Blu starter kit issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmans

Nov 23, 2014
I recently decided to try e cigs and picked up a disposable blu. It was pretty nice so i decided to pick up the starter kit. I took it home and began charging the case. while i was bored i noticed that the booklet claimed that the batteries retained some factory charge. I attached a cart to one and attempted to take a drag only to find that the LED did not light up. I tried both batteries to no avail. After the pack was charged i attempted to charge the batteries, however every time i put one into the case the red light would flicker a few times periodically then go out. This happened with both batteries. Even after leaving the battery in over night it still doesn't work.

Well I returned the whole deal to the gas staton and they exchanged it for another one. I just charged the case and i'm still having the same problem. this time the red light will stay solid like it should for a few seconds before flickering again.

Am I doing something wrong? these things aren't rocket science. I can't find any info on the red flickering light. Could the whole batch at the gas station be defective? I really don't want to have to deal with RMAing it and at this point I wouldn't mind getting my money back.

JetLiOrigami

Nov 22, 2014
USA
My guess they have been sitting in the store too long. If you're dead set on getting a Blu kit I would go to their website and order direct. They also have a new cartridge that is a type of "mini" tank inside thats supposed to be 10 fold better than any cig-a-like out there. But your options are endless and Blu in my opinion is down towards the bottom of the pack.

dmans

Nov 23, 2014
I am new to e-cigs and i just wanted something relatively cheap to see how they are. the whole case thing seemed pretty nice and the advertising.. THE ADVERTISING! If it really is for me then I will look into better options down the road.

I contaced their support and they are going to send me new batteries. Of course they are out of black ones currently so I'll be waiting 2-3 weeks to get them. I might go into the store and ask for a refund or something, waiting 3 weeks is a bit long to try something.

KC1BLE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Concord
I so hate it when I see things like this happen. I know a couple of people that have tried different gas station ecigs only to have them not work. They gave up on the whole idea and are still using analogs. Vaping is a great alternative to analogs and if it worked so easily for me to get off the analogs, it will work for anyone that gives it a try, Don't give up dmans, find one that works and works well and you will like it. :vapor:

I wish manufacturers would put some sort of expiration date on the packaging or something. Many of these do sit on the shelves for years and the batteries cannot take it. Sorry, my mini rant is over.

NightSky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
California
I am new to e-cigs and i just wanted something relatively cheap to see how they are. the whole case thing seemed pretty nice and the advertising.. THE ADVERTISING! If it really is for me then I will look into better options down the road.

I contaced their support and they are going to send me new batteries. Of course they are out of black ones currently so I'll be waiting 2-3 weeks to get them. I might go into the store and ask for a refund or something, waiting 3 weeks is a bit long to try something.

While you're waiting pick up a "real" starter kit. An ego battery, clearomizer, charger (all 3 usually come together) and some some ejuice. Its far from a "nice" setup but its still a nice step up from cigarettes and blu. The first one I picked up cost like $15.00 online, I saw starter kits at my gas station for $23.00 the other day. They're not hard to find!

MrsMojoRisin

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
I agree with NightSky, my husband smoked the Blu's for a little over a year and had nothing but problems with them. He switched to the eGo batteries with a kanger mini protank 2 and loved it. I was so jealous I threw out my V2 cigalike ecigs I smoked for about 2 years and got my own setup. Both of us have not looked back and I just bought my first Mech Mod yesterday. Your choices are almost limitless when you make the switch.

dmans

Nov 23, 2014
In the mean time I decided to try the Vuse kits. They seem pretty decent for the price, however one of the batteries i bought seems to only hold a charge for an hour or two. After dropping around $100 on this stuff since the weekend I think I'm just going to head to the Vapor store nearby and look into getting a proper setup. I really do enjoy vaping over smoking normal cigarettes (and so does my non-smoking girlfriend XD). I've dumped far more money into this than i would have liked so I would like to spend less than $60 on a solid kit.

Any info on products I should look into while browsing would be greatly appreciated. I suppose I have some guides/videos to watch on getting into vaping XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread