Blu Cigs Refund - 30 day money back guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMMENTAL

Jul 14, 2010
Elmira, NY
Ok everyone. This thread is specifically to report how blu handles it's refund process. I have sent my blu in as per the instructions, with the special return form. I bought delivery confirmation to know exactly when it got there. The item was "attempted delivered" on the 17th. My original order date was the 18th of the previous month. That would make it within the range of the guarantee period. (Even though it's BS that it takes 2-3 weeks to recieve and the 30 days start when you ORDER!)

When the post office attempted delivery, they left a notice of the day and time it was attempted. Also, it instructed the recipient (blu) to pick it up from the post office with 15 days or it would be sent back. I'll continue to check the tracking info to see when they claim the package; andreply to this post once I recieve my refund. I'm curious to see if they will try to rip me off, so I'm posting this as either a warning, or a testimony. It's totally up to them what it ends up as.

I'm growing even more suspicous by reading thier return authorization form where it says that refunds may be rejected- or you could also recieve a partial refund- based on the decision of blu. Now, maybe I'm old-fashioned. But that doesn't seem like a hassle free 30 day money back guarantee as advertised. Oh well, we'll just wait and see what happens before drawing conclusions.

For all I know, they could pick it up tomorrow and refund all of my money the same day! lol

LMMENTAL

Jul 14, 2010
Elmira, NY
Here's the email that I just recieved. I had to email them yesterday to find out what what going on, but they did respond in a timely manner. They stated that my refund would be $35, without an explanation. I do know that this is probably the cost of the used Cartridges- which were very poor. But I squeezed out what was in them, and kept the spent carts- so it doesn't seem unfair. The e juice was the only great thing about blu, and that's because they recently struck a deal with JOHNSON'S CREEK- who in my opinion- is a top 3 smoke juice. Thier original is the perfect everyday e juice.

Dear Valued Customer,
Your refund has been processed. You will receive a credit in the amount of $34.95. This credit will be applied back to the originating account from which this debit was made within the next 5-7 business days.
For future reference & faster assistance, please feel free to contact us via phone, toll free at 1-888-207-4588. Our help desk operators are available 24/7 to assist you. This avoids the delay of waiting for return emails and allows us to resolve your issue immediately.

Thank You,

blu Cigs Billing Support
888-207-4588

ALL IN ALL, IF YOU ARE AN INFREQUENT VAPER WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT LOOKS- THEN JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU KNOW THAT THE 30 DAY COUNTDOWN STARTS THE MOMENT YOUR ORDER IS PLACED. NOT ONCE YOU GET IT, AS IT SHOULD BE!

LMMENTAL

Jul 14, 2010
Elmira, NY
At least they tease you with a "guarantee" I got a when you buy this you can always E-Bay it if you don't like it from SE.

Good thing I have found ways to like it and will just have to mod it a little on each pay day.

Doc

-----------------------
Yes, there are ways that you could get the blu working as it should. The problem is, that the manufacturer will void any warrantee if they come to believe you have done any of these things. Such as constantly direct dripping, or changing the filler material. I've decided that e cig technology just hasn't gone far enough to produce a heavy vaping device that's the size of a king size cigarette and uses an automatic switch. Maybe in the future.

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
ALL IN ALL, IF YOU ARE AN INFREQUENT VAPER WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT LOOKS- THEN JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU KNOW THAT THE 30 DAY COUNTDOWN STARTS THE MOMENT YOUR ORDER IS PLACED. NOT ONCE YOU GET IT, AS IT SHOULD BE!

At it should be?!? Wrong!! If you offer a 30 day guarantee, it should begin on delivery, not the order date. If they are out of stock for weeks, does that mean that your guarantee is out the window before you even receive the product? At the very least, they should start the countdown on the day shipped. That would still be BS, but not quite the same level of BS.

Personally, I would write and gripe about the partial refund. $25 is a lot for a few used carts. Maybe even file a complaint with the BBB, because that's crap. They are one of the big players and they specifically chose to offer their "guarantee" so they should be held to it without exception.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

Last edited:

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Elokin6 said:
At it should be?!? Wrong!! If you offer a 30 day guarantee, it should begin on delivery, not the order date. If they are out of stock for weeks, does that mean that your guarantee is out the window before you even receive the product? At the very least, they should start the countdown on the day shipped. That would still be BS, but not quite the same level of BS.

Personally, I would write and gripe about the partial refund. $25 is a lot for a few used carts. Maybe even file a complaint with the BBB, because that's crap. They are one of the big players and they specifically chose to offer their "guarantee" so they should be held to it without exception.

Hope you have better luck in the future.
Pretty sure the OP meant "as it should be" to be the day you recieve it. Read it again. Also even if you use only one cart out of the 25 they send in the "carton" you're screwed. They sure have figured out a way to screw customers over with the "you can only buy 25 at a time" thing, since it's a package deal if you use one it's no good to them. Those .......s!

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
Pretty sure the OP meant "as it should be" to be the day you recieve it. Read it again. Also even if you use only one cart out of the 25 they send in the "carton" you're screwed. They sure have figured out a way to screw customers over with the "you can only buy 25 at a time" thing, since it's a package deal if you use one it's no good to them. Those .......s!

The OP didn't say "as it should be." He was quoting Blu's email to him. I guess I should have made that more clear in my quote.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
This is what the site says......
"NOTE: All refund requests MUST be accompanied by a RMA form, be received within 30 days from the date of the original order, and include all items from the original order. We reserve the right to refuse any refund or to issue a partial refund for any request that does not meet these requirements. We recommend that you return your order via traceable mail as we do not take any responsibility for undelivered returns."

If your sure you meet the requirements...I'd call and raise a little hell.
If this is over you being two days over the 30 day limit...I still call.

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
If your sure you meet the requirements...I'd call and raise a little hell.
If this is over you being two days over the 30 day limit...I still call.

I'd call and gripe too. What's the worst they can do, say no? Just be nice to the CS agent, it's not their fault that their company has stupid policies. I was a gate agent for an airline, so I know all about that :rolleyes:

whisternefet

Oct 14, 2010
Seattle
Their customer service is some of the worst I've ever seen. They never issued me a refund, even though I sent it back the day I received it because the item was defective. They claim to never have received the item, which is complete BS. So I lose the cost of the item, twice the cost of shipping and I get the finger from blu, whose claims of not receiving the item are complete crap. I only hope that I can at least feel better about the experience by warning anyone I can not to buy anything from these sheisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread