'Blackstone' E-Liquid by Vapefab Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Hey folks! About a month back I came runner up for ECF's 15 millionth post competition :)
Luckily enough, I was given my first preference of prize which was VapeFab's complete line of Blackstone e-liquid. I decided that same day that the least I could do to pay them back for their generosity was to put some video and written reviews together and try and spread the word about their liquids. So far I have finished 3 x 30ml bottles and have 17 left to go lol..

I have made 3 reviews thus far and uploaded the first one today, I will be uploading more after trying them and editing the videos. Apologies in advance for the shocking video quality and the even worse editing hahaha, as you will be able to tell from the reviews I am quite new to this.

If anybody is looking around the market to purchase some premium quality juice in premium quality packaging I would definitely recommend giving Vapefab's 'Blackstone' line a crack based on my experience with it thus far. All 3 of the liquids I have tried so far have been pretty darn good and I doubt I will get disappointed with any of them even though some don't fall under the category of flavours that I am normally more orientated towards.
As an added bonus their customer service is lovely. I had the pleasure of dealing with Mo, who was very helpful when it came to organising the shipment. There were a few hindrances while trying to sort out the payment due to the liquid being sent as a prize and not a "regular" order but they were ironed out very quickly and Mo was always happy to help; although I have been lead to believe that any one of the employees would be just as considerate and helpful. :)

Anyways, without further ado. I am going to place a link to the video review in a comment below, along with a short written review for those of you who can't be bothered watching the video :)
I will be adding a link + review for every single one of the 20 different flavours as soon as they have been uploaded
The Blackstone Line can be found here: Blackstone

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Rohin

TLDR; I will be making written and video reviews for the entire line of the entire Blackstone line of liquids by VapeFab and posting them and the links as comments in this thread as I go.

Reactions: LisaR

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
1. Mackay

The first liquid that I have reviewed is called 'Mackay'.
Video Review:

Written Review:
This is a every so slightly sweet Apple and Tobacco flavour. I personally could not taste the creme on either the exhale or inhale but I suspect that it is what makes this such a smooth liquid as many of the tobaccos and apple flavours I have tried in the past have had rather harsh, dry feel. This is not the case with any of the 3 liquids I have tried from Vapefab thus far. They have all been very smooth which is what I prefer any day. Although it also could be because I vape at 3mg..
The apple is a well pronounced flavour and it literally tastes like you're eating a fresh apple off a tree. Probably why they say 'Crisp apple' on the flavour profile's section. The tobacco is subtle, yet sweet. All in all it makes for a very nice vape and this was definitely an ADV while it lasted. I give this one 5/5 stars. Will definitely buy more of this some time in the future. If shipping to Australia from the U.S. weren't so expensive I'd probably have already ordered more lol.

1 Star = Hate it, would not recommend
2 Star = Did not enjoy it
3 Star = Wasn't bad, wasn't great either
4 Star = Like it, you might love it
5 Star = Loved it, ADV

Thanks,

Rohin :)

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
2. Dreamer

Video Review:

Written Review:
This one is an apple pie flavoured that is perfectly balanced in every way. The apple could be slightly more prominent but it is there nevertheless and I have a feeling that if it were more of a stand-out flavour then it would ruin the overall profile of this liquid. As the Mackay was, this is extremely smooth and vapes brilliantly out of a tank, as it is meant to be vaped from and it tastes fantastic. :)
I myself DIY and have very little luck creating a nice apple pie flavour and this has made me re-examine even the best apple pie I've made and put it to shame hahaha
On the inhale you get pie crust and vanilla ice cream and on the exhale is a smooth apple mixed with a touch of caramel. It truly is of premium quality. For anyone sitting on the fence about buying it, I would say give it a crack! And perhaps a couple others too. :)
I give this one 5/5 stars also.

Just want to mention also that I am in no way affiliated with Vapefab and am not endorsed by them either. They showed me incredible generosity by donating these for the ECF prize draw and I am simply returning the favour by reviewing.

5 Star = Loved it, ADV

Thanks for reading! Have a lovely day

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
3. Insanity

Video Review:

Written Review:
I did not LOVE it, I definitely liked it a lot but that will be different for some, I have a feeling anyone who enjoys fruity/sweet vapes would thoroughly enjoy this one. It is a sweet (but not too sweet) vape that has a mild but fresh blueberry taste. I would have given it 5 stars if the blueberry were more prominent. It tastes halfway between a blueberry candy and a fresh blueberry. Very hard to describe. I do a better job in the video review ahahaha. It has a very nice mouthfeel and tastes delicious even though I'm not a fan of sweet liquids and was very hard to put down.
I give this one 4/5 stars. It would have been 5 had the blueberry been more of a highlight opposed to a background note. That being said it was very complex and the flavour profile might have totally changed if it were.

5 Star = Loved it, ADV

Happy vaping!

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
4. Buccaneer

Video Review:

Written Review:
This is quite clearly VapeFabs approach at an RY4 blend as the flavours on the label stated "Cured Tobacco - Tahitian Vanilla - Caramel". I did enjoy this liquid, however I did not love it and for me personally could never become an ADV simply because I found it too sweet for my liking. It's not sickeningly sweet, if it was I would not have been able to vape it at all, but it was just a tad too sweet for my liking. The flavour profile really changed as you increase and decrease wattage and the same goes for the airflow being opened or closed. With the airflow open it was a nice blend of vanilla/caramel but as you close off the airflow the tobacco literally jumps out of nowhere and jumps on to your tastebuds hahaha. The tobacco flavour to me tasted very similar to the tobacco used in Mackay which was a liquid I enjoyed very much as per the review above =)
I will be awarding this one 4/5 stars, it would have made the 5 star mark for me if it weren't so sweet but taste is very subjective and this could easily be an ADV for those other than myself.

5 Star = Loved it, ADV

Thank you to those reading. I'm just hoping someone is in fact reading these hahaha.

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
5. Utopia

Video Review:

Written Review:
This was a blend that took me by surprise, and not in the best way. My first impressions weren't great and although the flavour was complex, it still tasted like it was missing something so I went ahead and added 1% Koolada (TFA). This made the mix incredible and I have been finding it very hard to put down. The flavour profile listed on the label is "Honey - Melon - Crème" and it was definitely very true to the labelling. The problem with that for me is that I do not like eating warm fruits, nor do I enjoy vaping them.. and I only enjoy a warm vape - hence why I added the Koolada; this cooled the melon while still allowing me to enjoy a warm vape and it was very hard to put down thereafter. There is a floral note to the juice as somebody else pointed out to me and it is not a floral note that you dis-enjoy or want gone, but rather a floral note that I believe is intended by VapeFab to add to the complexity. It compliments the melon (honeydew I believe) and honey VERY well.
Before adding the koolada to this mix it only stood as a 3/5 star, but after adding koolada it deserved well and truly above 5/5 star.. but unfortunately the scale I have created only goes to 5 ;)
Koolada is something I believe every vaper should have in their arsenal in case they come across a mix they do not enjoy fully, it really can make all the difference at 1%

3 Star = Wasn't bad, wasn't great either (Out of the box)
5 Star = Loved it, ADV (With koolada added)

Bit of a mixed review this one, but nevertheless it is my honest opinion. =)

Thanks for reading guys and happy vaping!!

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
6. Captain

Video Review:

Written Review:
This is an ADV. Enough said.

Lol jks.

A mint chocolate like none other. I'm not even sure if the chocolate is a flavour that was intended or if it has somehow manifested as a result of the 5 months pre-steeping these received before reaching my hands but regardless IT IS BLOODY FANTASTIC!! I've had another mint chocolate liquid before by a local aussie vendor and it was good, but nothing like this. Captain is a perfectly balanced choc-mint that is teeming with flavour. I will be very sad to see it finish very soon.. :(
It tastes loads like this chocolate sandwich thing that we get in supermarkets here and although I'm not a fan of choc-mint foods OR vapes, I have thoroughly loved this. Its got the perfect amount of sweetness, the perfect amount of vanilla and caramel, and the perfect amount of mint (which is very little). At low wattages I get more of a chocolate/caramel taste and at high wattage I receive an absolutely spot on blend of all 3 (or 4) flavours, namely, as listed on the label: "Tahitian Vanilla - Peppermint Crème - Caramel". And I SWEAR there's some chocolate in there too but maybe it's just my head playing tricks on me LOL
As you can probably already guess, this one gets a solid 5/5 stars. If you are in the market for some premium liquid, and you give this one a miss... you are missing out.

5 Star = Loved it, ADV

Thanks for reading folks, stay happy, and stay safe ^_^

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
I've grown tired of writing reviews for each one so from here on out I will just be posting the video reviews, their rating and a short description.

7. Red White (Strawberry Cheesecake)
Creamy as all hell, slightly sweet, tangy strawberry. Just packed with general awesomeness.

5 Star = Loved it, ADV

ih8analogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
7. Zen (Honey Tea)

Really complex, there's a lot going on in this one but all I can pinpoint is honey, tea, citrus, and berries. Full bodied vape, many different notes both high and low and everything in between. Wasn't a fan of it at first but I came to love it. In the review I think I gave it 4/5 but after spending some more time with it, definitely deserved a 5/5

5 Star = Loved it, ADV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread