Boge Revolution V2.1 Review/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Thanks to Smokingbullet for the idea, here are how I cut my air slots out.

IMG-20110803-00448.jpg

Another crappy cellphone pic, but you get the idea, it's quite simple. I used a hacksaw, and only tried to cut on the "pull" direction, or the one that is not as aggressive in biting in. I just cut two that were across from each other, less than 1/16" of an inch. It's plastic, it's less pretty, but this is my outdoor mowing/working device, I don't care.

As we were saying on another thread, it could be possible to raise up the center connector a bit and have it leak more air around it. Some atty/cartos only seem to have about two threads that grab anyway, that would be even less.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
Thanks to Smokingbullet for the idea, here are how I cut my air slots out.

IMG-20110803-00448.jpg

Another crappy cellphone pic, but you get the idea, it's quite simple. I used a hacksaw, and only tried to cut on the "pull" direction, or the one that is not as aggressive in biting in. I just cut two that were across from each other, less than 1/16" of an inch. It's plastic, it's less pretty, but this is my outdoor mowing/working device, I don't care.

As we were saying on another thread, it could be possible to raise up the center connector a bit and have it leak more air around it. Some atty/cartos only seem to have about two threads that grab anyway, that would be even less.

I believe we all hope the manufacturers pay attention to our posts, suggestions, issues and concerns about the products we buy. I've heard that Boge is putting out a new version V2.2, V3, whatever they'll call it. I believe they'll be eliminating the alien...I mean anion colored lights and possibly raising the center connection. I hope they don't forget about making the air slots larger for us. And maybe making getting the bottle out a bit easier...and maybe offering separate replacement needles for the bottles and...and....and.... :)
All in all, for the price I don't think it's a bad mod. At least I know that if I loose it while I'm out having fun, I won't be out a small fortune.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
It doesn't leak at all when you invert the unit to top up? I was under the impression that's why the slots are so small... but if it doesn't leak I might have to try it!
I use a clear dual carto on mine. I vape a lot and find myself turning the unit over to pump up the carto several times a day...and I squeeze for at least 8 to 10 seconds before releasing. I like the clear carto so I can see that it's being filled while I squeez. Since I've cut my slots larger, I have not had one single leak. I believe if you don't have the connector sitting properly into your carto is when you'll have a leak. You can take a pair of tweezers or pliers and very gently pull the connector up just a hair. I found by doing that I can now use my choice of 510 carto's with no problems.

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
Got mine today as they seem to have been discounted a fair bit across most of the EU stockists (perhapes a new revision is due soon and they are looking to get rid of old model stock?) My usual source for reviews wasn't too impressed with the device andit did make me wary, but the cost was actually less then a riva / ego starter kit in a lot of places so I thought I'm gonna try it.

First impressions are that I think it's great! No issues with loose bottom caps, no probs with pins needing pushing/ pulling up and the draw, whilst a little lacking in vapour production as noted by some here is still pretty good. Flavour of the Ry4 pre filled is clearly janty and throat hit is decent at 18mg.

This is my first foray into non Titan / ego ecigs, but I'm impressed with the little guy. I've now gotna device that can carry two cartomizers and 10mls (roughly) of juice around with very little hassle involved! Which is all I can ask for the little device. No leaks, no needle threading issues or anything yet.

Perhapes most importantly I can now also talk to aliens.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
Got mine today as they seem to have been discounted a fair bit across most of the EU stockists (perhapes a new revision is due soon and they are looking to get rid of old model stock?) My usual source for reviews wasn't too impressed with the device andit did make me wary, but the cost was actually less then a riva / ego starter kit in a lot of places so I thought I'm gonna try it.

First impressions are that I think it's great! No issues with loose bottom caps, no probs with pins needing pushing/ pulling up and the draw, whilst a little lacking in vapour production as noted by some here is still pretty good. Flavour of the Ry4 pre filled is clearly janty and throat hit is decent at 18mg.

This is my first foray into non Titan / ego ecigs, but I'm impressed with the little guy. I've now gotna device that can carry two cartomizers and 10mls (roughly) of juice around with very little hassle involved! Which is all I can ask for the little device. No leaks, no needle threading issues or anything yet.

Perhapes most importantly I can now also talk to aliens.
I'm starting to think I should be a paid endorser for the Boge Revolution LOL. Like you, I truly didn't have any issues with mine whatsoever. The only thing I noticed in the first week is after refilling the carto several times the draw got a bit tighter; that's when I widened the air slots a tad.
I'm a happy camper with this mod especially with the price. I'll recommend it and most likely when the newer version comes out, I'll pick one up to have as a spare for the car or around the house.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
This was my first bottom feeder; even though I watched a zillion videos, I over-pumped it a few times at first. I also started out using a lower-resistance atty, because my daily device is higher than 3.7 volts. An atty doesn't hold nearly as much as a carto, so a little too much is way too much...

There are lots of similar devices, but there were a few points that were important to me, that this filled the bill.

Good things for me?
1. lots of juice. I want to be able to use this when I am out and around, and carrying bottles/batts/chargers is not an option.
2. lots of battery. Once the V2.x went to the dual batteries, I am good for all day. See #1
3. a "sort-of" passthru. You can vape with it plugged in, if need be.
4. after debuting in the USD$70 range, I got mine new for $50. That, plus 5 spare cartos makes it a pretty OK deal.
5. spare carto storage is nice, I wouldn't have thought I wanted one, but if one dies while I'm out and about, it's very nice.
6. easy lanyard attachment, just unclip the hand strap (useless for me), and clip a lanyard onto it. It lives on a lanyard for me.

Bad things for me?
1. It's plastic. It's cheap plastic. I will probably destroy it if I step on it, drop it very far, or sit down with it in my pocket. See #6, I hope it won't happen.
2. It's included cartos were apparently 3 ohm! That's good for my VW main device, but not for 3.7-ish volt device. No bid deal, I just got some 2 ohm ones, work much better.

So for my uses, the good out-weighs the bad. I've only had it a few weeks, time may be different.

As mentioned in other places here, a strip of tape down the side with a tail hanging out the bottom makes pulling the bottle easy. There is a funnel-type thing to guide the needle up. Rotate the bottle to make sure the needle hits the funnel. You can wrap up the top tightly with Teflon pipe tape to re-seal things up.

I haven't tried clear dual-coils on it yet, all mine are 3 ohm. I could see how that would be a help in getting a feel for the bottle fill (squonk, in Reo-speak).

Edit/Addendum: another plus was 510 threading, so that simplifies matching up the other bits I have around.

Last edited:

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
It doesn't leak at all when you invert the unit to top up? I was under the impression that's why the slots are so small... but if it doesn't leak I might have to try it!

Not at all, unless you are being extreme. My only newbie issues were with using it with an atty and pumping way too much while inverted, until it dripped a few drops out of the drip-tip. Some reviews I have seen do not like the 'tilt and shoot' method, but it was easy for me, once I got the hang of it. Simply tilting it over, it leaks not at all. If you left it inverted for minutes, it would surely leak then. As long as it is less than 50% full, I leave it lying on it's side overnight with never a leak. Over 50% full would be above the needle outlet, and it would of course leak then.

I would recommend completely filling/soaking the carto first. Once you get a dry hit and burn any carto, it is pretty much done. With a new carto, you could probably tilt/shoot, wait 5 minutes, tilt/shoot, wait 5 minutes (lather, rinse, repeat) and it would eventually be wet enough to take the first drag, but I am much too impatient for that!

Once it is initially soaked, on a 2 ohm carto, I take about 5 hits, tilt/shoot for a slow squeeze of three seconds. If you have been too zealous in pumping, aim it back up and pump a few times, this will slurp out any excess. I take a few dry hits to clear the air tube in case it gurgles, Hit another 5 times, adjust as needed.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS

If you want more vapor get LR cartos or atties. The included Boge Cartos were all from 2.8 to 3 Ohms with my kit. Dropping to something in the 2ish Ohm range will crank out more vapor.

As noted above folks are having success with the Dualies (a bit cool for me at 3.7v but they do work).

I'm lovin' the Cisco 510 1.7 Ohm on mine.

Last edited:

Rysup

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Sydney, Australia
My lights do all sorts of weird stuff lately so don't worry. I don't think they're wired to the PCB very well...

For example on mine the right most LED sometimes doesn't fire at all. And thats the one that usually stays glowing after the button is let go...

Plus they fade through each other so when you have 2 lights on it can look like 3.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
I believe when you push the button to vape, all 3 lights should go green to let you know the battery is fully charged. When it gets down to 2 lights you're starting to get wear out the battery. Obviously when you're down to 1 green light it's time to recharge.

When my lights gets down to only 1 green light, I plug it in to recharge.

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
If you want more vapor get LR cartos or atties. The included Boge Cartos were all from 2.8 to 3 Ohms with my kit. Dropping to something in the 2ish Ohm range will crank out more vapor.

As noted above folks are having success with the Dualies (a bit cool for me at 3.7v but they do work).

I'm lovin' the Cisco 510 1.7 Ohm on mine.

Yeah, when i ordered it i got a 5pack of 510 low resistance dual coil cartomizers for it, however, just popped one on after filling and it wont fire up on the rev v2... i dunno if its the device or not though as when i put it on my E-power 18650 it barely works on that either... yet switched out on a riva 510 it vapes fine... odd indeed. (If anything it vapes too well, it's hot and almost burning the juice inside... to be honest Ive not had much luck with dual coil cartos, they always seem to be disappointing to me flavor wise.)

I found my 50/50 RY4 caramel which i filled the 10ml bottle with produced lots more vapor then the Janty cartos which came with it. I'm happy to use the standard ones for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread