Boge Revolution V2.1 Review/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
i emailed nhaler to let them know, but i don't think he'll do anything about it.
Ok. I'll try the teflon tape trick.

Also, what i mean is a small square amount that you puncture through....here is a pic
but basically, you cut a small square folded napkin, small in size and puncture through it with the needle, move the napkin to the bottom and then put the bottle/needle back and that will hold the leaking and absorb some of it. So the napkin doesnt actually go down the size of the bottle, but it does stay above it to absorb any excess that drips down.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 135

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
JuniorNA, ah, OK, I understand now. I was getting confused by the size of two tic-tacs. I was thinking of the breath mint, and misunderstood for it to be as thick as two tic-tacs. Very clever! I think I have learned mine somewhat now, but I will still put a paper towel in there to check.

This was my first (and only) bottom-feeder. When I first got it, I put in an atty, and because I didn't know how much one liquid one squeeze actually moved, I over-did it. I tilted, and squeeeeeeeeeeezed, long and slow. When I saw juice dripping out of the driptip, I knew that was too much... :) I then actually filled my bottle with water, and with no atty/carto on it, kept it tilted over, and practiced until I knew how much juice I was moving. The viscosity of juices vary, not all of them are the consistency of water, so YMMV.

My initial LR atty aged, and then started tripping the protection circuit (still works fine on the Darwin). By now I had somewhat started to understand how it worked, so with cartos? I just give them a complete normal fill, and squonk to top up. We are squirting it right in the air tube, so a few dry puffs helps clear it before vaping.

I am still on my first 2 ohm Boge carto a couple of weeks later. Time is not a good definition of "how long it lasts", really. As pointed out by (someone on Darwin thread? live2ski? sorry, forgot) a more accurate measure is how much juice has moved through it. I tend to only fill it up to 50%, to discourage it running out of the needle if I lay it on it's side, I have run close to 20 ml through this carto.

JuniorNA, BTW, if you are Joisey-ite, no slur intended at all, but I don't know how mechanically minded you are. I spent most of my life on a farm in central missouri, teflon tape is a great thing! Be sure to stretch it moderately tight, it will fit into the threads very well, and stretch a lot if you pull it. It is a 'one-use' thing, in this application.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Actually you're right. I'm not too familiar with Teflon tape besides putting it on threads for shower nozzles . I didn't put it on the thread of the bottle .. I actually wrapped it around the needle assembly white plastic area and covered the crack...woops. Should I have put the teflon tape on the threaded end of the bottle instead ?? I used it a few times and it didn't leak from the crack but should I put some on the bottle thread also ?

---
- Connected via Tapatalk

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
[snippage]
Be sure to stretch it moderately tight, it will fit into the threads very well, and stretch a lot if you pull it. It is a 'one-use' thing, in this application.
[snippage]

Sorry, I was not clear. Stretch it tight, it will fit on the outside of the bottle. There are threads there, though probably for a cap, not used for this. Credo is the originator of the teflon tape idea to fix vape leaks (at least for Boge Rev 2.x). I think he meant to just wrap it around the outside of the whole thing, pretty tightly. It would make a good shrink-wrap,

This bottle probably only cost someone USD $.25 I wish we could find another source!

Rysup

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Sydney, Australia
This bottle probably only cost someone USD $.25 I wish we could find another source!

Bottle's not the problem, most 10ml bottles will do the job, it's the needle adaptor we need a source for...

Anyone tried wacking a leur lock needle in there? There's gotta be something off the shelf we can use...

My needle is going to snap very soon I can see it now... (it's already slightly bent)

Carmiol

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
Costa Rica
Carmiol, make sure you have a 2 ohm-ish atty/carto, in case yours comes with high-resistance ones. If you are using a carto, fill it completely first. When inserting the bottle, rotate it and be gentle, to hit the little funnel that guides the needle in!

Thanks! Will do! Im getting a whole bunch of Clear Dual Coils and Boge LR Cartos, so Im planning on using those.

Question, after topping up the carto with the bottle, how long to I have to wait to continue vaping?

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Now I'm all kinds of confused. I've never laid it on its side and I've fixed the bottle leak with Teflon tape and tested it for a good half hour by squeezing with diff types of pressure and no leakage so it's not the bottle top. However when I walk 100 feet from my car to the house with it In my front pocket and then take it out , its leaking from the metal catch cup ...I can see the liquid accumulating around the metal and in between the metal and plastic and its leaking out of the Side. I'm truly stupefied as to how this is happening. Using a cisco 2ohm 306 and it's not an over feeding issue because I have a clear drip tip and see no extra fluid and I also haven't filled it in a while but still random leaks for no reason??? I can't use this device every day if it's going to leak on me. Should have kept the reoMini lol ... No but serious...unless my 306 is leaking fluid back down which I've inspected as well. I don't know what I'm missing

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Now I'm all kinds of confused. I've never laid it on its side and I've fixed the bottle leak with Teflon tape and tested it for a good half hour by squeezing with diff types of pressure and no leakage so it's not the bottle top. However when I walk 100 feet from my car to the house with it In my front pocket and then take it out , its leaking from the metal catch cup ...I can see the liquid accumulating around the metal and in between the metal and plastic and its leaking out of the Side. I'm truly stupefied as to how this is happening. Using a cisco 2ohm 306 and it's not an over feeding issue because I have a clear drip tip and see no extra fluid and I also haven't filled it in a while but still random leaks for no reason??? I can't use this device every day if it's going to leak on me. Should have kept the reoMini lol ... No but serious...unless my 306 is leaking fluid back down which I've inspected as well. I don't know what I'm missing

1. make sure there isn't juice just hanging around in the bottle chamber from some previous leak. Take out the bottle and wipe it out good.

2. Inspect the bottom of your 306 where it screws into the PV.
Can you use a small screw driver or something to adjust the center pin? Experiment with that. You want it sitting flat and tight against that copper plate in the bottom. Also note if that pin is slotted or smooth. If it is slotted liquid can get past the slots. I do use some slotted ones but have minimized leaking by making sure I suck all the juice into the atty so it doesn't have long to hang out in the well area.

By making sure that center pin is fitting well, that leaves only one place for the liquid to leak out, and that's around the needle itself, or through the carto/atty somehow. That's a very small space but thinner liquids can get by it given enough heat and time.

Caelius Felix

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
Of all the forums I've consulted for various electronic gadgets, ECF is consistently the best. That says a lot for the quality of people who vape. Anyway, as to the Revolution v2.1, I have been happily vaping it for over a month, but just recently ran into a serious leakage problem. After reading these posts, I carefully examined the bottle cap holding the needle and found a hairline crack. Went online and found replacement bottle/needle assemblies at VapeLite for $5. I ordered two, and will try the teflon tape remedy until they arrive. One other quirk I've noticed -- after a full charge (e.g. overnight), the until won't fire with a carto attached for more than two or three seconds before cutting off. Once the charge is dissipated a bit (I've found that signalling the extraterrestrials for 15 or 20 minutes usually suffices) it works fine. I don't know if this is a design flaw or just my box, but wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread