Boom goes another

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
"While Johnson is on bed rest waiting to see a plastic surgeon and to get skin grafts on his leg, Rex said she’s looking into taking legal action. With only a small warning on the actual battery itself, Rex said there was no way the couple could have known something so dangerous could happen."

No. Just no. You don't get to be nominated for a Darwin Award and then get paid for it. I know when I first got into vaping, over and over and over again I was told and read about being safe with batteries. I'm really sorry this guy got hurt but he better not get paid for it.

I hope they try to sue... They'll get shot down so fast they're brain will explode. My aunt just started vaping about a week ago, her cousin sent her an Eleaf pico kit with an HG2. I helped her set up and warned her many times to NEVER put the battery in her purse and to always use the plastic case or keep it in the device. Took me ten seconds to warn her and she now understands why pvs blow up.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I hope they try to sue... They'll get shot down so fast they're brain will explode. My aunt just started vaping about a week ago, her cousin sent her an Eleaf pico kit with an HG2. I helped her set up and warned her many times to NEVER put the battery in her purse and to always use the plastic case or keep it in the device. Took me ten seconds to warn her and she now understands why pvs blow up.
:p When I gave my husband a kbox with removable battery I gave him a stern lecture on battery safety. Shortly after that he saw a coworker with a battery loose in the mesh pocket of his lunch sack and passed on his lecture and said, "my wife would kill you if she saw that."

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
"Efest, the company that makes the batteries Rex said exploded in her husbands pocket"

Hmmm, so Efest is now making batteries? News to me!

I submitted an error report to CBC for saying the same thing, and their article now says the battery was sold by Efest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread