1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Blu cig taste vs 510 taste

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by CollegeVapor, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CollegeVapor

CollegeVapor Full Member

alright well i got my 510 last week and i got my blu cig in the mail today... and i gotta say that the blu cig just tastes better... i mean i used the same eliquid in both (Johnson creek arctic mint) but the blu just generates a better overall taste lol... the vapor production is iffy but honestly id take a smaller amount of vapor vs a "burnt" taste anyday lol.... it makes me wonder if maybe blu just has a better atomizer... i tried screwing in the blu's atomizer to the 510 but it wasnt a perfect fit and i didnt wanna mess anything up so i kinda wimped outta trying :oops: lol...

PS: my only complaint so far w/ blu is that if i drag to hard i get a mouthfull of eliquid which is not cool :mad: lol... also since the battery is alot smaller its probablly not gonna last too long lol

2. Applejackson

Applejackson Super Member ECF Veteran

I've heard blu atrys are compatible w/510 batts. Give it a shot. You can also try 306 attys w/510's for cooler, stronger flavors w/less throat hit, but lots of vapor.

3. Bandit

Bandit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Long, slooooow and smooth light draws are the key to the Blu.

Now that you have the Blu, you can nearly DOUBLE the vapor, nearly 50% more flavor, and refillable carts if you ever decide to buy the Sidesho.

4. dragonpuff

dragonpuff Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Over the river and through the woods, Western NY
    I never get a "burnt" taste from my 510. I push the cart filler down a few mm so it doesn't touch the atomizer. Reduces overall capacity, but it's worth it for a better vape

5. LadyPamela

LadyPamela Senior Member ECF Veteran

Please, someone tell me that there is a flavor out there that actually tastes like tobacco!!! I got my Blu today, also ordered a 510, and I have tried the Classic Tobacco, Cherry, and now the Mint because I couldn't stand the other two!! I don't like menthol cigs much but, it's better than the other crap. I am sooooo disappointed. I want the taste of my Camel Lights that I quit 2 weeks ago!! :cry:

6. Bandit

Bandit Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The only way to truly simulate burning tobacco is to burn tobacco.

Atomizing liquid will never be the same.

I like the Marlboro from Truesmoker.com, it has a rich fullness that kind of simulates tobacco, but again... nothing will closely emulate true tobacco flavors.

I would suggest visiting a place like ecigsmokestore.com because if you find a flavor of something that you like (for instance, Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies)... Dawn mixes the flavor to a dead-on replication. Sooo many wonderful flavors out there. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, rum, banana, etc... so have fun with it!

7. dragonpuff

dragonpuff Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Over the river and through the woods, Western NY
    I like the Virginia flavor from rockymountainvapor.com, that's the closest thing i've come across to tobacco. It's not quite the same, but i find it quite tasty and it has a good throat kick.

8. LadyPamela

It tastes like hot metal. Maybe hot metal with a little bit of burnt oil.

That's the under taste of all of the flavors I have tried. Does it ever go away?

9. TnA

TnA Super Member ECF Veteran

Yes it does. The description you just gave sounds to me like you are tasting the primer that the atomizer is coated with from the factory to keep it moist during transition.

After you've managed to burn off that primer coating, you will be able to enjoy the flavor you are vaping.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you will also get that "hot metal" taste when your liquid runs dry. The two best indicators of needing to refill/replace/or top-off your cartridge is when your vapor production declines and/or the flavor you are vaping suddenly tastes mettalic or burnt.

Good luck and welcome to a better world. :)

10. Sad Society

Sad Society Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I used to smoke Malboro Lights and the only flavor I've tried so far is RY4. I like the RY4...it has a unique taste I can't explain. After awhile I've now gotten used to it and prefer it over tabacco taste. The flavor can still be harsh if you vape it right. But I like the harsh and good throat hit, just like the old analogs.

11. LadyPamela

I guess it is that way with a new atty too. I used the mint last night, even though I didn't like it much, and this morning I definately notice that the metal taste isn't as strong. I'm hoping that it will totally go away and I want to try the Classic Tobacco again.

12. CollegeVapor

CollegeVapor Full Member

I'm gonna try the 306 attys since you recommened them... i havent logged on in a few days lol (thurs-sun are always very thirsty :D)

13. AngusATAT

AngusATAT Captain Tightpants Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I find that blowing the primer out of an atty before you use it for the first time helps out a lot. I stick a rolled up piece of paper towel into the atty and blow it out from the battery side. When I can't get any more primer out this way, I turn it around and blow it out from the cart side. After I get everything out that I can, I put about 2 or three drops of juice on the atty bridge and let it sit for a half an hour. When I do this, I don't experience that nasty taste at all.

Just FYI. Your mileage may vary. :)

14. Kate33

Kate33 Full Member

I like the blu as well. And the green smoke cigar. Have you tasted the Luci?:confused:

15. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Moved On

Why would you want to go through that long, sloooooow hassle when there are plenty of ones that you don't have to do that?

16. mcl5000

mcl5000 Super Member ECF Veteran

If you're only getting a burnt taste from a 510, you're doing something wrong. I haven't tried a Blu, but vapor production is infinitely more important to me than flavor, as long as I can still taste what I'm vaping...which I can with a 510.

17. one_raven

one_raven Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have used Blu atomizers with my 510 battery.
    They work great with them.
    Make sure you do not try and charge a Blu battery with your 510 charger - it will blow. Trust me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.