Bored? Help me decide: Bottomfeeder or Tube Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
Thanks :) I saw that the other day. The "Grimm Green sale" iirc.

To be quite honest I'm leaning towards the army tank. But before I make a plunge into bottomfeeder territory, I wanted to ask a question for anyone e who owns one.

If I use cartos that have a center air channel, and you are supposed to be able to see through it when you fill normally. If a bottomfeeder squirts juice up through the 510 connector to wet the carto, doesnt the juice get into that channel and squirt into your mouth when u take a draw?

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
I've been vaping for just about 2 years now. I used a bottom feeder for about a year (Ali'i) and loved it! It recently died though, with no support from the now defunct manufacturer . :-( I just got a Provari chrome with SS Liquinator tank - simple, perfect vaping every time, looks classy, and for me (so far) I like it much better than the Ali'i.

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
Aww, and I thought I was set in my decision :(

Lol, actually I will probably go ahead and get the bottomfeeder to start with, because the provari is so expensive. I may be able to use the same batteries on the provari as long as it take the 14500. I've been looking at so many mods recently everything's starting to blur together.

Do you have any insight on the carto question with regards to bottomfeeding and getting juice in the air channel?

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Aww, and I thought I was set in my decision :(

Lol, actually I will probably go ahead and get the bottomfeeder to start with, because the provari is so expensive. I may be able to use the same batteries on the provari as long as it take the 14500. I've been looking at so many mods recently everything's starting to blur together.

Do you have any insight on the carto question with regards to bottomfeeding and getting juice in the air channel?

The Provari takes 18500 or 18650, not 14500. As far as the carto's, I am honestly not sure as I refuse to use cartos, but what might work is "horizontal coil" cartomizers.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Ah, the batteries are fairly cheap. Get whatever you need when you buy the different mods. Just try to get a multi charger that will work with all your different batteries. I use an Ultrafire T-001.

As far as cartos go, the Provari/Liquinator is my first experience with 'em, never tried them on my bottom-feeder. But so far I really like them on the Provari - some people say they mute the flavor of your juice, I don't notice much of a difference from dripping/bottom feeding, if at all.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Naga, I haven't had any tube issues with my Boge 3.0ohm cartos. They've been pretty great with bottom feeding... not so much in a Liquinator Tank. I had some tubes collapse in it.

I don't get gurgling in my cartos (I fill it with a condom, then top it off once a day by putting a toothpick in the center tube, and dripping liquid on the top). I bottle feed it the rest of the day. If it seems gurgly when you fill it initially, blow it out (I always look through the carto tube to make sure I can see light, if not blow it out).

So far, I'm on about 2 weeks with this carto and this method. YMMV :)

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
Awesome :) very informative!

I'm just a noob and I know its showing with all these questions. I just can't figure out how you can see through the center tube of the carto, screw it onto a Connector, squirt juice up through that same connector, and not get juice filling up the center tube. LOL.

Dont get me wrong, Im not arguing with you whatsoever. I believe what you're tellng me, and I appreciate the advice very much :) I just can't figure out how it works, and that bugs the CR@p outta me. Hahaha.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Well, I feel a little pressure pop that is probably a little liquid letting go from the top of the tube when I take a hit after squonking it (hate that word, LOL).

I tried a regular 510 atty... the flavor was terrible. Have no idea why (that bugs the CR@p out of ME). So I have to drip on the 510 bridge when I bottom feed an atty in order to get good flavor. Bah!

Cartos however are terrific with a bottom feeder (and I hate cartos normally, have always been a 302/510 atty person).

As far as liquid in the tube and how they work... this thread explains it pretty well (with a great cameo guest spot and No Spin Zone explanation by Bill O'Reilly :laugh:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/172087-reo-how-does-work.html

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Cool :)

So, when bottomfeeding, I guess you were using atties? Did the bottomfeeding create any gurgling or anything?

Yup, Joye 510 attys always on my Ali'i - worked like a charm. Might get a bit of gurgling if you squeeze too much, but it just runs into the catch cup and gets sucked back up into the atty when you need it. Bottom-feeding with the Ali'i always just worked for me. If you let the atty get dry, you get a burnt taste, but one squeeze and you're good to go.

In comparison, it's pretty much the same deal with my new Provari/Liquinator set up, minus the squeezing. Zero hassle vaping (once you get the tank filled and find a cartomizer that wicks properly). I've been having some troubles with the carts that came with my Provari, only half of them will wick in the tank properly. I'm hoping that when I start punching my own carts, this problem will disappear. Ordered some of the Resurrector carts, should be here in a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread