Status
Not open for further replies.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Thanks for that graphic Nanovapr. The needles are the sharp one so caution is a must. The product is a PrecisionGlide Needle 20g1. The first number (in front of the G) indicates the gauge of the needle. The higher the number, the thinner the needle. The second number indicates the length of the needle. For example, a 22 G 1/2 needle has a gauge of 22 and a length of ½ an inch.

One note here is that the boge takes a 21g1. I used a precision drill set to bore out the hole to take a 20g. juice flows much better thru the 20g.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I posted this in the Classifieds, but it will easily sink fast. WTB, a good Boge Revoluton 2.1 I don't want one that is cracked, or has been soaked with juice. I would *greatly* prefer the newest 1400 mAh version. I really like this thing, and want some spares. I am giving them to my friends for a first device, there is no profit involved here. Please PM me!

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
If you can't find one you may want to try NVapes, they've always had a great deal on them.

I posted this in the Classifieds, but it will easily sink fast. WTB, a good Boge Revoluton 2.1 I don't want one that is cracked, or has been soaked with juice. I would *greatly* prefer the newest 1400 mAh version. I really like this thing, and want some spares. I am giving them to my friends for a first device, there is no profit involved here. Please PM me!

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Hey Vchick, remember to get some LR cartos for them. 2 ohm is about right for me. I tried a 1.7 ohm atty, it tripped the protection circuit. Just plug it into the charger, and it will reset. I just bought 8 of them, for almost the same price. I'm hooking up some of my smoking friends, I think it's a good starter device, and I use one every day myself.

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
What's the difference in the Boge Rev V2.1?
I'm noticing that some of the Boge Rev V2.1 with the 1400 mAh battery look a bit different. Some of them only say (in blue) Revolution V2, others say Revolution V2 Boge. Does anyone know if there is a difference, is one newer and if so which one, the one with or without 'Boge' on it?

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Search for pbusardo's Youtube review, he explains some of the earlier variations. There has been about 4 of them now, that use the same box. The first ones had some sort of software, upgradable via the USB. I couldn't find any account of anyone liking it. That was one 700 mAh batt. Then they did away with the anion negative ion generator, only left the lights, and put in a second 700 mAh batt. This is the era that I have and use daily. I got some for a friend, and they appear identical to mine, except the button is labelled LED (I think) instead of anion, but still have the disco lights and 1400 mAh batts.

I have seen a newer one advertised on bogetech, that has a torch LED lighbulb in place of the disco lights, but I am not sure of the batteries of that one. That last one also has a 'no moving parts' inductive switch. That is a nice feature, dirt/water can't get into it from there, though I use mine outdoors in pretty dirty circumstances, and have never have had a problem. An inductive switch also would remove the possibility of pocket-firing, but the master switch is an easy way to stop that (though I rarely turn mine off).

There were at least two differing ones that were all had "2.1" on them. For me, the sweet spot is the ones that have 1400 mAh batt, that is the main feature for me.

Last edited:

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
As an emergency temp fix, try wrapping it all (the top) very tightly with teflon plumber's tape? I have read about people stopping leaks on these with that. The sides of the bottle are a tight fit, prolly not room for much tape on the sides.

It shouldn't be hard to slide in. I always try to rotate the bottle while inserting it, I have heard of people bending the needles from misalignment, but I haven't had a problem.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
How hard is the connector to change? I carry mine around always with a carto on it, I figured it could be a point of failure someday, but no problems so far. If you are planning on wiring the two internal batts in series for more voltage, you will have to re-think the charging apparatus. I idly wondered about putting in a switch to do that, DPDT. Flip it one way to put the batts in series, and put in a regulator. Flip the switch back to put them back in parallel, and then the original charging circuit would be intact.

There's some free space available, if you do away with the spare carto holder. If you found a push-push switch, you could perhaps put it right inside the carto holder hole right near the bottom. It would be protected by the cover, but you could easily switch it with a pencil, or anything.

I *considered* all that, but once I tried 2 ohm cartos on it, that was so much better than the included 3 ohm cartos, I just left it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread