple of tins of flavoured snuff that a vaper from another forum gave me over a year ago. It's not much fun but at least it gives me my nic fix and should let my tongue get back to some sort of normality.

I'm not sure about acid reflux. It's definitely crossed my mind before. I don't get heartburn or any symptoms like that. The thing is, when I vape pure VG and nicotine, I don't get this bitter taste, just the regular throat clearing. It's only going back to flavours that I get the bitter taste, so it seems to be do with the vaping. I'm also wondering if the spitting from my new wide bored drip tip RDA, which has been spitting drops of juice onto my throat, is part of the issue.

Reactions: Nimaz

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks for the replies all. I'm going to try and stay off vaping altogether for a few days. Even before the bitter taste and just vaping VG and no flavours, the back of my tongue and top palate constantly feels rather dry and almost a bit numb which stops me tasting flavour properly on the exhale. I've got a couple of tins of flavoured snuff that a vaper from another forum gave me over a year ago. It's not much fun but at least it gives me my nic fix and should let my tongue get back to some sort of normality.

I'm not sure about acid reflux. It's definitely crossed my mind before. I don't get heartburn or any symptoms like that. The thing is, when I vape pure VG and nicotine, I don't get this bitter taste, just the regular throat clearing. It's only going back to flavours that I get the bitter taste, so it seems to be do with the vaping. I'm also wondering if the spitting from my new wide bored drip tip RDA, which has been spitting drops of juice onto my throat, is part of the issue.

One other thing comes to mind -- a thrush infection, the fungus called candida albicans -- it can play hell with the tissues of the mouth, and the tastebuds. With PG being an antibacterial, it's possible that it killed too many beneficial bacteria, and allowed the thrush to grow rampant -- as happens when taking a broad-spectrum antibiotic.

Andria

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
One other thing comes to mind -- a thrush infection, the fungus called candida albicans -- it can play hell with the tissues of the mouth, and the tastebuds. With PG being an antibacterial, it's possible that it killed too many beneficial bacteria, and allowed the thrush to grow rampant -- as happens when taking a broad-spectrum antibiotic.

Andria

Hi Andria, now this is very interesting what you say because I'm been wondering if I have candida in some small way at least. I'll need to explain a few things though. After about 4 months of vaping, I began to have difficulty tasting flavours. After a while of vaping, the surface of my tongue started to look like what is described as geographic tongue. It still looks like that now, in fact, it changes quite a lot. The sides of my tongue look quite raw. No pain though. A year ago then in April 2014 I had a tongue biopsy to check it out. Everything was fine on the result, completely benign. I still have the letter that was sent May 2014 sent from the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic to my doctor, and this is what it says:

"We reviewed Danny in the clinic today following the incisional biopsy of the left side of the tongue. The patient reported that he has had no problems since the biopsy and the site has healed well. I am pleased to report that the histopathology showed acute and chronic inflammation with no dysplasia or malignancy. There were also a few Hyphae noted.

On examination today, the tongue appeared as previously noted and the biopsy has healed well. I have explained and reassured the patient. I have also explained that the electronic cigarettes that the patient is using, could be having an irritant affect on the tongue.

I have prescribed a course of Nystatin for two weeks to treat the candida infection and we have discharged the patient from our care. If any changes occur or if the patient become concerned, in any way, please do not hesitate to re-refer."

She said 'to treat the candida infection' however, I think I kind of persuaded her that I might have that, I don't seem to recall her telling me she's 100% sure it is. She pretty much thought it was just geographic tongue of which there's no cure. However, doing my research, candida is often associated with that.

I didn't find the Nystatin did anything, nor Miconazole in the form of Daktarin oral gel. But perhaps I didn't use the medicines consistently enough, or for long enough, I don't know. Maybe I need to try it again. I certainly don't have any white stuff on my tongue which would exhibit candida. At that time, just before the biopsy, the spit saliva into water test first thing in the morning did show 'legs' indicative of candida. I've done that test recently, and I think there legs but not very obviously. I would LOVE it to be candida because it would cure all or most of my taste problems. I'll have to revisit the doctor. It's just that I hate mentioning vaping to doctors, they really don't know much about them, and they generally just say stop vaping. Maybe something like flucanozole would work. What I need is an ENT who is a vaper too! :D

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Please, don't be alarmist when it's not necessary, people get worry over it and it's not good either.

OTOH, people on internet forums really can't give medical advice since they don't even know the person or have examined them.

However I thoroughly disagree about just assuming something is vape related.

Most people here are ex smokers. That mean, ANY change in mouth, lips, tongue, throat, taste......always needs to be followed up on.

Vaping doesn't mean that you "un-did" all the cell damage, etc that years or decades of smoking inflicted.

Staying properly hydrated may just be enough to resolve this issue. Just saying...

Now THAT I will agree with. ;) Simple and fixes a host of things in teh body. :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It's just that I hate mentioning vaping to doctors, they really don't know much about them, and they generally just say stop vaping. Maybe something like flucanozole would work. What I need is an ENT who is a vaper too! :D

Well you are doing right thing, they can't help you if you leave them in the dark. ;)

Keep in mind vaping isn't for everyone, not 100% across the board. Perhaps you can fiddle with your eliquid and figure out what it is.

Anything with even trace amt. of cinnamon will burn me up. Tongue, throat, lips, etc.

Could be flavorings, could be PG, could be nic....could be anything.

ManiacMedic

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
People present differently. What is wrong with checking a bgl? Some people have aero symptoms for high BGL. So I fail to see your point. If everyone subscribed to your point of view, no one would ever seek medical treatment for any symptom. If it's concerning, then stop playing around and get a few tests done. I never told the OP he is going to kick the bucket. I suggested a few things I would look into. Vaping is beginning to be correlated to acid reflux also. This is not a big deal. This is absolutely normal. Get it looked at, talk to a doc, and ask about a medication for acid reflux. I don't understand how suggesting medical tests is somehow bad when you're suggesting for him to drink some water and brush it off. What could potentially cause more harm? My suggestion? Or yours? Let's be realistic here. You are inhaling a foreign substance. If you have negative effects, see a physician and be honest. So unless you ARE a physician, I disagree with your entire train of thought.

And don't call me "alarmist". Id rather be realistic than naive.

Reactions: Danny55

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Have you gotten any of the flavored juice in your mouth? Some set ups have a moist vape. You might not even be noticing it. Take a small amount of the flavored eliquid and taste it. Quick an easy test to see if that's what is causing it.

I have a goblin mini that no matter what I do it vapes moist. Ends up making everything taste bitter.

I have to have a dry vape. I can't stand twisted or clapton builds as they create a moist vape.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
She said 'to treat the candida infection' however, I think I kind of persuaded her that I might have that, I don't seem to recall her telling me she's 100% sure it is. She pretty much thought it was just geographic tongue of which there's no cure. However, doing my research, candida is often associated with that.

I didn't find the Nystatin did anything, nor Miconazole in the form of Daktarin oral gel. But perhaps I didn't use the medicines consistently enough, or for long enough, I don't know. Maybe I need to try it again. I certainly don't have any white stuff on my tongue which would exhibit candida. At that time, just before the biopsy, the spit saliva into water test first thing in the morning did show 'legs' indicative of candida. I've done that test recently, and I think there legs but not very obviously. I would LOVE it to be candida because it would cure all or most of my taste problems. I'll have to revisit the doctor. It's just that I hate mentioning vaping to doctors, they really don't know much about them, and they generally just say stop vaping. Maybe something like flucanozole would work. What I need is an ENT who is a vaper too! :D

OTOH, people on internet forums really can't give medical advice since they don't even know the person or have examined them.

As Racehorse noted, obviously none of us can really give "medical advice," all we can really offer is our own anecdotal experience, things to maybe consider.

And I would also go along with what she said about drinking plenty of water or other non-alcoholic/non-caffeinated liquids; it can help a GREAT deal. I find drinking coconut water daily a HUGE benefit since I started vaping; it keeps me hydrated *and* keeps my electrolytes balanced.

That said... I've suffered off and on from thrush at various times, for different reasons, and it can be really stubborn. One thing that helped mine a lot when I had to take some powerful post-op antibiotics after my appendectomy in 2014, was "Activia" yogurt -- the same probiotics that help the intestinal tract can also help the mouth, when there is not enough benign bacteria present to ward off candida -- candida is opportunistic as most fungi are, so even if you use medicine, if sufficient bacteria still aren't present, maybe thanks to vaping or other causes, then the fungus can still over-grow. Also, acidophilus milk, though AFAIK, I've never found any of that, but I've always heard it's a good treatment for candida in its various forms, for the same reason as Activia -- probiotics. They also make a probiotic that can be taken in pill form, called Align, though for oral issues, I'm guessing the Activia yogurt may be more effective, just because it's *in the mouth*.

Signs of candida can also include -- sore tongue, and "bumps" on the roof of the mouth -- taking any kind of steroidal medicine can also lead to candida, particularly if the steroids are actually in the mouth -- like the Advair I have to inhale twice a day. :)

Andria

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015

However I thoroughly disagree about just assuming something is vape related.

Most people here are ex smokers. That mean, ANY change in mouth, lips, tongue, throat, taste......always needs to be followed up on.

Vaping doesn't mean that you "un-did" all the cell damage, etc that years or decades of smoking inflicted.
:)

I agree with that! I consider, however that it's tempting, or natural to consider at first glance vaping or components in vaping habits to be associated with new symptoms. In all fairness, I found relatively easy to discard or link vaping to a given condition because the components are limited and vaping offers great flexibility in its use. Of course, there are unknown, but progress in understanding the potential risks and in developing safer products have been done. Indeed, many conditions are associated with damaged caused by previous smoking habits or result from smoking cessation such as some that i am still experiencing. In the spectrum of possible causes of a given condition, every reasonable elements in life habits or old life-habits require consideration to pinpoint the cause(s) and undergo habits change or treatment to improve life quality. This is why many stopped smoking, it's an obvious cause of many health troubles which persist many years after cessation. Indeed, vaping doesn't un-do the damage, it provides support for a significant change in life-long habits, giving a chance to the body to heal at its best.

Last edited:

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
People present differently. What is wrong with checking a bgl? Some people have aero symptoms for high BGL. So I fail to see your point. If everyone subscribed to your point of view, no one would ever seek medical treatment for any symptom. If it's concerning, then stop playing around and get a few tests done. I never told the OP he is going to kick the bucket. I suggested a few things I would look into. Vaping is beginning to be correlated to acid reflux also. This is not a big deal. This is absolutely normal. Get it looked at, talk to a doc, and ask about a medication for acid reflux. I don't understand how suggesting medical tests is somehow bad when you're suggesting for him to drink some water and brush it off. What could potentially cause more harm? My suggestion? Or yours? Let's be realistic here. You are inhaling a foreign substance. If you have negative effects, see a physician and be honest. So unless you ARE a physician, I disagree with your entire train of thought.

And don't call me "alarmist". Id rather be realistic than naive.

I am sorry if I offended you. There is nothing wrong in checking the Blood Sugar nor in staying well hydrated. As you said, the best suggestion is to have physician assessment. A bitter taste can be associated with a broad range of pathologies, some are benign other are far more severe than diabetes. This is one reason why I found your suggestion alarmist. Another reason is because diabetes triggers other more significant symptoms, with bitter taste been relatively negligible. We are inhaling and absorbing foreign substances constantly. Our body evolved and adapts to deal with this process. Some substances are inert, metabolized, may affect specific cellular pathways that may lead to physiological responses such as inflammation, other trigger different arms of the immune system. For the most part, vaping is introducing a limited number of substances with effects on our body that have been previously investigated. Some with known toxicity or triggering sensitivity are avoidable, other are theoretically harmless. How, what, and how long time we will vape have unknown health implications just yet. Unknown doesn't necessary means harmful but also beneficial or even completely negligible.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
Well guys, I've booked a doctors appointment, it's Friday morning. I've not vaped for two days now and am missing it. But this snuff really kicks and is enough to keep me off the vaping. I just want to see if my mouth changes, i.e, the look of my tongue and this dryness. Still dry mouth, although that strong horrible bitter taste has gone so I believe that was the liquid, perhaps droplets hitting my throat from the RDA spitting from the coils. I do still have a sort of bitterish taste but it's mild and more typical of the taste of dryness. I wonder if my mouth will still feel dry by Friday with no vaping.

Last edited:

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Well guys, I've booked a doctors appointment, it's Friday morning. I've not vaped for two days now and am missing it. But this snuff really kicks and is enough to keep me off the vaping. I just want to see if my mouth changes, i.e, the look of my tongue and this dryness. Still dry mouth, although that strong horrible bitter taste has gone so I believe that was the liquid, perhaps droplets hitting my throat from the RDA spitting from the coils. I do still have a sort of bitterish taste but it's mild and more typical of the taste of dryness. I wonder if my mouth will still feel dry by Friday with no vaping.

I am glad that you pointed the liquid out as the cause of your bitter taste. I am confident that your PD will lead you in the right direction for that dry mouth, be insistent though.
I am waiting for blood tests and cat scan results from last week and I have always been nervous in tese situations... I wish you well!

Last edited:

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
I am glad that you pointed the liquid out as the cause of your bitter taste. I am confident that your PD will lead you in the right direction for that dry mouth, be insistent though.
I am waiting for blood tests and cat scan results from last week and I have always been nervous in this situations... I wish you well!

Thank you Nimaz. The fact that my mouth is still dry after two days of not vaping though and the back of my tongue feels a bit weird, does that seem odd or could it be that vaping for two years has taken it's toll and it takes time to get back to normal or would you not expect a dry mouth 48 hours after stopping vaping? I'm not even a heavy vaper compared to many, however, I vape more than I used to smoke, simply because it's easy to do.

I wish you well too with your results!

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Thank you Nimaz. The fact that my mouth is still dry after two days of not vaping though and the back of my tongue feels a bit weird, does that seem odd or could it be that vaping for two years has taken it's toll and it takes time to get back to normal or would you not expect a dry mouth 48 hours after stopping vaping? I'm not even a heavy vaper compared to many, however, I vape more than I used to smoke, simply because it's easy to do.

I wish you well too with your results!

Thank you! If the dry mouth doesn't go away that would suggest to me that it's not vaping related. AdriaD has valuable points. The know antimicrobial, both antibacterial and antifungal activities of PG might have disturbed eventual pathogens such as Candida albicans, which is pretty sensitive to PG. The doc. report that you shared, and I thank you for that, suggests that it might be the case since you had Candida and started experiencing a bitter taste when you introduced PG, in addition to flavoring in your ejuice. Because you mentioned that the treatments you used were not very effective, you may still have re-occurrence. I don't know if treating a Candida infection with PG is effective or even recommended but if it is, then it shed some light on a potential beneficial effect of vaping. Also, saliva has antimicrobial activities so i am guessing that dry mouth may be prone to buccal infection. I have dry mouth when I drink alcohol beverages, with home ventilation or when I am dehydrated from hyperglycemia... Dry mouth can also be a side effect of some medications. I have no obvious reason nor found any evidence that vaping may be harmful to the mouth however, my deductive brain has to often admit its limitations and let my heart/my gut feeling take over. Your Doc will certainly be a good help and I am glad to hear that you'll see her/him soon.

Last edited:

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
Right, I've seen the doctor. As I thought would happen, there was no real answer. More a case of suggestions. She didn't really know what the problem is to be honest or if there is a problem outside of vaping. She read the letter on her computer, the same one I posted earlier. It was me that suggested the possibility of candida to the ENT doctor a year ago, and it was me that suggested it again tonight. She looked inside my mouth and didn't notice anything abnormal aside from my patchy geographic tongue. She took a swab sample of my tongue to be sent off, should know something in a week. She asked me if I wanted to trial not vaping for a period of time. I told her I'd not vaped for 3 days. She asked if I noticed any improvement and I said not really.

I'd asked her about the possibility of acid reflux but she didn't think it was that and said if anything, she's leaning more towards candida than acid reflux. So then she asked if I'd like to try a course of Fluconazole and I jumped at the chance. One tablet a day for 14 days. I took the prescription to a late night pharmacist and bought them. Flucanazole.jpg

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but my feeling is that the Flucanazole won't make any difference, I probably don't have any infection, and that it's just a case of vaping doesn't like me. Perhaps her suggestion was right, that staying off vaping would restore my mouth to normality. I asked her about some previous blood tests a couple of months back for something else and she said everything's fine with iron, zinc, thyroid, etc. Basically, nothing wrong with me. I hope the Flucanazole does do something good though because I don't want to give up vaping.

Anyone know if it'll be ok to vape while I'm taking these tablets?

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Right, I've seen the doctor. As I thought would happen, there was no real answer. More a case of suggestions. She didn't really know what the problem is to be honest or if there is a problem outside of vaping. She read the letter on her computer, the same one I posted earlier. It was me that suggested the possibility of candida to the ENT doctor a year ago, and it was me that suggested it again tonight. She looked inside my mouth and didn't notice anything abnormal aside from my patchy geographic tongue. She took a swab sample of my tongue to be sent off, should know something in a week. She asked me if I wanted to trial not vaping for a period of time. I told her I'd not vaped for 3 days. She asked if I noticed any improvement and I said not really.

I'd asked her about the possibility of acid reflux but she didn't think it was that and said if anything, she's leaning more towards candida than acid reflux. So then she asked if I'd like to try a course of Fluconazole and I jumped at the chance. One tablet a day for 14 days. I took the prescription to a late night pharmacist and bought them. View attachment 513431

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but my feeling is that the Flucanazole won't make any difference, I probably don't have any infection, and that it's just a case of vaping doesn't like me. Perhaps her suggestion was right, that staying off vaping would restore my mouth to normality. I asked her about some previous blood tests a couple of months back for something else and she said everything's fine with iron, zinc, thyroid, etc. Basically, nothing wrong with me. I hope the Flucanazole does do something good though because I don't want to give up vaping.

I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but also try some Activia yogurt -- as I mentioned, even if you take an antifungal, if there are still insufficient benign bacteria in your mouth, then the antifungal won't help that much; the fungus grows BECAUSE the bacteria aren't present to keep it in check.

Andria

ETA: the thing to consider is, is not-vaping going to mean you go back to smoking? I'd put up with a lot to continue to avoid cigarettes, but stopping vaping would almost guarantee that I would smoke again.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but also try some Activia yogurt -- as I mentioned, even if you take an antifungal, if there are still insufficient benign bacteria in your mouth, then the antifungal won't help that much; the fungus grows BECAUSE the bacteria aren't present to keep it in check.

Andria

ETA: the thing to consider is, is not-vaping going to mean you go back to smoking? I'd put up with a lot to continue to avoid cigarettes, but stopping vaping would almost guarantee that I would smoke again.

Yeah, actually I won't stop vaping Andria, but I might give up on flavoured vaping and PG if it keeps on giving me problems. Which is unfortunate because I've just received a whole load of DIY supplies, scales, concentrates, the whole shabang :(

I'm currently back on my usual non flavoured VG, with AG based nicotine, on low wattage in my old kayfun, back to mouth to lung. It's non aggressive, no spitting, low heat and what I've been on for the past year and gives me the least amount of issues. Boring to say the least!, but it works and definitely keeps me off the cigarettes.

I'll get some probiotic, Andria thanks for the heads up. How much do you recommend I need to eat of it each day approximately?

By the way, something interesting I read about the particular cultures best for treating candida. Apparently, Lactobacillus Acidophilus is the best for treating Candida according to this
Should I Take Probiotics With Diflucan? | LIVESTRONG.COM
"When treating a yeast infection with Diflucan, you can get the probiotics you need by eating fermented food or taking supplements. Lactobacillus bacteria -- found in yogurt and kefir -- are more effective than bifidobacterium for treating candida. The National Institutes of Health recommends Lactobacillus acidophilus,"

I've looked at Activia ingredients which contain Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis. At my local supermarket, there is this other product with Lactobacillus Acidophilus. Perhaps it might be more beneficial for me? But it does have sugar. New Probiotic Low Fat Mango Yoghurt 450G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

I read somewhere else where someone said Flucanazole and Nystatin didn't work for him because he was eating sugar foods while taking it. This is why I'm thinking that I'll need to pretty much stop eating anything sugary for two weeks. I'm not sure if VG contains sugary goodness for fungus to feed on though.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yeah, actually I won't stop vaping Andria, but I might give up on flavoured vaping and PG if it keeps on giving me problems. Which is unfortunate because I've just received a whole load of DIY supplies, scales, concentrates, the whole shabang :(

I'm currently back on my usual non flavoured VG, with AG based nicotine, on low wattage in my old kayfun, back to mouth to lung. It's non aggressive, no spitting, low heat and what I've been on for the past year and gives me the least amount of issues. Boring to say the least!, but it works and definitely keeps me off the cigarettes.

I'll get some probiotic, Andria thanks for the heads up. How much do you recommend I need to eat of it each day approximately?

By the way, something interesting I read about the particular cultures best for treating candida. Apparently, Lactobacillus Acidophilus is the best for treating Candida according to this
Should I Take Probiotics With Diflucan? | LIVESTRONG.COM
"When treating a yeast infection with Diflucan, you can get the probiotics you need by eating fermented food or taking supplements. Lactobacillus bacteria -- found in yogurt and kefir -- are more effective than bifidobacterium for treating candida. The National Institutes of Health recommends Lactobacillus acidophilus,"

I've looked at Activia ingredients which contain Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis. At my local supermarket, there is this other product with Lactobacillus Acidophilus. Perhaps it might be more beneficial for me? New Probiotic Low Fat Mango Yoghurt 450G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

I read somewhere else where someone said Flucanazole and Nystatin didn't work for him because he was eating sugar foods while taking it. This is why I'm thinking that I'll need to pretty much stop eating anything sugary for two weeks. I'm not sure if VG contains sugary goodness for fungus to feed on though.

ROFL... telling me to stop eating/drinking sugar would be about as effective as telling me not to smoke always was... NOT. NOT AT ALL. :D If you can find some yogurt with acidophilus, by all mean, choose that! I've just never been able to find it, which is why I used Activia. I think some buttermilk and/or goat's milk may contain it, if you can stand it -- I really can't. I'm thinking it would probably have to be unpasteurized, which may be why it's not findable in the US. I didn't go nuts with the Activia or anything; maybe a couple of the little plastic containers a day.

I really can't understand why flavors in your vape would cause it, if vaping unflavored works ok -- most flavors are PG based. MtL is the only way I ever vape, or ever will -- I need a replacement for smoking, not huffing. ;)

Andria

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015

I'd asked her about the possibility of acid reflux but she didn't think it was that and said if anything, she's leaning more towards candida than acid reflux. So then she asked if I'd like to try a course of Fluconazole and I jumped at the chance. One tablet a day for 14 days. I took the prescription to a late night pharmacist and bought them. View attachment 513431

Thank you again! Thank you so much for sharing these valuable information. The lab report, a microbiological test I am guessing, will provide straightforward clues regarding the presence of unattended microorganisms. In the land of mucosal area, bacteria flora compete for survival taking over the land, keeping a well balanced and healthy land for mutual well being... Competition means keeping away the harmful microorganism out of the land. When this balance is impaired, restoring it may be a challenge... AdriaD has good advice and I'm honestly clueless as to how to restore proper mucosal microorganism flora or even what a healthy buccal flora is made of. The antifungal treatment might help in combination with probiotics contained in yogurts like Acivia for instance. I eat the stinkiest french cheeses in the market, the worst one since I am little... and I love them with some baguette. My favorite snack. I was born and grew up in France though so I was contaminated in my Childhood. I am actually aging the cheese that I got here... don't try that though it takes some gut as everyone around wonder how I can swallow these stinky things.

Altogether, I don't see clues regarding the dry mouth issue that you are experiencing... unless it's related to the potential infection. If possible, check if you can be refereed to a specialist related to that field. You may be amazed how simple the solution can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread