Black vs. Stainless Steel mods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
For all you black or SS lovers out there which do you prefer in a mod, black or ss?

For me I prefer black because well black goes with anything and especially with SS tanks on black mods, the contrast looks nice with the black. I'm kinda against raw SS look because so many tank are SS and it's just too much "bling" for me...even colored tanks on SS just look boring to me unlike throwing them on a black mod where everything just pops.

Curious as to other ProVari user opinions on this...

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
For all you black or SS lovers out there which do you prefer in a mod, black or ss?

For me I prefer black because well black goes with anything and especially with SS tanks on black mods, the contrast looks nice with the black. I'm kinda against raw SS look because so many tank are SS and it's just too much "bling" for me...even colored tanks on SS just look boring to me unlike throwing them on a black mod where everything just pops.

Curious as to other ProVari user opinions on this...
I like satin silver and flat black. I simply cannot choose one over the other!

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Eh, after 7 years of vaping, all the ShinyShiny heavy metal I have accumulated over the years, still looks brand new. Drop it on cement? Buff out the scratch and polish it, presto! Whereas my stealthness with 93 coats of cera-coated-black-blackness-with-extra-blackness+ultra-finish = it'll chip and wear off, and within a year, you've got a mod that looks like it's a year old. Bottom cap? chipped and wearing, Kabuki tank in stealth? same. No impact on performance, but I haven't yet found a black/stealth that doesn't chip or scratch, whereas SS is kinda eternal. Though, if being pursued by zombie hordes you may wanna wrap it in black duct tape to keep the reflective shininess to a minimum. All that glitters, has a high refractive index.

Reactions: AstroTurf

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Eh, after 7 years of vaping, all the ShinyShiny heavy metal I have accumulated over the years, still looks brand new. Drop it on cement? Buff out the scratch and polish it, presto! Whereas my stealthness with 93 coats of cera-coated-black-blackness-with-extra-blackness+ultra-finish = it'll chip and wear off, and within a year, you've got a mod that looks like it's a year old. Bottom cap? chipped and wearing, Kabuki tank in stealth? same. No impact on performance, but I haven't yet found a black/stealth that doesn't chip or scratch, whereas SS is kinda eternal. Though, if being pursued by zombie hordes you may wanna wrap it in black duct tape to keep the reflective shininess to a minimum. All that glitters, has a high refractive index.
You tell me this now! (jk)
I have a Procyon Stealth on the way, that I fully expect to develop 'character' marks. Sort of like a black finish Leicaflex I used to own. Each mark was proof of 'usership'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread