Boge Cartos - did I get duds, or am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
This is after 4 days of use. EW! >.<
2pqooxw.jpg

GinnyDragon54

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Beloit, KS
Are you using the same juices that you were getting the longer run times from? If so, then it's certainly possible you got a batch that isn't wicking as well and causing them to ick up sooner.

I'm using the same juice flavor that I've been using for like 2 years, but I got a different brand recently. I've been using the juice for 2 months or so though, and am only starting to have this problem maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago.

hanzo.esq

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
TX
Ok, so I've been using Boge cartos and a Phiniac tank for a while now, and the cartos usually last me about 10-15 days before hey get nasty and I have to change them. The last few I've put in though have only lasted about 3 or 4 days before getting icky. Am I doing something wrong, or did I get a box of duds?
I have had the same experience. My interpretation was "bad carto." It has happened once or twice to a single carto in a box, and once to an entire box.

Super cool that you took it apart. I didn't do that. It's clearly burnt. That could be a bad coil, but it could also be vaping it dry. Poorly primed? Holes too small? Vape too much too fast? Idunno.

Hanzo.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
15 days?! WOW! Me and my wife NEVER get more than 4 days out of any carto. The taste just gets "off"- not a burnt taste, just not the same flavor the juice has with a fresh carto.

But Hanzo said above- that carto is clearly burnt. I would agree with him that poorly primed or holes too small would be the likely culprits.

That being said, I do occasionally get a carto that goes dry frequently (I hate those). When they start to have a dry taste, I have to do some sucks without firing to get the filler adequately wet again. It really is a quality control issue with Boge's. Some cartos the filler is just way to tight, which doesn't allow the juice to soak in properly. Sometimes I will have one of these in a box, and sometimes every carto in the box will be like that. Again, poor QC on the part of Boge. But I'm sure they just have a machine pushing out thousands of cartos a day, with no real way to check each carto.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I used to get them to go 4 or more weeks. I think I've changed my vaping the last while and now only get a weekish.

Things that changed-

-went to thicker mix, 50/50 instead of 70/30

-I now take longer or multi type puffs that can last the full 10 seconds on my battery.

-I've become pickier about the way it vapes and the taste.

I'm happy with the vape when it works and cartos are even cheaper now....I'd be fine at changing them twice daily at the prices now :)

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I use cartos religiously and when I prime a new one I ALWAYS enlarge one of the holes with a carto punch. It insures great wicking and never a dry hit or leaking. All I use is 50/50 juices in them. If I go 100% VG I widen both holes.

That looks like you dry hit it and burnt it. If you have a carto punch, try that trick. Works great!! If you don't have one go to Lowe's and grab a Saddle Valve. Its a perfect carto punch!!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread