Bobas bounty and Gorilla juice really that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
Boba's to me is oatmeal-raisin cookies. It has great throat hit(especially for a 100% VG juice) and the vapor is crazy. But like many others here it got tiresome after a while. I still break it out occasionally. Very occasionally;)

A bit confused by the comment here. Upon visiting AVE's web site Boba's doesn't seem to be an all VG juice as different bases of VG and PG or mixes of the two seem to be available. Is this a recent change?

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've had similar experience with Bounty Hunter...lot's of people rave about it, but not to my taste at all. I do agree with many that it has a toasted marshmallow cereal (think lucky charms) flavor, which I didn't care for too much.

Anyone care to trade for my 30mL bottle, which has about 25 mL left?

:)

Carbon

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
Obviously I'm confused or there is some misrepresentation going on. Upon recheck, you are correct Alien Visions site does say that Boba's Bounty is 100% PG free. But - the confusion - Alien Vapor's site lists Boba's Bounty as one of their products and selection of base is seemly possible. Alien Vapor also lists Gorilla Juice as a selection that is available. (Site of Alien Vapor is avejuice.com)

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Well dog my cats. Chinese hardware PV knock-offs are par for the course, and seemingly an inevitable part of the competitive multi-national landscape of vaping, but juice vendor knock-offs??? That's a new one on me, and as blatant a rip-off as I can imagine.

I guess this young industry is now producing enough revenue to attract scammers and con artists. Assuming that Alien Visions has lawyers, perhaps they will be interested in pursuing some litigation against Alien Vapor, or at least slapping them with a court order to cease-and-desist.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
Alien Vapors is not somewhere you want to buy juice from. That juice is not Boba's Bounty, it's a scam.

Not disagreeing at all. Don't know if this will copy but the Alien Vapor (not Alien Visions) used this to identify the product:

It didn't copy.

But the depiction was an out of focus guy in a space suit - quite similar to Alien Visions picture used on their product.

sugarlily

Nov 19, 2012
IL
My boyfriend and I ordered both flavors due to all the hype when we were still looking for are all day vapes. We both could not stand them but when we ended up getting variable voltage devices we decided to give our kits away to friends of ours they loved the flavors so much so we gave them the 18 ml bottles of them and they now quit smoking as well!!! We started this in October and recently after purchasing tons of different e liquid we finally found our favorite site and are favorite all day vapes. I will say that I did learn from this that its very hard to go by the reviews every flavor I tried that was very popular I didn't like. I just buy from highbrow now and my boyfriend and sister do as well but my boyfriend also likes virgin vapors.
Sugar

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Never tried gorilla juice. Not much of a fan for other banana flavors.

I have a bottle of Boba's. Tried it unsteeped. Yuchhh! Allowed it to steep a couple of weeks. Tolerable, but not something that I would want to vape more than 5 minutes. I get a honey grahm cracker flavor. Never cared for the cracker as a child nor as an adult. I pull it out every once in a blue moon, vape it for the obligatory 5 minutes, and put it away again.

I will say, this is some thick juice. My two hole pre-punched cartos couldn't keep up, and even after punching three holes and watering it down, it still clogs the polyfill after half a tank's worth. Glad it's not one of my favorite flavors.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Obviously I'm confused or there is some misrepresentation going on. Upon recheck, you are correct Alien Visions site does say that Boba's Bounty is 100% PG free. But - the confusion - Alien Vapor's site lists Boba's Bounty as one of their products and selection of base is seemly possible. Alien Vapor also lists Gorilla Juice as a selection that is available. (Site of Alien Vapor is avejuice.com)

avejuice.com comes up alien visions for me. It is alienvapor.com that is the phoney Boba's and phoney Gorilla Juice.

Last edited:

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
avejuice.com comes up alien visions for me. It is alienvapor.com that is the phoney Boba's and phoney Gorilla Juice.

Dang - I think your right. Double confusion on this one. My bad. But I guess you confirmed that I didn't imagine the "other guy". Of course, I'm now wondering if the two BBs from the different sources have any similarity.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Dang - I think your right. Double confusion on this one. My bad. But I guess you confirmed that I didn't imagine the "other guy". Of course, I'm now wondering if the two BBs from the different sources have any similarity.

I've never tried the Alien Vapors versions, but no one that I've ever talked to that has, has ever said anything other than "ICK"!.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
Well, wondering, thought I'd look on ECF for other posts that might have some information about comparisons of the two Boba's. Found this one started by hrtim in September that described what he thought of Alien Vapors' BB. This is extracted from his post:
After hearing all the good things about Boba's Bounty, I decided I just had to try it out.
My all day vape is called "Primo" from All About Vapor in Round Rock, TX. They are a rapidly expanding custom mix shop and are always busy. I have been told the Primo is their version of BB. I can't say for sure.

Anyway, I ordered30ml of BB from AVE back on Aug. 26th and received it a few days later. IT came in a blue capped bottle with it's born on date and other info on the label.
Everything looks good except that I noticed that it actually came from Alien Vapor, not Alien Vision. Are these the same companies?

To my taste, it is putridly awful. My wife says it smells bad. Something like rotten strawberries. When I vape my Primo, I get lots of "that smells really good" responses.

Trying to sleuth this thing out to see if I got a counterfeit juice, I tried logging on to Alien Vapor's site and they say they have never heard of me. The same with Alien Vision.

Alien Vapor doesn't even list Boba's in their product line.

The above came from the thread tiitled "Boba's from the twilight zone"

But don't understand the comment that "Alien Vapor doesn't even list Boba's ...". More confusion on my part.

Got my refill of GJ today and ordered some Havana Gold with it.... Can I just say that the Havana Gold is absolutely best vape, I've personally encountered!!

But don't tell anyone because, I need to order some more, its mine ALL MINE!!!!

I ordered every flavor of tobacco from Alien Visions, and by far Havana Gold was my favorite. Will I reorder it?...I'm not sure, as I've found many more tobaccos I like better. The flavor is a little too light for me, even with a flavor bump. But Havana Gold is quite good! I vape 100% VG due to a PG allergy, but I gotta admit, Alien Visions VG produces very thick vapor! I prefer Highbrow and HHV tobaccos and they have become my go-to vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread