• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Boooooored!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I've played Runes of Magic and LOTRO. RoM is okay but one massive gigantic money sink. LOTRO is good if you spend time getting into it.

Truth is, I've always played pay to play MMO's (and my next will be pay to play too, probably Elder Scrolls Online) and F2P just never ever match up. Big commercial releases that go F2P aren't doing so because of the business model, the game wasn't good enough to be pay to play. Sad but true.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
LOTRO

There is only 1 thing you cannot unlock with points earned IN GAME

Now that is some funny stuff going on right there :laugh:

When I play F2P I am always trying to find ways to avoid spending any money at all if I can help it. Yet we think nothing of dropping a hundred on vaping gear or liquids :laugh:

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I've played Runes of Magic and LOTRO. RoM is okay but one massive gigantic money sink. LOTRO is good if you spend time getting into it.

Truth is, I've always played pay to play MMO's (and my next will be pay to play too, probably Elder Scrolls Online) and F2P just never ever match up. Big commercial releases that go F2P aren't doing so because of the business model, the game wasn't good enough to be pay to play. Sad but true.

Can't wait for Elder Scrolls. Bored with all the other mmo's I've been playing. Picked up MoP because it was 10 bucks on Black Friday and reactivated my WoW account to kill time in it came out.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
What's a mmo?

(Yes, I'm an ol' fuddydud. :) )

An evil soul-sucking timesink. Or a Massively Multiplayer Online video game.

Depends on who you ask. ;)

Personally I've dabbled with a few in the past. They can be diverting, but the MMO genre is basically dead to me now that City of Heroes is gone. SWTOR is fun if you play it as if it were a single-player RPG.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
An evil soul-sucking timesink. Or a Massively Multiplayer Online video game.

Depends on who you ask. ;)

Personally I've dabbled with a few in the past. They can be diverting, but the MMO genre is basically dead to me now that City of Heroes is gone. SWTOR is fun if you play it as if it were a single-player RPG.

Yes its a shame with CoH... Had both CoH and CoV and i do actually miss them
Started playing zone4 fight district a few years ago but that was shut down as well -.-'

I need something fastpaced where it in the end comes more down to skills in battle than gear and level... I always lvl up slowly and have the worst luck with gear drops and money gathering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Can't wait for Elder Scrolls. Bored with all the other mmo's I've been playing. Picked up MoP because it was 10 bucks on Black Friday and reactivated my WoW account to kill time in it came out.

I participated in a recent beta for all of 10 minutes. That was all I could stand before I destroyed my notebook in a fit of rage. The graphics were nice, the story line decent, but the UI for movement was a complete and total... Well, let's just say I don't appreciate being forced to use a FPS type UI in a MMO. Seriously, they have WASD movement, but you still have to use the mouse for directional control?

I've been a long time WoW player (since 2005). Taking a break from WoW and playing FF14 ARR. While there are a few things about the game that I'm not wild about, I've been enjoying myself. The majority of the player base is a refreshing change from the self centered, gimme my phat lewt crowd that WoW has seemed to attract.

Krewlife

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
California
if you really like the pvp aspect check out Aion. the beginning levels suck but you can blast through them if you wanted too. but endgame pvp is real fun and character customization is best ive seen so far.

ive been messing around with Neverwinter it seems like a time killer but i have only gotten maybe an hour into it.

Krewlife

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
California
Huge group of vapers that regularly play League of Legends. Add Zapp and Roger and we'll get you connected, play if you are experienced or teach you if you are new. All are welcome.

LoL is a game i really wanted to get into but i guess i'm not a big fan of MOBA's

Does anyone play Rust? been wanting to buy it but havent jumped the gun on that game yet.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Kinda necro but not totally.

I participated in a recent beta for all of 10 minutes. That was all I could stand before I destroyed my notebook in a fit of rage. The graphics were nice, the story line decent, but the UI for movement was a complete and total... Well, let's just say I don't appreciate being forced to use a FPS type UI in a MMO. Seriously, they have WASD movement, but you still have to use the mouse for directional control?

I've been a long time WoW player (since 2005). Taking a break from WoW and playing FF14 ARR. While there are a few things about the game that I'm not wild about, I've been enjoying myself. The majority of the player base is a refreshing change from the self centered, gimme my phat lewt crowd that WoW has seemed to attract.

If you try the Elder Scrolls single player games you will get a better feel for ESO. Fallout series and ES series from Bethesda all play the same. Kinda TPS/FPS RPG. Skyrim I think is the best of the series, but I am a graphics snob. I would have never figured you for a gamer :p

LoL is a game i really wanted to get into but i guess i'm not a big fan of MOBA's

Does anyone play Rust? been wanting to buy it but havent jumped the gun on that game yet.

I burned out on MOBAs, I have been eying rust, let me know if it is any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread