BOOM WIRE?? anybody heard of it/have experience with it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youssefa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Gainesville, FL USA
Okay I only have one question about this video. What is that drip tip...it has no bottom hole, instead it has a side port ?? time stamp 23 sec.

so i might be "out of the loop" here. but just browsing youtube and came across Ariel Asido video with a build that he used "boom wire". he says a b&m shop in SD supplies it but they dont have a website.

ive been a member of this forum and scoured countless threads and posts but never heard/seen it mentioned on here.
i was wondering if anybody here has had experience with it? feedback? is it safe? pros? cons? anybody in SD willing to send me some in Hawaii? hahaha.

this is one of the videos.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
Okay I only have one question about this video. What is that drip tip...it has no bottom hole, instead it has a side port ?? time stamp 23 sec.

It has a bottom hole..... How else would it work?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

yeahhhh, i dont see what youre seeing. it looks like a standard drip tip to me. he says its a "ghost modder 3-line wide-bore drip tip. im gonna assume its this one...BIG " G " SS wide bore 3 line | THE GHOST MODDER

i agree with bustabo. haha. maybe watch it again and you'll see it.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
Is the rebranded Rene 41 wire?

I have just started using RENE 41 wire it is a super alloy. It has an amazing tensile strength. will take very tight legs, and I have not noticed any strange taste from it. It has about the same res as 28ga Kanthal a-1, but heats faster. It is VERY springy. :) so that makes it a little hard to wrap coils.

René® Superalloys (41, 80, 95) from READE

Rene 41 Resistance Wire 014" 27ga 25 ft Superalloy Ultimate Hot Wire Cutting | eBay

well...i hate to admit it, but this is the first time im hearing about this. hahaha.

but youseffa, is it not like kanthal where as if you anneal it, its not as springy?

Youssefa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Gainesville, FL USA
This stuff, is the BOMB. If you anneal it the springy does diminish, but it is still very springy. This wire is extremely tough, despite its 27ga diameter heats rapidly, and the tensile strength while hot, is extremely impressive. I am curently running a 1.3-1.5ohm 5/6 wrap @ 8.4v, cotton ball wick, keep it wet and it vapes perfect. I did notice on this spec sheet that chromium 17-20% while KAnthal a-1 is 20-23%

Rene
http://www.suppliersonline.com/propertypages/rene41.asp

Kanthal
Kanthal A-1

justinonymous

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I took some 28g Hotwires "RDA" and regular Kanthal A-1 side by side and built the same exact coils over and over again. Side by side the Hotwires do look a little bit shinier, not a whole lot but if you mixed them up you could actually tell which ones which. Since it was only 28g and it was so thin (for me at least, I'm always using 26), they both felt the same in the hands. I forgot which ID (probably 5/64) I used to wrap them on but I only did 5 wraps on an AGI. The Kanthal was metering around .6~.7. The Hotwires were metering around .3~.4. Also the Hotwires are.. wel they're hot. The first time I pulsed one it immediately got bright and popped. It wasn't a short, I made sure it wasn't. The second one almost did the same but I didn't pulse it till it started glowing, just so I knew it was warm so I could adjust. Even after adjustments to make it fire nice, it still got hot enough for part of the coil to come right off, but it would still work (until the whole thing popped lol). I did 5 builds each and they were all pretty much the same result. I'll be testing the 26g soon so I can get better results.

EDIT: I should note that when you compress the Hotwires after pulsing, they DO compress and stick together better than normal Kanthal. Usually if I have a gap in the Kanthal and I compress it, it won't be touching all the way. Hotwires will. But this is only through 5 builds and 28g so I'll see if the results holds up with 26g.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
are there any comparisons of this magical boom wire to nichrome 60? have we figured out that this is just nichrome like most suggest?

well...i hate to admit it, but this is the first time im hearing about this. hahaha.

but youseffa, is it not like kanthal where as if you anneal it, its not as springy?

theres a whole thread about it here in this subforum.

Last edited:

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
I took some 28g Hotwires "RDA" and regular Kanthal A-1 side by side and built the same exact coils over and over again. Side by side the Hotwires do look a little bit shinier, not a whole lot but if you mixed them up you could actually tell which ones which. Since it was only 28g and it was so thin (for me at least, I'm always using 26), they both felt the same in the hands. I forgot which ID (probably 5/64) I used to wrap them on but I only did 5 wraps on an AGI. The Kanthal was metering around .6~.7. The Hotwires were metering around .3~.4. Also the Hotwires are.. wel they're hot. The first time I pulsed one it immediately got bright and popped. It wasn't a short, I made sure it wasn't. The second one almost did the same but I didn't pulse it till it started glowing, just so I knew it was warm so I could adjust. Even after adjustments to make it fire nice, it still got hot enough for part of the coil to come right off, but it would still work (until the whole thing popped lol). I did 5 builds each and they were all pretty much the same result. I'll be testing the 26g soon so I can get better results.

EDIT: I should note that when you compress the Hotwires after pulsing, they DO compress and stick together better than normal Kanthal. Usually if I have a gap in the Kanthal and I compress it, it won't be touching all the way. Hotwires will. But this is only through 5 builds and 28g so I'll see if the results holds up with 26g.

are these builds on the same RDA as well as being fired on the same device? hahaha. im just giving you a hard time.

but what exactly are these wires composed of? we know the elemental composition of nichrome and kanthal, but theres literally NO composition facts/details about this magical boom wire.

also, if you'd like to add some credibility to your testimonial, maybe a video or really detailed pics? hahaha. just a thought.

are there any comparisons of this magical boom wire to nichrome 60? have we figured out that this is just nichrome like most suggest?

i think someone said earlier that it possible could be.

theres a whole thread about it here in this subforum.

yeah, i musta missed that. haha. theres so many threads i feel like a dog with 8 laser dots swirling around me. hahahaha!

So, as I thought, Boomwire is just BS wire

granted, justinonymous has a good testimonial. but no real proof. ;)

Lol that wouldn't surprise me.
What would surprise me is if this wire ended up being anything that hasn't been used extensively already.

exactly what i said, you cant tell me ONE guy from SD just so happened to stumble upon this "magical" wire. haha

Last edited:

justinonymous

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
are these builds on the same RDA as well as being fired on the same device? hahaha. im just giving you a hard time.

so you say theyre better...but what exactly are these wires composed of? we know the elemental composition of nichrome and kanthal, but theres literally NO composition facts/details about this magical boom wire.

also, if you'd like to add some credibility to your testimonial, maybe a video or really detailed pics? hahaha. just a thought.
All builds were on the AGI and on a Nemesis. I never said it was better, just that it was less resistance. I'll make a video once my shop gets 26g Hotwires.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
All builds were on the AGI and on a Nemesis. I never said it was better, just that it was less resistance. I'll make a video once my shop gets 26g Hotwires.

ah, youre right. my fault! edited! haha. i guess thats what i ASSUMED you were implying. i apologize. but yes, please do! hopefully someone can come along and answer the composition question i have. haha.

justinonymous

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
ah, youre right. my fault! edited! haha. i guess thats what i ASSUMED you were implying. i apologize. but yes, please do! hopefully someone can come along and answer the composition question i have. haha.

No prob lol. I'm trying to find a place where I can get this analyzed. Possibly here but I'm not sure.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
I don't post so much on ECF so I don't know if my opinion on the Hotwires will carry anything but I did make a build video comparing Kanthal A1, Nichrome and Hotwires.

All opinions welcomed here! Well...mostly. :p hahaha. Nah, but thanks for the link! I'll check that out as soon as I get a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Totally forgot about this thread. i still have some beast mode wire laying around and i have completely stopped using it. I noticed after a few weeks there was a nasty looking build up of funk on my coils. It looked almost like a dark rust color. I tried dry firing the coils to get rid of it but it did not go away. I had that build running only for a few weeks. It was pretty low res but ive never seen any other wire change color and get so gross looking. I have had a 10 wrap micro in my cyclone since i got it and i can always make that coil look brand new.
I dont know what this says about chemical composition but i doubt ill be using this wire again anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread