Black Subtank Mini is leaking between the airflow adjustment ring. Anyone have experience with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjsweet

Jul 2, 2015
Heck it is worth a try anyhow....remove the base and the coil, wipe it off and blow into the chimney the coil mounts to, replace and see how it goes.

I will look into that. Also, unrelated question: how do I comment on certain posts? Some say "You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

I want to get involved.

mjsweet

Jul 2, 2015
What panorama said is a good choice. There are really only 2 points of failure on those for leaks - 1. The O rings that are underneath the glass or 2. where the coil/RBA seats into the AFC.

You need to post 5 times before you can get out of the new members section.

Thanks. I think it may be the OCC. There is no liquid below the o-rings.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
You should be clear to use other threads, you have 10 posts.....Even though all seems seated well and tight does not mean the seal is good, you can buy a 4 pack of colors of the seals to replace if one is bad or just want to change colors. Perhaps just dismantling the entire tank and reassemble it may help....who knows, it is a cheap fix if it does.

Reactions: mjsweet

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Juice leaks out air holes hear and there on my silver stm with dual airflow but i blow through it with all assembled and hold a paper towel or rag around two holes let it blow out wipe it clean and its fine...honestly everything i own tank or rda leaks a lil hear and there... vaping is dealing with crying hardware

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Did u make sure to twist the two metal parts tight to the glass i know some times mine feels a lil loose so i hold adj air flow and top where ur drip tip connects and tighten together spinning in opposite directions and it seals nicely i didnt see juice coming out but mine always had a greasy feeling as if it were leaking i adjusted my bottom o ring tightened as i said and works like a champ now if you have done this i am kind of lost as to whats next besides trying spare o rings that come with ur tank

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
OK I have come to learn this is a very common issue.. and this is the problem seal. Clean everything up and install the RBA and and see if it leaks and if it does not remove it and compare this seal to the OCC, see if you can notice any differences. Then just get a new OCC and give that one a whirl.
occ_1coil.jpg

mjsweet

Jul 2, 2015
OK I have come to learn this is a very common issue.. and this is the problem seal. Clean everything up and install the RBA and and see if it leaks and if it does not remove it and compare this seal to the OCC, see if you can notice any differences. Then just get a new OCC and give that one a whirl. View attachment 468395

This is what I'm thinking too. Thanks so much for your input on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread