Bobas bounty and Gorilla juice really that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
And a bit more. This is a post from Porphy (who seems to be affiliated with alien Visions) at 9/21/12 in a thread titled "Okay, time's up! Where are you guys!!!!":

It's official: Alien Vapors is NOT the real deal. We ordered some samples from them and these are not the droids you are looking for. The Gorilla Juice is water-thin, yellow, and smells like banana on top of generic "walnut" Chinese Marlboro flavor. As for Boba's it looks like they've taken the reviews and tried to recreate the Boba's Bounty. It smells of Caramel, sweetener, and 555 (if I had to guess... and I'm pretty damn good at this), basically far far from the actual recipe/taste... but they did get the color close.

vaping-wise:

Their GJ - near flavorless with a hint of banana on the exhale, light vapor, overall "meh"
Their Boba's - Caramel, chocolate, hazlenut aroma, flavor 0 (zero), vapor horribad.

Feel free to buy some and review it yourself. I'm certain these will not be taking customers away. The only issue is letting folks know these guys are not affiliated with us and are using the name and descriptions to fool people.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
And a bit more. This is a post from Porphy (who seems to be affiliated with Alien Visions) at 9/21/12 in a thread titled "Okay, time's up! Where are you guys!!!!":

Yes, Porphy is Ben, who is the owner of Alien Visions - the real creator of Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice. Christie who also sometimes posts is his wife.

Actually, I'm surprised the other place still is marketing the fake one. For some reason I thought he had ceased.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
My favorite from Ave is Hype, followed very close by Craveloupe and Christys Cappucino.

Ive tried both Bobas and Gorilla Juice and while they arent my daily vapes Ive yet to sample a bad juice from this supplier and Ive been vaping off and for over 3 years.

One other thing that Bobas and GJ have going for them is the amount of vapor produced. "Lush" is an understatement with both of these liquids. Closest thing Ive ever found to the "weight" of the smoke from a Marlboro Light if that makes any sense.

kh3ll

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Indiana. US
I just received a 30ml bottle of GJ and BB. I definitly like the GJ better as it isn't as sweet (Both of these are without steep). The BB is ok but neither will ever be duration vapes for me. I can handle a few minutes of them but then i have to switch back to old faithful HHV tobacco's.

BB = Graham Crackers
GJ = Graham Crackers & Bananas

tokenfemale

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
San Francisco
I love love LOVE Boba's. It tastes very different at different voltages, which I think keeps me using it more, it tastes very different at work out of a clearo than at home on a dripping atty. May I never ever ever run out of Boba's.

Gorilla Juice isn't bad. I prefer it to 90% of the juice out there, but it doesn't have the same "OMG MUST VAPE MORE" flavor that Boba's does. It does have the same mouth/throat feel that I love, though.

Hype is also yummy, as is their English Toffee. I dunno how they get so much flavor into such a teeny juice :)

My next order is going to include a bunch of samples of Christy's Capp, Bees Knees and more....I'm totally impressed with everything AVE so far.

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
For 2011 Boba's was polled as the #2 favorite and for 2012 it'll likely be in the top 5 again. That say's something. Yes taste is subjective and will vary a bit from day to day. Boba's is a quality juice that is easily in a lot of folks rotation. ya can't always rely on reviews but polls don't lie (much). Anyway it is a must try even if it's just 6 or 12 mls. As far as Alien Vapors rip off, how rude! If something (God forbid) should happen to Ben and his, I hope they got the receipe where somebody can find it. I truly miss their; well I'm not gonna say the name less I start jonesing for it again.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I want to try these two, what are my considerations on tanks, cartos, atomizers, etc on a 100% VG juice? Is there no 50/50 option?

Nope on the 50/50 you'd cut vapor production in half and its a prime selling point on AVE juices.

That being said, I use a carto tank with pre-punched Smokteks with 2 holes and they work fine for higher vg juices. Id stay away from clearos (including ViVi Novas) with these as they can mute the flavor a lot.

Up1tree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
SoCal, USA
I want to try these two, what are my considerations on tanks, cartos, atomizers, etc on a 100% VG juice? Is there no 50/50 option?
I think there is some distilled? water in it? I really do forget if that is what it was. But it was a juice I nursed meaning I had a lot of patience working with it. My carto did look like caramel candy at the end of the day. lol It's not for everybody but a lot of people like it thus I guess we just deal with it being VG. I normally vape 70/30.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
It's hard to convince others what a particular juice tastes like. I just recently tried Boba's Bounty, and it tasted different with each exhale. For a while I was getting brownies and pipe tobacco. Then I got prunes and pipe tobacco. Then it switched to something else undefinable by my taste buds.

I think it was gthompson who said it best: just because a particular juice is popular doesn't mean it's good... for you at least.

After trying Boba's Bounty, there's nothing about it that makes me want to go buy it. It was OK in my opinion. Nothing to freak out about.

Haven't tried Gorilla Juice, but I hear it's just a banana and pipe tobacco blend.

fe_chef

Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Bay Area
yes they are that good... but i can see why they aren't everyone's cup of tea

i actually don't get much out of bobas unless i'm dripping it in my A7 / igoL / 901 LR empiremod attys... if i have it in the vivi it is just way too muted and in cartos i get a really funky taste

gorilla juice is sucha strong flavor that it works pretty well in clearos (that tangy tobaccoy banana really pops). dripped it can be a bit intense on the palette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread