Blu Charger pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

epoch

Aug 24, 2009
Greetings!

I have purchased a Blu Cigs starter pack, and have received it via the mail. I charged the Blu pack (PCC I guess is the term) and then plugged a battery into it. Now, for a while the external LED blue light on the pack was solid, but after 15 minutes, the blue external LED began to flash periodically. Meaning the LED was off for a bit and then flashed blue, then off then blue etc.

The instructions say once the external LED light turns off, charging is complete for the battery. But I can't find anything regarding the periodic flash, and Blu CS hasn't answered my question regarding it yet.

Was wondering if anyone here could shed some insight?

Thanks for your time.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in newb forum

epoch

Aug 24, 2009
Heh, I received the package a few days after ordering it. I was surprised since their site said to expect 4 to 6 weeks, but I guess I benefited since both they and I are on the east coast. The problem is, I have viewed all vids on Blu's site, and progressed to youtube etc.

The instructions that came with the device said for the USB charger, when charging was complete the light would turn green. The quickstart guide said the light would turn blue. Inconsistancy aside, the light changed from red to blue back to red to blue etc after 2 hours.

So, after the PCC was charged (Blu Pack), I placed a battery into the charge port, which triggered the external LED to turn blue. But shortly afterwards, the external LED began to flash. Dark for a few seconds and then a blue quick flash. Repeat. The included guide says the LED will turn off when the charge is complete. Again, no mention of flashing.

I cannot find a reference for what this means, hopefully someone can shed some info.

Wait,are you saying you put a battery in,after charging the pack?
Im not sure Im getting you.
For me:
I put the battery in the PCC.
Plug it in.
Wait until the Blue light on the PCC flashes periodically.
This means mine is ready to go.
Is this what your talking about??
Rottingdeads a little tipsy,so forgive me if I sound ignorant!

epoch

Aug 24, 2009
Yes, I charged the PCC using the wall charger until the USB connector LED connected to the Wall charger went from blue to dark (which according to the vids means the PCC is done charging).

I then disconnected the Blu Pack from the wall charger and placed a battery in it. It activated the external blue LED on the PCC for a bit, which then began flashing periodically.

Are you saying the periodic flashing means the charge is complete?

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in newb forum

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
the usb charger will eventually turn blue and stay blue. I think when you get the switching from red to blue and back to red it is nearly at full charge. Again, Blu really needs to update their instructions rather than leave us guessing and filling in the blanks.

How do you like it so far? Today is my first full day without analogs and I'm doing it with the Blu only

misterME

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Charleston, SC - USA
The blue light on the outside of the pack is on when the e-cig battery is charging. It goes off once the charge is complete. But it will also drain the battery if the battery is left screwed in. Once a tiny bit has drained, it attempts to charge it again, which is why the light comes back on.

The trick is to unscrew the battery as soon as you see that blue light go out. This helps conserve the PCC power and battery longevity, and keeps that bright blue light from coming on intermittently.

epoch

Aug 24, 2009
Thank you all for your help, Blu has responded to answer the question. Here is there response:

Hello,

I am sorry for this issue you are having with these battery. [FONT="]You cannot easily see this but if you face the Battery Charger Pack towards you so that the lid opens away from you, this would be the “front” and midway down the left side of the Charger Pack is another, smaller blue LED indicator that will alternate between various states of illumination – here is what they mean:[/FONT]

[FONT="]Solid = means the Charger Pack is actively charging a battery[/FONT]
[FONT="]Blinking = Battery is charged and ready![/FONT]
[FONT="]Nothing = There is no battery currently being charged OR the battery can no longer take a charge OR there has been an error and chances are the battery is not screwed into place correctly. You will want to charge these batteries fully for 2 hours and the ultimate test to determine of they are working or not will be to blow into the tip of the battery, you want to be sure that the light on the end of the battery does come on when blowing into the tip. It should be solid for the amount of time your are blowing into the tip.
[/FONT]

So, the PCC blinking just means the battery is charged. Apparently the technology involved is beyond what their included instructions say. Hopefully this can help anyone who has the same question.[FONT="]
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread