Black Label concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffTM

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Chatsworth, CA
Hey Nick. I have to say, I was really really looking forward to the arrival of my five black label concentrates. They came today and I gave them all a sniff and have so far vaped a juice at 10% Marlbury. I got Marlbury, rich pipe, carmel, virginia gold, and cuban cigar.

I noticed they all have a "peppery" flavor to them that I noticed in a lot of FSUSA juices that I honestly didn't like. I've smelled all the others and the flavor I'm describing seems to overpower any of the other flavors. I'm a little disappointed because I REALLY wanted to like these. I've so far had excellent experiences with all TW juice. My favorite juice I've ever tried was the one that came in the prefilled cartridges for the Tornado (and I don't know what flavor that is... I'm assuming it's just TW Tobacco, which I can't find a concentrate of.). :(

I'm not sure what ingredient is giving this peppery taste, but are there any tobacco flavors that don't have it? Perhaps the red label ones? I have tremendous faith in you and have enjoyed everything I've tried of yours, but I can't seem to get past the cayenne peppery taste in these black label juices. Any suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
That peppery flavour is mainly down to the tobacco leaf oil - it's how most tobacco flavour ejuices taste. If anything, the Red Label juices are even more peppery. I have to confess I don't much like tobacco flavours myself any more - I liked smoking, but since my tastebuds have recovered, I just find I much prefer fruity and spicy juices to tobacco flavours.
So I'd advise trying some non-tobacco flavours - you may well be thinking you like tobacco, because you always did like tobacco. Because it was how you got your nicotine all those years as a smoker - and that's a powerful set of conditioning to overcome. But your taste buds may have moved on, and decided they actually don't like it now.

Oh, and FYI - the juice that comes with the titan and tornado starter kits is now available in bottles (it's the regular "Tobacco" flavour in the dropdown list.) Perhaps, if you liked that one, some of the other tobacco flavours in the Titan range may appeal too - worth a try :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I got Marlbury, rich pipe, carmel, virginia gold, and cuban cigar.

I noticed they all have a "peppery" flavor to them that I noticed in a lot of FSUSA juices that I honestly didn't like. Any suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Jeff, looks like you didn't get my favorite Black Label concentrate--the Real Tabs. I's a bit peppery, but a very nice tobacco blend. However, I make a very lightly flavored e-juice, maybe 5% concentrate. It's best when used sparingly. Have you tried diluting the flavors a bit more? I also like to mix my Black Tabs (just a drop or two) with other bland, sweetish tobacco e-liquids (sorry, Nick) to enhance (or cover up, when necessary :facepalm:) their flavor, with great success.

Last edited:

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Jeff, looks like you didn't get my favorite Black Label concentrate--the Real Tabs. I's a bit peppery, but a very nice tobacco blend. However, I make a very lightly flavored e-juice, maybe 5% concentrate. It's best when used sparingly. Have you tried diluting the flavors a bit more? I also like to mix my Black Tabs (just a drop or two) with other bland, sweetish tobacco e-liquids (sorry, Nick) to enhance (or cover up, when necessary :facepalm:) their flavor, with great success.

Don't be sorry :) Everyone's taste is different, which is why we're so committed to providing concentrates for all our flavours, and all the supplies you need to mix them exactly how you like them.
Experiment, and find out what works for you - it's the only way to find your "perfect vape". I'm quite convinced that there is a perfect vape out there for each and every one of us - though it's a different vape for everyone (and may well change from time to time.) So yes, mix with other juices, cut with different glycols, find ingredients wherever you can, and tweak it however you need it. Because only you know exactly how you want your juice to be. It's a serious responsibility, but also an opportunity - to aim for (and occasionally achieve) perfection ;)
Premixed juices are perfectly good if you're content with "off the peg" - but if you demand bespoke perfection, then I've always said, you owe it to yourself to get creative with the mixing :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just wanted to add a note - Nick, your one time favorite (perhaps still) - Lotus Flower is really showing well with the new Tornado(eGo)-Tank system. I DIY with Platinum Ice in VG, Aqueous Glycerin and your Lotus Flower concentrate to 11mg nic. Like all other flavors the tank doesn't give any off-taste at all for me and it is especially evident with Lotus... best it's tasted and it always was good.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
yep Kent, and one of my favourite DV flavours, habana reserve, does shine too on the tank system.

Ournature, HR is my #1 vape and it is also enhanced as are all other DV flavors - Lotus opened up a bit more.... In fact, other ejuices from other makers are also 'enhanced' and it also shows up defects in mixing and ingredients.... double edge sword...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread