Bothered. I want another mod but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
I feel limited to quality and safety features. I'm incredibly well satisfied with the sxmini s class but I had to let it go unfortunately due to ... TFV4 at the time got me into the fab of more watts. Now that I am satisfied with the crown tank I personally don't feel the need to go crazy watts over 100. But... There are a few mods out there I have my eyes on. When it comes right down to it I'm more for quality of the mod over "features". I could care very less down to the bottom of my sole of my shoes. Only feature desirable are:

• Resistance Limit: 0.05 - 0.2 ohms (Temperature Control Mode optional. I don't use ni-wire or coils)
  • Single Battery or dual battery
  • Resistance Limit: 0.15 - 3.0 ohm
  • Reverse Polarity, Output Short, Low Resistance, Low Battery Voltage, and Overheating Protection.
  • Battery faulty detection (similar to the sxmini)
  • Sturdy buttons that wont rattle or stick ending up auto-firing.
That's all I personally like. As far as the mod itself of its construction...Quality. I keep looking at the snow wolf 50w only because of it's exquisite breath taking flawless design. The chip however, leaves me wondering if it's right for me.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Most of the mods on the market have good safety features, and quality is improving with every update. Find something you like, then search reviews on it. If it isn't total trash, get it. Most problems are caused by careless users anyways, although not all are.

I prefer final product, not be part of the whole crowd in a beta testing fiasco. No...

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I prefer final product, not be part of the whole crowd in a beta testing fiasco. No...

Well, then the last variation of you chosen mod made before you die will be the one to get. All you need is a time machine...

Most of the stuff on the market isn't in beta testing, but it still gets upgrades every so often. Are you saying the 2015 and older Corvette are just test models and the 2016 is the real production version? What about when 2017 rolls around?

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I'm not playing these mind games. I'm saying, I want a mod that works well, and is built solid.
Pick one, there are a lot out there. A suggestion was made that was tried and true and you didn't like it. If you don't want the mainstream stuff, then you get into the grey zone, and that's where things get more iffy. I gambled on a Snow Wolf and loved it. It's working great after 4-5 months. But some people don't like them. Make a list of mods you like, then research them all and see what you still like. There are going to be people that swear by a mod you may hate. It all comes down to you making a choice that is right for you. No one here can tell you what is 100% perfect for you.

CloudOFsmoke

Sep 15, 2015
  • Deleted by Technonut
  • Reason: Disruptive, and evading forum censors

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
If you're looking at 50W mods (or thinking of a single battery sx350) .... why not just get another (tried and true) SX mini? In terms of Mods - vaping with kanthal is pretty much as good as it's gonna get (with the focus on TC and NR wires) and the S class is still one of the best options out there. There is one in the classifieds right now ripe for the taking - and they seem to pop up semi-regularly. Plus with the ML releasing soon now's a good time to start shopping for a used M class.

If it's in your budget the Flask v3 with a VF custom 100W SX350J board is prepping for the production release. It meets your requirements and is backed by great US based support. I'm 100% satisfied with my Flask40 and use it daily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy Road

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
You do realize that you turned anyone will to help you off by your second post in this thread...
You wanted mod suggestions. Someone brought you one - Sigelei. You scoffed and said you were "so tired" of that suggestion...
So what the f*** do you want? Sig is a solid brand with a great reputation. It has the features you wanted. If you want help, fine, but being a d*** around here isnt going to make folks want to help you.

Heres my suggestion for a mod: A bag of dicks.
That last line is woefully inappropriate! You might want to edit that last bit out.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
For me it comes down to battery life. The smaller 50 -75 watt Devices only take one 18650 battery which for me means constant changing out batteries on days that I am off from work and chain vaping or blowing clouds on an extremely low build. Not so on the larger dual battery mods, but they are larger to carry around. I did see sigelei is improving the battery life of the sigelei 75 watt Plus by changing the design to take a 26650 battery which has a higher mah rating. As far as the Snow Wolf 50 I don't know anything about them, I see Snow Wolf came out with a 75 watt mod too, I may pick up a Snow wolf 200, but for reliability it won't be my only mod, I may also pick up another Smok X Cube 2 as it seems pretty durable, is updateable, and does everything I want

Reactions: Kprthevapr

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Reactions: Racehorse

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Currently the SX350J options out there are the SXminiM (with soon to be released ML version, "v2" chip), VaporFlask was rumored to have a SX350J device in the works (I say 'rumored' as I've not actually seen one myself) and "Boxer" has a 3D printed model out and lastly the same folks who offer 'boxers' also sell the SX350J chip itself. (build your own)

The IPV series uses non-SX350J YiHi chips which offer similar basic features however at this writing they don't offer a similar TSR adjustment as the new update for the SX350J has.

My SXminiM died on me and my supplier says they can't replace it. I have a choice to hold out to see if they are going to import the new "ML Series" or get a DNA200 device.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread