Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Don I'll be frank, (Hi, Frank, I'm Don), no seriously, I have never seen the connection on an 801. Though, I believe the battery would be male and the atty female. In this case the battery is female and the atty is male. The cartridges used are the Boge 302 soft tips.

I have some Boge 302 Hard tips coming to see if they have an easier draw. Right now the soft tip 302 has about the same draw as a KR808D-1 automatic with cartomizer. Slow, long (6-9 second) draws produce nice billows of thick vapor.
Thank you, Frank! ... or is it Don?:D

I have suddenly lost interest. A friend pointed me to the Leo because he knew that I was a penstyle man who is otherwise impressed by the Fat Batts. I'll just keep using my Elegant with a 901-801 adapter. [Actually, these days I mainly use my 801 attys on my ProVape-1 mod and my new Cisco LR 306 attys (with adapter) on my Elegant.]

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I have in fact dripped with the Leo. I used 3-4 drops down the side of the atomizer and the empty cartridge that comes with it. Dripped and vaped nice.

My order of the Leos came in and I'm now the proud owner of several 2 battery sets. I have the black, the silver and the cherry red. Dang nice looking units indeed. I just can't believe how much the flavor of the juice comes into this vapor, and how thick the cloud is with the Leo. The draw is a bit tight, but worth it when I become a fog bank while sitting on the couch or at my desk. It packs very nice TH too. I'm enjoying the heck out of this huge atomizer. And the size of the atty fitting is a bit larger than an 801.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
The only device that will put out 3.7V under load is a VV set at a higher voltage then what is desired. e.g 4.2V with lets say a 2.2Ohm atty.
Well here's the volts under load of a regular, inexpensive 18650 Li-Ion firing a 3.2Ω carto. Nothing but a battery. Picture and test by Rocketman,

carto_3.2ohm_18650.jpg

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
But right underneath that silly video, I spotted this good review by romastino:

According to Boge the voltage of the Leo under load is 3.3volts.
So, consistent with all the other fat batts, which is just fine if the atomizer resistance is right. According to a PM I received from a new Leo owner, "The specs on the atomizer are 2.5 - 2.7 Ohm. Mine measured 2.58 Ohm." So: ~4.2 watts: not exactly "sweet spot" but comparable to a regular 3.5 ohm 801 atty on a 3.7V battery. To me, this explains the adequate (but not outstanding) vapor and the satisfying TH and flavor (which I have always gotten from the 801).

With your review, Jackal, and that video and these technical specs, I'm now getting a more complete sense of the Leo.

I have more great news about the Leo, but can't say anything just yet... very soon though! :p
Aren't you a tease!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread