Boge Revolution V2.1 Review/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
I just got my Boge Rev 2.1 and the draw is so damned stiff on it. I seriously hope there is something I can do to help with the super stiff draw. The same cartomizers on my Ego batteries are amazing, huge vapor clouds with tons of flavor but on the v2.1 there is little vapor and flavor. I have found that if I slightly unscrew the cartomizer on it, it improves the draw a little bit but it also wiggles around alot. Does anyone know how to fix the draw?

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I just got my Boge Rev 2.1 and the draw is so damned stiff on it. I seriously hope there is something I can do to help with the super stiff draw. The same cartomizers on my Ego batteries are amazing, huge vapor clouds with tons of flavor but on the v2.1 there is little vapor and flavor. I have found that if I slightly unscrew the cartomizer on it, it improves the draw a little bit but it also wiggles around alot. Does anyone know how to fix the draw?

It does tighten up the draw a good bit. Also for me, the Boge cartos start out nice and loose and get 'tight' after a couple of fills.

What's it like for you without the bottle installed?

It might be possible to dremel out the 4 air slots on the connector so they are a little deeper. This might make it more prone to leaks when feeding.

I use LR 510 atties...a tight draw still, but a nice vape.

I may be wrong, but I do believe that a tighter draw is just a side effect of bottom feeding. Give it nice hard draws and see if that helps.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
It does tighten up the draw a good bit. Also for me, the Boge cartos start out nice and loose and get 'tight' after a couple of fills.

What's it like for you without the bottle installed?

It might be possible to dremel out the 4 air slots on the connector so they are a little deeper. This might make it more prone to leaks when feeding.

I use LR 510 atties...a tight draw still, but a nice vape.

I may be wrong, but I do believe that a tighter draw is just a side effect of bottom feeding. Give it nice hard draws and see if that helps.

I think you may be right about the tighter draw due to the bottom feeding. I tested it out be removing the bottom feeder slightly and the draw became lighter. I was also thinking about taking a Dremel to make the air slots a bit larger. Do you know of anyone who's tried that yet?

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I think you may be right about the tighter draw due to the bottom feeding. I tested it out be removing the bottom feeder slightly and the draw became lighter. I was also thinking about taking a Dremel to make the air slots a bit larger. Do you know of anyone who's tried that yet?

Sorry, don't know of anyone who's done it.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
Sorry, don't know of anyone who's done it.
Got the guts to do it! A Dremel blade is a bit thick (cut off blade, ceramic) although I tried and stopped. I used a jewelers saw and cut along the existing air slots. Changed the draw instantly for the better. I'm sure if I made the slots thicker (using the Dremel) the draw would be airy. I like it the way it is now.
If you're going to widen the air slots with a Dremel be prepared for fine metal dust in the threads; you'll need to make sure you clean them out. I used a q-tip and alcohol several times to make sure all metal particals were removed.
If you're not sure about doing this, then try only one slot and see how you like it.

Diagasa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
USA
I have given up on using the boge cartos on my Rev 2.1 Instead I use Ego XL catomizers with a trimmed down skirt. I seriously love Ego xl cartomizers. The juice feed system still works without fail and now the draw is very light and open. I no longer feel like I'm trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose to get a tiny amount of vapor. With my Ego XL cartos on it, I cloud up the room with minimal effort. I also use the cartos on my ego, silver bullet and my passthroughs. Couldn't be happier with them.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
One thing I found that helps with tight draws on the Revolution.

If you push the bottle too snug up into the Revolution it can cut off air flow a great deal. Some air can and should get around the needle when you draw.

If the draw is impossibly tight:
1. Pull the bottle out just a tiny bit. It could be sealing up so no air gets by the needle when you draw.
2. Possibly pull the little battery contact button in your carto/atty out a little bit. Even if it made contact fine...this might let a little more air in if it gets the vent holes high enough.
3. Don't crank the atty/carto down too tight. As long as it makes contact and doesn't wobble around on you...it's tight enough.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
To get the bottle out easeir, I tried a tip I read on here. I used a piece of Scotch tape, started at the top/shoulder of the bottle, taped it all down the side, and about a half inch longer. Fold that half inch back on itself (sticky side to sticky side), makes a nice little handle to grab. You have to kind of wad it up to get the lid back on, but it works well. It may not last too long, but was very simple to do, easy enough to make another if need be.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
To get the bottle out easeir, I tried a tip I read on here. I used a piece of Scotch tape, started at the top/shoulder of the bottle, taped it all down the side, and about a half inch longer. Fold that half inch back on itself (sticky side to sticky side), makes a nice little handle to grab. You have to kind of wad it up to get the lid back on, but it works well. It may not last too long, but was very simple to do, easy enough to make another if need be.

Same here, but I used a bit of electrical tape and looped it at the bottom. It stuffs under the door fine...easy to grab and pull out the bottle :)

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I like the whole package of 2.x It is my first feeder, it holds more juice than I need for any one outing. It has beefy batteries, it has an easy USB charging system. I am considering trying to up the voltage/wattage/whatever.

There are two main ways for a n00b like me. I could perhaps cut some of the space for the carto-holder, and try to put in a double throw/multi-pole push/push switch. One switch position could put the two batteries in series, for a higher voltage. This could be regulated down with the very effective Evercool circuit. thanks to BigBlue30 for this great work! This could be nice, as long as I did not forget to flip the switch to charge. That would let out the Magic Smoke, and it would never work again.

The (easier?) more wasteful choice would be to leave the existing batts as they are, and use Breaktru's booster circuit.

With the booster method, I think we could leave the charging stuff alone. I need to venture to the Mod Squad forum here and ask these questions first! I just brought it up here, because I like the Boge Rev 2.x. Again, I am a n00b, I have only been vaping for a few months. I want a package like this, that I can just plug in to USB to recharge. This is intended to be a backup, that works when I am outside.

Rysup

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Same here, but I used a bit of electrical tape and looped it at the bottom. It stuffs under the door fine...easy to grab and pull out the bottle :)

My bottle arrived with a crack so I just use those hard plastic 10ml sample bottles everyone sends their stuff out in. Much easier to get the bottle out with them but much harder to squeeze (anyone with RSI should stay away lol) :)

ColKurtz

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC USA
Just got a v2.1 the other day from the classifieds (thanks snarkypaws!). I was having like a 50% failure rate on my atomizers/cartos -- even the Boge cartos that came with the device. I saw some reviews that discussed pulling the pin out, as well as the Vaper Depot pic, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Some said push paper clip thru the atomizer from mouthpiece end, some said wedge a paper ciip in and pull. I wasn't even sure what the center pin actually was -- i was looking up inside the atty itself :facepalm:.

For those who are even dumber than me, the center pin is the entire metal piece that sits inside the threaded section that attaches to the battery. It looks like solid medal on the bottom but is actually 2 pieces. I used a push-pin and wiggled it back and forth, in between the outer threads and the inner ring (NOT up inside the air hole)... prying a little bit outward. Even the mere act of wiggling it seems to help with contact. I have 100% success rate on firing after messing with the pin.

I think one of the reasons i was having such a high misfire rate (other than an arguably bad connection design of the Rev) is that I was tapping down the battery end on some paper towels after filling the cartos. I'm guessing that was pushing the pin down enough to kill contact.

Haven't had time yet to test the bottle. I'm experimenting with new juice flavors in cartomizers after relapsing on cigs for a couple of years. Have to find one I like before committing an all-day bottle and an atty to it. Current leader is Halo Malibu... which is strange since I don't really like pina coladas or menthol.

My alien signal transponder isn't working, though, which is a bummer. Temped to crack it open and see if a cable is loose but don't want to fk it up right away.

Last edited:

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
Just got a v2.1 the other day from the classifieds (thanks snarkypaws!). I was having like a 50% failure rate on my atomizers/cartos -- even the Boge cartos that came with the device. I saw some reviews that discussed pulling the pin out, as well as the Vaper Depot pic, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Some said push paper clip thru the atomizer from mouthpiece end, some said wedge a paper ciip in and pull. I wasn't even sure what the center pin actually was -- i was looking up inside the atty itself :facepalm:.

For those who are even dumber than me, the center pin is the entire metal piece that sits inside the threaded section that attaches to the battery. It looks like solid medal on the bottom but is actually 2 pieces. I used a push-pin and wiggled it back and forth, prying a little bit outward past the threads. Even the mere act of wiggling it seems to help with contact. I have 100% success rate on firing after messing with the pin.

I think one of the reasons i was having such a high misfire rate (other than an arguably bad connection design of the Rev) is that I was tapping down the battery end on some paper towels after filling the cartos. I'm guessing that was pushing the pin down enough to kill contact.

Haven't had time yet to test the bottle. I'm experimenting with new juice flavors in cartomizers after relapsing on cigs for a couple of years. Have to find one I like before committing an all-day bottle to it. Current leader is Halo Malibu... which is strange since I don't really like pina coladas or menthol.

My alien signal transponder isn't working, though, which is a bummer. Temped to crack it open and see if a cable is loose but don't want to fk it up right away.
Don't worry about opening the V2.1, it snaps back together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread