Blue Raspberry Flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Vanilla Bourbon adds a "fizz" like quality to a mix along with the vanilla notes. The Blueberry Natural will give you the blueberry without the sweet. The Sweet Raspberry tends to overwhelm the mix, hence the high percentage of VB. The SR also gives enough sweetness to the entire mixbb so that no other sweetener is needed. The BC adds more vanilla but you could replace it with Whipped Cream if the vanilla is too much.

bump for possible new blue raspberry recipies. also bump because i dont understand what the bourbon does in a blue raspberry mix. care to explain, Boomer? or perhaps describe how you landed on bourbon at 6%.

dont get me wrong, i like bourbon. i just dont understand how it fits in on a blueraspberry juice. or maybe it supposed to taste like blue raspberry bourbon? please help. thx.

:)

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I made a thread about this a while back, try the search here! I got a few interesting responses. 1 good one that I found (premix) was from ECBlends. Its called TKO. I liked it... But I did ruin mine with the SOUR SHOT flavor enhancer. I guess a lot of people had problems with the sour flavor shot making it a bit too harsh on the throat... So ECB actually gave out a massive refund to everyone whom had ordered TKO from the batch that I had ordered. (lucky me! haha) They gave me enough for a 30ml bottle and then another smaller bottle of something of my choosing. They were very very kind about it. I do recommend you try it. I think it is getting some good reviews lately, so I know its good to go now. I think they were making it just a wee bit too light on the flavor, expecting most people to check the "add extra flavor shot" box. But, because blue raspberry is such a popular flavor, and it is also a flavor that tempts a lot of ppl to check the Sour Shot box, i'm guessing their batch got bad reviews since the sour shot takes even more flavor from the base mix.. and the froggy throat hit that the sour shot can add, wasn't masked well because the flavor was too light. The sour shot made it a bit too harsh on the throat, and the flavor was almost as faint as it would be if you were kissing a cute girl that had just had a blue raspberry lolly pop... Leaves you wanting more. ;) hehe.

But as far as I know (I haven't ordered my replacement yet, but I plan to) it is good now! They added to the flavor and everyone seems to be happy with their replacements. :) ECBlend is such a KIND company. They really are. You get a sample of whatever juice the e-liquid crafters are creating/proud of at the time of your order.. AND they throw you 2-3 "share with friends" drip tip condoms! :) Which is awesome, because I do like to share with friends, and I always worry that my drip tip will be dirty when I pass it over. With the opaque drip tip condoms they include in your order, you can just pop it over your drip tip and ur friends will never see the driptip at all. Pretty cool. Its nice of them to include two different freebie items with your 1st order. I wish I could salvage whats left of the sour shot TKO I ordered, I still have 3 quarters of my 30mil bottle with me right now... But, I just cant seem to choke down the sour shot. Im almost positive thats what the problem was... The sour shot. I even tried adding PG/VG and some raspberry flaoring to the bottle, to dilute the sour shot... NO DICE! I can't seem to mask the froggy throat hit that it produces. But, I recommend you try the new formula if your interested. Its 1 of the only Blue Rasp flavors that I've found offered by a reputable dealer. All others are either from a very shady looking website/vendor, or, I have found 1-2 that are WAY overpriced.. Or, I think I found a couple that are "compared to" blue rasp, but, they aren't blue raspberry candy... They have other things in it. Like "ROCKIN' BLUE RASPBERRY GREEN TEA!" haha.

I think that a very well established vendor does offer blue raspberry... but... ECF blocks their link, for good reason as far as I know. :/ Other than what I've provided here.. I don't think the thread I made had too many more suggestions. I think it got a few more of the Blue Raspberry + something else with it. Like, I think RAWRvapor has a bluerasp, but they put an energy/B complex vitamin in with it I guess? I think I read something like that? Idk. Do a little search! Good luck! Def think about trying TKO! :)

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I made a thread about this a while back, try the search here! I got a few interesting responses. 1 good one that I found (premix) was from ECBlends. Its called TKO. I liked it... But I did ruin mine with the SOUR SHOT flavor enhancer. I guess a lot of people had problems with the sour flavor shot making it a bit too harsh on the throat... So ECB actually gave out a massive refund to everyone whom had ordered TKO from the batch that I had ordered. (lucky me! haha) They gave me enough for a 30ml bottle and then another smaller bottle of something of my choosing. They were very very kind about it. I do recommend you try it. I think it is getting some good reviews lately, so I know its good to go now. I think they were making it just a wee bit too light on the flavor, expecting most people to check the "add extra flavor shot" box. But, because blue raspberry is such a popular flavor, and it is also a flavor that tempts a lot of ppl to check the Sour Shot box, i'm guessing their batch got bad reviews since the sour shot takes even more flavor from the base mix.. and the froggy throat hit that the sour shot can add, wasn't masked well because the flavor was too light. The sour shot made it a bit too harsh on the throat, and the flavor was almost as faint as it would be if you were kissing a cute girl that had just had a blue raspberry lolly pop... Leaves you wanting more. ;) hehe.

But as far as I know (I haven't ordered my replacement yet, but I plan to) it is good now! They added to the flavor and everyone seems to be happy with their replacements. :) ECBlend is such a KIND company. They really are. You get a sample of whatever juice the e-liquid crafters are creating/proud of at the time of your order.. AND they throw you 2-3 "share with friends" drip tip condoms! :) Which is awesome, because I do like to share with friends, and I always worry that my drip tip will be dirty when I pass it over. With the opaque drip tip condoms they include in your order, you can just pop it over your drip tip and ur friends will never see the driptip at all. Pretty cool. Its nice of them to include two different freebie items with your 1st order. I wish I could salvage whats left of the sour shot TKO I ordered, I still have 3 quarters of my 30mil bottle with me right now... But, I just cant seem to choke down the sour shot. Im almost positive thats what the problem was... The sour shot. I even tried adding PG/VG and some raspberry flaoring to the bottle, to dilute the sour shot... NO DICE! I can't seem to mask the froggy throat hit that it produces. But, I recommend you try the new formula if your interested. Its 1 of the only Blue Rasp flavors that I've found offered by a reputable dealer. All others are either from a very shady looking website/vendor, or, I have found 1-2 that are WAY overpriced.. Or, I think I found a couple that are "compared to" blue rasp, but, they aren't blue raspberry candy... They have other things in it. Like "ROCKIN' BLUE RASPBERRY GREEN TEA!" haha.

I think that a very well established vendor does offer blue raspberry... but... ECF blocks their link, for good reason as far as I know. :/ Other than what I've provided here.. I don't think the thread I made had too many more suggestions. I think it got a few more of the Blue Raspberry + something else with it. Like, I think RAWRvapor has a bluerasp, but they put an energy/B complex vitamin in with it I guess? I think I read something like that? Idk. Do a little search! Good luck! Def think about trying TKO! :)

first off, thanks for the search idea. i usually do search for my topic before posting. this time it must have slipped my mind.

when you say ECBlends gave you "enough for a 30ml bottle" do you mean they have TKO concentrated flavoring or did they maybe send you double flavor strength e-liquid? i cant seem to find flavorings on their site.
the light flavor does sound a little depressing, but sounds like youre confident that kink has been worked out. great analogy btw.

as far as the super sour note, i probably would have been fine with that lol. i know im in the minority, but my tolerance for sour is through the roof. when i first discovered sour drops, i was putting them in almost everything- up to 10 drops per ml, lol. this was 10% malic acid in PG. ive since noticed that TFA has upped the percentage, doubled it actually. but anyway yeah i really dig the sour, and the TH from it is pretty awesome IMO. disclaimer: i am also a TH junkie. surprise surprise.

i might skip ECBlends although i do really appreciate your response. ive got lots of vendor juices and i really want to get better at DIY. there is one vendor i will always order from (NLV), but other than that, im really liking my DIY hobby.

oh and i did find the blueraspberry from the "other" vendor you mention. JV, i beleive. i had a hunch it was them and yep, theyve got a blue razz. they even use the same photo that ECBlends uses. but again, same thing- with the DIY. but im sure id like it as i really like Ecto Plasma and Blue Happiness.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Oh no, I meant they gave me enough money in my account for another 30ml bottle and then a bit more for a small sample sized bottle of something else. Funnily enough, its not enough to pay for the 30ml replacement bottle + shipping haha, but thats fine. I think I will order my new bottle of TKO tonight and I'll let you know how they have improved upon the flavor. Unfortunately, the TH from the TKO sour that I had ordered, wasn't great. I am a huuge TH junkie as well... But, this stuff just didn't hit the spot. When I say it was a bit harsh on the throat, I mean it was strangely harsh in that it gave me a cough reflex, but it did not punch my throat like a good TH juice should. The TH from this was more, an irritation. It wasn't a nice crisp punch, it was a soft, light burn, and it tickled the back of my throat like no other juice I've tried has done. I think that is a result of whatever they used for their sour shot, though I could be wrong. It was like inhaling low mg PG mixed with thick white chemical smoke, perhaps? It didn't have a good TH at all, & on top of that, it tickled my throat wrong. It was very disappointing, but, ECB was kind enough to refund me and everyone else that found it to be a sub-par juice. I am definitely excited to try the new version they have out. I'm hoping its a nice rich blue raspberry candy. :) I think I am going to try it with the extra flavor shot this time, just to make sure its got that good strong candy flavor Im hoping for.

Your correct about the 'other' vendor... I don't think I'd want to order from there, from what I've heard of them. Thats a terrible, disgusting crime. But, who knows. Even if I hadn't heard what I did about them.. Their prices are ridiculous for someone that makes as little money as me. I'd definitely cringe when it was time to check out for what they are asking. Those prices are just silly. But, Blue Raspberry is one juice that I am definitely *determined* to have perm. in my stash, so, who knows? I may end up trying it, if I absolutely cannot find it anywhere else. I do love to DIY, but I buy concentrates of premixes, I don't create. So I don't think I would buy up everything it takes to create a blue razz. I do have a tasty raspberry juice that I got from HouseOfVapor... But it tastes more like a raspberry candy, than a blue raspberry candy, unfortunately. I'm going to subscribe to this thread tho. Thx for making it!

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Oh no, I meant they gave me enough money in my account for another 30ml bottle and then a bit more for a small sample sized bottle of something else. Funnily enough, its not enough to pay for the 30ml replacement bottle + shipping haha, but thats fine. I think I will order my new bottle of TKO tonight and I'll let you know how they have improved upon the flavor. Unfortunately, the TH from the TKO sour that I had ordered, wasn't great. I am a huuge TH junkie as well... But, this stuff just didn't hit the spot. When I say it was a bit harsh on the throat, I mean it was strangely harsh in that it gave me a cough reflex, but it did not punch my throat like a good TH juice should. The TH from this was more, an irritation. It wasn't a nice crisp punch, it was a soft, light burn, and it tickled the back of my throat like no other juice I've tried has done. I think that is a result of whatever they used for their sour shot, though I could be wrong. It was like inhaling low mg PG mixed with thick white chemical smoke, perhaps? It didn't have a good TH at all, & on top of that, it tickled my throat wrong. It was very disappointing, but, ECB was kind enough to refund me and everyone else that found it to be a sub-par juice. I am definitely excited to try the new version they have out. I'm hoping its a nice rich blue raspberry candy. :) I think I am going to try it with the extra flavor shot this time, just to make sure its got that good strong candy flavor Im hoping for.

Your correct about the 'other' vendor... I don't think I'd want to order from there, from what I've heard of them. Thats a terrible, disgusting crime. But, who knows. Even if I hadn't heard what I did about them.. Their prices are ridiculous for someone that makes as little money as me. I'd definitely cringe when it was time to check out for what they are asking. Those prices are just silly. But, Blue Raspberry is one juice that I am definitely *determined* to have perm. in my stash, so, who knows? I may end up trying it, if I absolutely cannot find it anywhere else. I do love to DIY, but I buy concentrates of premixes, I don't create. So I don't think I would buy up everything it takes to create a blue razz. I do have a tasty raspberry juice that I got from HouseOfVapor... But it tastes more like a raspberry candy, than a blue raspberry candy, unfortunately. I'm going to subscribe to this thread tho. Thx for making it!

Ohhhhh, ok i gotcha. now i know what you mean. and thats a bummer about the TH. the sour TH is weird, i agree. if there is enough nicotine TH to balance it, im good but that doesnt sound like its the case with TKO.
good to hear that you are a TH junkie as well. and from what i recall, you are also into gennys. im thinking that if blue razz in general ends up being a too low on the TH, the genny will solve that. hopefully.

and yep, im an in NO rush to be ordering from JV. unspeakable crime. i havent followed up to see if he was found guilty, but the stigma attached is enough to repel me forever. and yeah, the prices are stupid. they did lower the prices recently, but not enough. not to where its worth it on either basis. especially seeign how im getting more and more into DIY.

Oh, and for what its worth, i think making blue razz wont be that hard. i mean, Boomerdude has a nice looking recipe that he posted here, so does Leslv, and so does that person who posted in your thread.

but seeing how youre not shy to get some vendor blue razz, im gonna go ahead and recommend the jucie that got me started on this whole crusade. Its Quick Nic Juice - Blueberry. beleive it or not, its just called blueberry, but guess what it tastes like......blue razz! seriously. its nuts how close it is to being blue razz. this is what got my wheels turning, hoping to at least find the base flavoring thats used. im hopeful that its a single TFA flavoring, as lots of their other flavors suggest. take a look at their flavor names and youll know what i mean.

im happy to have made this thread. thanks to everyone whos been posting. lets keep the ideas flowing :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread