Bothered. I want another mod but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
That last line is woefully inappropriate! You might want to edit that last bit out.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what's his beef. I just gave a neutral response. I'll just wait until something catches my eye. As for Sx mini I really can't stand their battery cap style.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I feel limited to quality and safety features. I'm incredibly well satisfied with the sxmini s class but I had to let it go unfortunately due to ... TFV4 at the time got me into the fab of more watts. Now that I am satisfied with the crown tank I personally don't feel the need to go crazy watts over 100. But... There are a few mods out there I have my eyes on. When it comes right down to it I'm more for quality of the mod over "features". I could care very less down to the bottom of my sole of my shoes. Only feature desirable are:

• Resistance Limit: 0.05 - 0.2 ohms (Temperature Control Mode optional. I don't use ni-wire or coils)
  • Single Battery or dual battery
  • Resistance Limit: 0.15 - 3.0 ohm
  • Reverse Polarity, Output Short, Low Resistance, Low Battery Voltage, and Overheating Protection.
  • Battery faulty detection (similar to the sxmini)
  • Sturdy buttons that wont rattle or stick ending up auto-firing.
That's all I personally like. As far as the mod itself of its construction...Quality. I keep looking at the snow wolf 50w only because of it's exquisite breath taking flawless design. The chip however, leaves me wondering if it's right for me.

1. cloudmaker sx350J (supposedly they shipping end of this month but they keep getting delayed, i'd say end of this month and on)
2. snow wolf 200w version 2 (coming out, my guess, end of next month)
3. sigelei 200w tc (coming out, my guess, end of next month)
4. sx mini ml class (pretty much version 2 of the sx350J with dna 200 escribe-like software)
5. the next pioneer4you dual 18650 product

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
iJoy Asolo 200W, it can't actually do 200W due to the limitations of the dual 18650 batteries however it is a very compact dual 18650 mod that otherwise would seem to tick most if not all of your wants off the list.

This is just the protections the device has in place,
Reverse polarity protection
Low voltage protection
Low resistance protection
Short-Circuit protection
Over-current protection
PCB temperature overheat protection
Parameter lock-out protection
Single battery independent protection

Didn't see it suggested in here so I figured I'd put it up, If you want to go more in depth there's a fantastic Youtube review here:

That review has detailed pictures of the internal workings among anything else you could want to know and the guy that does the review is extremely thorough.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
If quality and safety of construction and features is what you're after, the MVP3 Pro is absolutely among the top contenders in its class. Its one downside for your criteria is the watt limit, but the thing is a battletank. I love mine.

Can't really switch batteries in it though.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Why not a Boxer or 100W Flask? These other 200W dual batteries don't make sense from a safety perspective. That much power is impossible from just two batteries, the way they try to achieve it is by abusinging theoretical pulse ratings (the activate the battery on and off rapidly at high drain). There's no better way to wear your batteries down than that. Do it too long and who knows what happens.

Last edited:
Why not a Boxer or 100W Flask? These 200W dual batteries don't make sense from a safety perspective. That much power is impossible from just two batteries, the way the try to achieve it is by abusinging theoretical pulse ratings (the activate the battery on and off rapidly at high drain). There's no better way to wear your batteries down than that. Do it too long and who knows what happens.

I don't think anybody actually claims 200w from using two 18650's ( I believe max is 133w with DNA). The chip has the potential to go up to 200w using lipo batteries. I'm not sure what the true max is for Yihi Sx350j.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
I don't think anybody actually claims 200w from using two 18650's ( I believe max is 133w with DNA). The chip has the potential to go up to 200w using lipo batteries. I'm not sure what the true max is for Yihi Sx350j.

Truth to be told, I don't mind in any way using a dna200 single battery. However... I go by quality, build, & little bit of watts. More importantly...How to access switching batteries easier. The SX series was by far the best but only flaw was that annoying cap.

Only watts I use commonly are between 30-60w. Only reason why I abandoned the sx was because of using the FTV4. Had it not be for that tank I would have gladly remained using my sold S class. Instead, I had to buy a sigelei just for the sake of higher power vapor performance of the tank needed. Now I play the waiting game until I find something appealing as that of a safety feature of yihi. Problem is, I'll never find one as affordable non-rattling as the SX. There is one potential candidate however. The Yep NTC 60 watt. Only reason this appeals to me are the simplistic pleasures of use.

The buttons
Battery vault, like the sxmini, handling is easy to open and close
Top plate for where the 22mm can sit flush

Only problem is, I don't know what the internals are what they look like inside.

http://g02.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1W1nkIpXXXXc4XpXXq6xXFXXXX/power-control-YEP-NTC-60W-box-mod.jpg

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
You already have the SXMini? Go with a DNA200. It's a great compliment device.

My SXMini handles all my RBAs and anything I'm testing or building. Then the DNA goes with me everywhere.

If I were to pick from all of the DNA devices excluding the VS(I already have it)I'd be looking at the Jaybo. 3x the battery life.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
I'd go into dna 200 mods no problem but I know very little about them. Not to mention every lip battery dna 200 mod I've seen has a soft battery life. It doesn't sit well with me as an all day vapor. Sure, there's a jaybo but that thing alone is too big for my taste let alone dangling in my pocket. Hotcig & vaporshark dna are nice but again my expectations are be able to remove battery with ease and charging them. Probably more or less on the vaporshark if I know how to charge the battery rather than charging it on the usb.

I don't aim to use usb chargers at all or anytime soon in the near future.

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
iPV 3, I'm not shure about iPV 3 li. But the iPV3 I'v had for over a year, thing is a beast in durability. No tc though, and to get the best out of it updating it is kinda a pain, just saying I love mine.

IPV3 Li just used the same box as the IPV3 but with a SX chip Ni/Ti Temp Control, upgraded firing button and a functioning touch sensor.

Reactions: Strange Smile
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread