Bored with vaping then shinyitis hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aadavis94

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2014
Oregon
Does anybody get kinda bored with the hobby part of vaping then something new catches your eye and your like bam! Gotta have it and it's awesome again. I just did that. Had an istick 30W with the Atlantis V1 and was getting bored. Went into the local B&M one day and noticed the eVic VT. blew my vape budget on the kit and now I'm back into vaping again.

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I acquired quite a bit, quickly.
But it was less about "the new thing" and more about finding what would give me the vape quality I was looking for. I think I've plateaued on flavor from an atty. I just don't think any new atty will deliver anything more than a barely perceptible increase in flavor. I'm less concerned about a devices looks, than its quality, and reliability.

I think I keep in mind the realistic notion that this is merely about delivery of nicotine, in an enjoyable manner, to keep me from smoking. That keeps GAS in check.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I don't lose interest in vaping as much as looking for a better vape. I am glad that I am not afflicted with the Shinyitis. Who am I kidding? I love looking and somehow new shiny things show up in my bag. It is sort of like going to the store and buying health food and getting home and finding out they are just regular glazed donuts.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I'm definitely afflicted. Looking at new attys today and some nickel wire to try my first TC build. My KFL is my ADV, but it's the only single coil atty I have, and I hear that they work better for TC. So I need something else to be my daily driver while I play with the new tech and work out the bugs.(Plus I have been itching to get something new. It's been a couple of months since I bought a topper.) I like the clouds, but I like good flavor too, so looking at dually RBAs. Cthuthlu (or however you spell that), lemo 2, silver play, epoch d1, etc... The only problem I see is that I am too poor to buy the lot. :( I need that gubmn't grant too crxess. Lol! I wonder if my health insurance would cover part of the cost? They will pay for chantix... Hmmm...

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Does anybody get kinda bored with the hobby part of vaping then something new catches your eye and your like bam! Gotta have it and it's awesome again. I just did that. Had an Istick 30W with the Atlantis V1 and was getting bored. Went into the local B&M one day and noticed the eVic VT. blew my vape budget on the kit and now I'm back into vaping again.

OH YEAH! I have pretty much the same set up, iStick and a few Nautilus minis and then I started looking at the TC mods. Well hell, my vaping budget was shot in less than an hour ordering the mod, batteries, a new tank, coils, battery charger and juice for the subohming part of it.

nancybout

ECF Veteran
I was FINE Vape on my nautilus and mini w 40$ on juice monthly and it all went BYE BYE when I discovered SUB OHM!
Now new juice MORE juice DIFF flavors I never dreamed of vaping before hahah because I can actually taste the juice MUCH more! Awesome day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Diver9543

Aadavis94

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2014
Oregon
I was FINE Vape on my nautilus and mini w 40$ on juice monthly and it all went BYE BYE when I discovered SUB OHM!
Now new juice MORE juice DIFF flavors I never dreamed of vaping before hahah because I can actually taste the juice MUCH more! Awesome day

Once I discovered sub ohm it really went down hill. Had to start buying more juice. Then more powerful mods and then better tanks. And now sub ohm temp control. Next buying stuff to make nickel coils for TC dripping.

Reactions: nancybout

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
I would not say that I am board but I have not been all that impressed with the all for the sub-ohm/rta that have been coming out. A few months ago I could not get enough of them but now I'm kinda like.. Meh. Funny enough I just bought my first rda in like eight months to change it up a bit. I also just got the Triton and RBA section as a gift today but I'm not at all impressed.

My mind is starting to wonder towards maybe making my own box mod. I think that will be a fun ride.

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
To me, vaping is a hobby but not a central hobby. I'm not up building coils all day, every day. It's just like me and drawing. I do enjoy vaping quite a bit though, and I guess because I haven't made it a center hobby in my life I'm not bored with my Atlantis 2 and eVic VT setup quite yet.

Reactions: iamthevoice

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
Does anybody get kinda bored with the hobby part of vaping then something new catches your eye and your like bam! Gotta have it and it's awesome again. I just did that. Had an Istick 30W with the Atlantis V1 and was getting bored. Went into the local B&M one day and noticed the eVic VT. blew my vape budget on the kit and now I'm back into vaping again.
same ecext thing happend to me the other week. was getting bored with my istick 30 and went to a B&M and walked out with an evic vt.

Reactions: nancybout

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
To me, vaping is a hobby but not a central hobby. I'm not up building coils all day, every day. It's just like me and drawing. I do enjoy vaping quite a bit though, and I guess because I haven't made it a center hobby in my life I'm not bored with my Atlantis 2 and eVic VT setup quite yet.

Exactly where I'm at currently! I DIY and enjoy coming up with new recipes, but I've found the gear that works for me and have several recipes I make in larger batches. But to each his (or her) own; everybody has their thing and that's what makes us individuals!

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread